Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Veteran Member Three Rings SprintBlueWorld's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    08 Hemi Big Horn, 08 Honda civic, 08 Audi S4 Cab MT6

The Airbag Recall

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Allright so I've put this off long enough that Audi of America has sent me the concern trolling letter of imminent danger of metal shards flying to my body causing instant death as well as other mayhem and destruction. I simply didn't want the hassle of the temporary solution followed by another appointment for the permanent one. Are the permanent solutions now available? However, I have another concern. Does the dealer reflash your car to get this done? I'm sure no one wants the added hassle of losing their custom tune.

Senior Member Two Rings PigDiesel54's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I just scheduled an appointment for doing the permanent fix because I got the letter this week. Dealer said they are available. I did the temp fix back in February and I don't know if they flash it or not given my car is stock but I don't understand why they would need to do it if all they have to do is drop the glove box and pull the old one out and put the new one in.
    2006 Brilliant Red B7 S4 Avant 6MT
    2001 Cactus Green B5 S4 Avant 6MT
    2006 Brilliant Red B7 A4 2.0T Quattro Tiptronic

Veteran Member Three Rings SprintBlueWorld's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    08 Hemi Big Horn, 08 Honda civic, 08 Audi S4 Cab MT6

Me neither, but i seem to recall someone saying they flashed their car while doing this.

Senior Member Four Rings VinnysS4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I had it done. They did not flash my car. I made damn sure of it. They offered a permanent solution the first time....

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    1997 VW GTI VR6 (sold), 2003 Audi RS6 (sold), 2010 Audi A4 2.0T (RIP Totaled on 11/2/2015 ) 2005.5 Audi S4

My build log
    http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...-s-s4-timeline

Texpoops "Correct, but a half inch difference isnít going to accelerate wear by much. Iím sure the front dips that much with a fatty in the front"

Senior Member Two Rings PigDiesel54's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by VinnysS4 View Post
    I had it done. They did not flash my car. I made damn sure of it. They offered a permanent solution the first time....

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    I thought that too but apparently it was only temporary. Your story of how they revved the shit out of your car after a cold start kills me and just solidifies why I hate dealerships. When I did the temp fix my driver side axle decided to go on my drive home. Let's see what will break this time.
    2006 Brilliant Red B7 S4 Avant 6MT
    2001 Cactus Green B5 S4 Avant 6MT
    2006 Brilliant Red B7 A4 2.0T Quattro Tiptronic