Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Info@EuroCode's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Dyno test results SRM Luftwaffe air intake system Graphs/Video/Photos Audi S6/S7 4.0T

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    The test subject is a 2016 Audi S6, the mod list you will find below. We made 3 passes as is, and followed that by 3 more passes with the SRM Luftwaffe air intake. As you will see, the charge air temps hurt the performance even after one pass, and run after run, the power drops off. However despite this drop in horsepower and torque, the gains from the SRM intake remained true run after run. We have laid the 1st, 2nd and 3rd runs, for the before and after, over each other, we think you will be amazed.

The crown jewel of this kit, are the over-sized billet inlet adapters that are machined on a 5th axis CNC, using a single block of aluminum. This is the true bottle neck as we have come to find out, the numbers speak for themselves.

2016 S6
    APR Stage 2 running 100 octane mode
    APR TCU upgrade
    APR Cast down pipes with high flow cats
    APR CPS (Coolant Performance system)
    SRM Luftwaffe air intake system (previously on stock airbox with a K&N drop in filter)
    Factory Audi Sport exhaust

First Run peak gains 49HP & 30TQ
    First Run Max gains 60HP @ 6100rpm & 63TQ @ 3800rpm

Second Run peak gains 33HP & 25TQ
    Second Run Max gains 50HP @ 5200rpm 58TQ @ 4000rpm

Third Run peak gains 35HP & 60 lb/ft TQ
    Third Run Max gains 57HP @ 4000rpm 64TQ @ 4000rpm

If you find this post useful, please support us by making your purchase via the link below.
    SRM Luftwaffe air inake system for the 4.0TFSI avilable in black and brushed aluminum FREE SHIPPING in the U.S.

The plan is to do this exact same test on the RS7 with an aftermarket intake.

We hope this post is informative.

Run 1 Peak gains 49HP & 30TQ Max gains 60HP @ 6100rpm & 63TQ @ 3800rpm

Run 2 Peak gains 33HP & 25TQ Max gains 50HP @ 5200rpm 58TQ @ 4000rpm

Run 3 Peak gains 35HP & 60 lb/ft TQ Max gains 57HP @ 4000rpm 64TQ @ 4000rpm

All runs before the intake change

All runs after the inatke change

EuroCode Tuning, Inc.
    1872 Del Amo Blvd Unit A
    Torrance, CA 90501
    310-294-8108
    2012/2013 APR United States Distributor of the Year

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Couple of questions... 1. Is there no heat shield for this or would it even matter? 2. Please tell me the turbo noise is much louder because that's what I'm after as well as performance.

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by 2slow4u View Post
    Couple of questions... 1. Is there no heat shield for this or would it even matter? 2. Please tell me the turbo noise is much louder because that's what I'm after as well as performance.
    1. Its negligible - however for those interested in preserving the stock airbox, we have an airbox option for the same price. Look for dyno testing to be posted shortly which will reveal how much of a restriction the stock airbox really is.

2. The sound is far less obnoxious than some of the other options on the market, reason being - the noise you are hearing is mainly friction and velocity. When sucking the air through a smaller inlet, velocity is higher and therefore creates more noise. The intake wooosh is still noticeable but less obnoxious - other customers who recently installed the system noted the same in their reviews.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

How is clearance when changing coils and plugs? Would the intake need to be removed?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Audizine mobile app

Established Member Three Rings IowaRS7's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    69 Camaro SS

Gains look solid on the dyno, another solid alternative intake option. We know that S6 airbox is restrictive on tubes cars. Canít wait for the RS7 dyno results!

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Any love for the S8?
    Fast cars n faster women
    08 S5
    04 WRX STi
    '70 Cuda

Veteran Member Four Rings Dasquade's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Hope we can ask it here then ;) but do these fit stock S6 turbo's - modified SRM dropin CHRA (or how they are called - front house and turbines) - RS6/7 turbo's as some said stock S6 intake at the turbo side is smaller then RS side?
    *eurocode s6 c7 stage 2 = so that means stock turbo....
    Too bad import taxes will kill it again for europeans :( but do i smell a groupbuy?

Anyway, thanks for finally bringing out some results that are indeed looking promising. Still curious about IAT's and especially on road conditions.
    Speaking of IAT, you guys will be distributing the SRM charge cooler stage 1 - 2 kits? More curious in those especially data ;).
    Current S6 C7 avant 2013: estoril | ceramics | JD engineering stage 2 | LightVan no backseats | Milltek non-res valved | 034 trans-diff mount |CETE ASCv2 & EVC | FL dynamic tails & dynamic mirror signals | Thermo ZO coated catless DP | Custom HX cooler (JD) | RS6 c6 matt gunmetal 20" wheels | custom tailgate spoiler & diffuser | Maxton front lip | Armor heatshielded mani-turbo-dp | B&O led lens tweeters (replica)
    In development: R8GT steeringwheel | FIS controler (mmi gauges)

Veteran Member Four Rings HeelBuff's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 Audi RS7 APR stage 2, 2017 Audi Q7, 2013 Audi S5

I can personally vouch for SRM and this inlet/intake system. Iíve gone through K&N, Roc-Euro and Eventuri. Finally I found something that makes a positive impact and does no harm.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Random question -- is there any potential for these to have unintended consequences just hanging out to the side? I think this is an interesting option and I'd definitely consider it. But having experienced firsthand how the silicone couplers have a meaningful negative impact that you might not think of at first blush, I'd want to consider any potential negative repercussions. No clue how much they weigh but can't be much given they are aluminum. However, is it theoretically possible they slightly impact balance and the motor mounts if not supported on what is typically the airbox side?

