Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Info@EuroCode's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerking93 View Post
    Astounding gains mate!

I reckon the gains and curves closely resemble APR's Stage 2 91 vs 100!

Very informative post indeed!
    Thank you, and yes they are almost identical. we post the actual dyno graphs, so they are never as smooth as the digital images APR provides. They take multiple runs and average them and create these graphs from that data, which is a great way to provide what most will average on the dyno.
    [center]

[FONT="Verdana"]EuroCode Tuning, Inc.
    1872 Del Amo Blvd Unit A
    Torrance, CA 90501
    310-294-8108

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Dasquade View Post
    Forgive me for the trolling, but since this product is extensively tested...i'm sure the mass airflow volume has been recorded as this is the bottleneck and breakthrough and goal of this product right?
    Kind joking but just very curious if 99% of the stage 2 guys with any type of airfilter (stock and aftermarket) running dry on air input and maybe these contribute to the misfires we all suffer from. Hope you understand my request and why i try keep pushing for that data :).
    Ill do my best to provide you with fundamentals of airflow, VE and absolute pressures, to put your mind at ease with regards to possibly running lean.

The cases discussed here are on stock s6 or rs7 turbochargers. The compressor geometry takes in one absolute pressure and outputs another. If the stock inlets see a 200mbar (this starts off close to ambient and the depression increases as RPM increases with more air volume being induced) depression at the inlet, then whatever the output is (for argument sake, lets say 1.2bar increase) will always be relative to what was induced. Manifold pressure now reads 2 bar absolute AND at 2 bar absolute, the VE table and fueling strategy will inject enough fuel to hit target AFR for the 2 bar absolute pressure. Now we install the SRM inlets. Absolute inlet pressure is now only 50mbar depression (at redline but the smaller inlet still hurt inlet velocity even at lower rpm/airflow) If the compressor is able to increase relative pressure by 1.2bar then manifold pressure will read absolute 2.15mbar. The fueling strategy knows exactly how much fuel to inject at this increased pressure as the OEM Ve tables have lookups all the way to 3bar absolute.

The only time there would be a need to address fueling is when a physical change to the VE of the system is made. There are very few things that change volumetric efficiency:
    1. Variable cam timing
    2. throttle angle
    3. back pressure (this changes when turbos are changed)

If anything is unclear, id be happy to explain when I have time ;)

Veteran Member Four Rings Dasquade's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Sean@EuroCode View Post
    Ill do my best to provide you with fundamentals of airflow, VE and absolute pressures, to put your mind at ease with regards to possibly running lean.

The cases discussed here are on stock s6 or rs7 turbochargers. The compressor geometry takes in one absolute pressure and outputs another. If the stock inlets see a 200mbar (this starts off close to ambient and the depression increases as RPM increases with more air volume being induced) depression at the inlet, then whatever the output is (for argument sake, lets say 1.2bar increase) will always be relative to what was induced. Manifold pressure now reads 2 bar absolute AND at 2 bar absolute, the VE table and fueling strategy will inject enough fuel to hit target AFR for the 2 bar absolute pressure. Now we install the SRM inlets. Absolute inlet pressure is now only 50mbar depression (at redline but the smaller inlet still hurt inlet velocity even at lower rpm/airflow) If the compressor is able to increase relative pressure by 1.2bar then manifold pressure will read absolute 2.15mbar. The fueling strategy knows exactly how much fuel to inject at this increased pressure as the OEM Ve tables have lookups all the way to 3bar absolute.

The only time there would be a need to address fueling is when a physical change to the VE of the system is made. There are very few things that change volumetric efficiency:
    1. Variable cam timing
    2. throttle angle
    3. back pressure (this changes when turbos are changed)

If anything is unclear, id be happy to explain when I have time ;)
    Cheers and big thanks for the short inside :)!
    Current S6 C7 avant 2013: estoril | ceramics | JD engineering stage 2 | LightVan no backseats | Milltek non-res valved | 034 trans-diff mount |CETE ASCv2 & EVC | FL dynamic tails & dynamic mirror signals | Thermo ZO coated catless DP | Custom HX cooler (JD) | RS6 c6 matt gunmetal 20" wheels | custom spoiler sideskirts diffuser | Maxton front lip | Armor heatshielded mani-turbo-dp | B&O led lens tweeters (replica) | Forge boost hoses
    In dev: R8GT steeringwheel | FIS mmi gauges

Account Terminated Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Info@EuroCode View Post
    Thank you, and yes they are almost identical. we post the actual dyno graphs, so they are never as smooth as the digital images APR provides. They take multiple runs and average them and create these graphs from that data, which is a great way to provide what most will average on the dyno.
    I don't think you or anyone else understood my response. What I'm saying is the dyno results you posted for your intakes are actually APR 91 octane vs APR 100 octane. You did a good job at fooling everyone else mate, I'll give you that. ;-)

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

1. Its negligible - however for those interested in preserving the stock airbox, we have an airbox option for the same price. Look for dyno testing to be posted shortly which will reveal how much of a restriction the stock airbox really is.

2. The sound is far less obnoxious than some of the other options on the market, reason being - the noise you are hearing is mainly friction and velocity. When sucking the air through a smaller inlet, velocity is higher and therefore creates more noise. The intake wooosh is still noticeable but less obnoxious - other customers who recently installed the system noted the same in their reviews.

is there any update for option 1. ?

Veteran Member Four Rings ericw.'s Avatar
    AZ Member #

1. Its negligible - however for those interested in preserving the stock airbox, we have an airbox option for the same price. Look for dyno testing to be posted shortly which will reveal how much of a restriction the stock airbox really is.
    I heard of someone getting just the piping and mating it with another intake. Is this going to be available at any point in the future?

I'd love to buy just the piping and install kit while keeping my AWE v2 carbon intake box.
    IG @lolzhax // agilitydrives.us
    C7 S7 4.0tt | LX7U | APR STG1 ECU+TCU | S-FloV2 | EUROCODE SWAYS | CETE ASC | RFX7 | EVO2 | RS7 FR+R | Indicator Delete | Hardwired | Straight Piped
    b7 a4 2.0t | Stage 2+ | DTM Body | All the bolt-on mods | [sold]

Established Member Three Rings IowaRS7's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    69 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by ericw. View Post
    I heard of someone getting just the piping and mating it with another intake. Is this going to be available at any point in the future?

I'd love to buy just the piping and install kit while keeping my AWE v2 carbon intake box.
    They are available as I have them installed with my Eventuri intake.

Veteran Member Four Rings ericw.'s Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by IowaRS7 View Post
    They are available as I have them installed with my Eventuri intake.
    have a link by chance? Did you use OEM accordion hoses?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    IG @lolzhax // agilitydrives.us
    C7 S7 4.0tt | LX7U | APR STG1 ECU+TCU | S-FloV2 | EUROCODE SWAYS | CETE ASC | RFX7 | EVO2 | RS7 FR+R | Indicator Delete | Hardwired | Straight Piped
    b7 a4 2.0t | Stage 2+ | DTM Body | All the bolt-on mods | [sold]

Established Member Three Rings IowaRS7's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    69 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by ericw. View Post
    have a link by chance? Did you use OEM accordion hoses?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    They were listed as an option on the SRM website. I have more information on them in my build thread.

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...-Thread/page11

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12