Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Thread: INTAKES

Senior Member Three Rings 1killera4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Post INTAKES

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    So on my B7 2.0T the Stock Airbox was the way to go. What about on the A3 2.0T? Any recommendations?

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Stock airbox. Some will say that you need aftermarket if you going Stage 2 but I've done a lot of research and can't find anything that shows it is truly needed. Apparently a bigger IC helps a lot more than an aftermarket airbox.
    2017 Audi S3 Premium Plus
    Glacier White Metallic | Tech | Black Optic | S Sport | Bang & Olufsen

Veteran Member Three Rings Spinnetti's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Airbox might help, but probably not worth the $/hp. Drop in K&N panel probably just about as good
    2015 S3: Uni Stage 2 ECU/TCU / Most of the 034 chassis and suspension catalog / APR Intake, Turbo inlet and Downpipe / ECS resonator delete / Neuspeed turbo muffler delete & Discharge piping / Stock 19" wheels, 20mm Spacers F / 15mm R
    2008 R8 V8 Manual: Uni 93 ECU tune / Avior Exhaust / 15mm Spacers / R8 Puddle lights / Custom mats
    1991 LS400: Literally every part replaced or modified in some way (24hrs of Lemons car)

Senior Member Three Rings 1killera4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Good enough for me, thanks guys! K&N it is!

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I got a killer deal on the Forge carbon intake. For $350 shipped, I couldnt pass it up.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

I just put the apr cai in yesterday. Would have preferred not to spend the cash but went with the apr plus package. Package states that you can only do certain mods to keep the warranty. Their intake is one of them of course. Looks cool and I plan going to stage 2 when warranty is up anyway. The car hasn't overheated yet so I guess it works!

Established Member Two Rings 1S32K16's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I started with the AFE drop in filter and removing the snow grate; I chose AFE pro-dry filter because I never liked running oiled filters on my car. But eventually found a AFE magnum stage 2 CAI for sale on the forum and bought it. Sounds great along with the turbo muffler delete and turbo inlet. You should look in the for sale section people are always selling various options for cheaper than buying it new.
    2016 Monsoon Gray S3 with black optic package, 15% llumar tint, Emmanuele design springs, rear sway bar and endlinks, 19' Forgestar CF5's, Audi resonator delete pipe, OEM aluminum mirror covers, JB1, TAG Trunk emblem black out package, Lamin-X smoke tint taillights & headlights, Bull-X Catted Downpipe, AFE Magnum Force Stage 2 Intake, CTS Turbo Inlet, Nuespeed Discharge Pipe, 034 Dogbone & Subframe Mounts, E30 Blend Fuel

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Coolrunning View Post
    I got a killer deal on the Forge carbon intake. For $350 shipped, I couldnt pass it up.
    that a stealer deal
    2015 A3 1.8TFSI 7speed S-tronic (FWD)
    Engine mod BMS JB4/ Revo catless DP/aFe dryflo drop-in/stock intake mod/Revo MQB Intercooler/Revo muffler delete/CTS TIP/GFB DV+/034 dog-mount ......VCDS mod visual parking aid, needle sweep & oil temp on DIS