Sean, the airbox option you mention would fix that as it would provide a support, but if it truly is a restriction then it beats the point. Is some other sort of support/bracing feasible and beneficial?

Generally speaking, I'm intrigued and local. Might need to take another drive down to your shop to buy/install as part of my prospective stage 3 project.
    2016 Daytona Gray S7. Black optics + sport pkg. APR stage 2 + TCU, eurocode stuff, cosmetic stuff.

Established Member Two Rings vdubtucckn's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Stocked and ready to ship or is there a turn time? Interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

AZ Member #

Sibce this is pure an air intake mass volume product, would it be possible to share logged air mass volume data from stock s6 - srm pipes with stock box (maybe with k&n filter) - the full dual filter srm kit?
    Dyno numbers are nice but if stock is really such a bottleneck (pipes/filters) would be nice to see how much extra air volume contributes too that extra power.

*it definatly made me start thinking if we cant make more use of it (blow chilled compressed air right infront of the turbo blades)...but that is for other topic ;).

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Welp. Time to spend money.
    2017 Wrangler Sahara
    2015 RS7...stock + Akrapovic
    2009 Nissan GTR....1100whp
    2007 Porsche 911 Turbo...Bolt On's

Veteran Member Three Rings GameBreaker's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Phantom Black S6, GONE but Not forgotten: Dolphin Grey B6 S4

What does the install for this look like?

Veteran Member Four Rings Ze_Nardo6's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Dyno test results SRM Luftwaffe air intake system Graphs/Video/Photos Audi S6/S7 4.0T

Anyone have any before-after dragy or track numbers with this intake vs stock or vs another intake? Dyno testing is one of the least valuable metrics for an intake system for obvious reasons.

Definitely agree this intake solves the real issue (inlets)
    Mickey (AKA: AudiS4B8)

2017 Nardo Grey S6 | APR Stage 3 | RS Turbos | Akrapovic Exhaust | AMS Downpipes | AMS Cooling System | MRC Carbon Inlets | Eventuri Intake | Satin Black HRE P44SC Wheels | Cete Lowering Module | Alu Kreuz | Eurocode Sways and Endlinks | Neidfaktor Carbon Mirrors | Full Suntek PPF | Opticoat Pro+

Instagram: ze_nardo6
    10.69 @ 129mph

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser One Ring
    AZ Member #

Hey all,

First off, SRM and Eurocode would like to thank everyone for their support of our continued product development for the Audi platform. It is a very exciting time to be an Audi enthusiast right now, especially for those of you who have the new 2.5evo and the 4.0T platforms. We are excited to show you all what we have in store for these platforms as well as others such as the tried and true 2.0T and the new 2.9T. All of your purchases, shared stories as well as critical feedback go a long way to helping us put out the best products we can.

With that said, we do acknowledge that there have been some issues along the way. The successes we have seen with our recent product releases have far exceeded our own expectations. Right now we find ourselves having to play catch up with demand and reduce turn-around times for orders. We appreciate everyoneís continued patience as both SRM and Eurocode work diligently to address these issues. Thank you all for your continued support.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Gerald, does this mean that these intakes are not in stock? If they arenít...what kind of wait time are we expecting?

I want to order a set, but Iím not too hyped waiting weeks for what Iíve paid for.

Can you comment please?

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I'm just about due for an oil change. This would be a fun extra to have done. Are these going to be in stock?

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

AZ Member #

@Gerard@EuroCode: can we pretty please get some mass air volume data before and after please, even after data would be nice (but suppose you don't have them).
    In that case, anyone with SRM tubes willing to log those please? Some additional IAT's would be ideally aswell (especially apperently heatshields are no longer needed ).
    Also are those WHP or EngHP? Still trying to figuer out if stock airbox/tubes are maxed out on stage 2 (different tune here tough), i mean i'm running stockbox + k&n/catless and dyno showed me pulls of 890Nm (= 656ft-lb) and 580EngHp. Like some said, dyno numbers are one thing, would of prefured airbox sellers provided actually data numbers of what the product is designed for aka more mass air volume. Hope it doesn't come over as being a troll, but...
    Last edited by Dasquade; Today at 05:14 AM.
    Current S6 C7 avant 2013: estoril | ceramics | JD engineering stage 2 | LightVan no backseats | Milltek non-res valved | 034 trans-diff mount |CETE ASCv2 & EVC | FL dynamic tails & dynamic mirror signals | Thermo ZO coated catless DP | Custom HX cooler (JD) | RS6 c6 matt gunmetal 20" wheels | custom tailgate spoiler & diffuser | Maxton front lip | Armor heatshielded mani-turbo-dp | B&O led lens tweeters (replica)
    In development: R8GT steeringwheel | FIS controler (mmi gauges)

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Awesome work. Was the A/F checked to make sure itís staying safe with that increased airflow? Some of the gains could be due to running leaner.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 audi S6

Quote Originally Posted by Ze_Nardo6 View Post
    Anyone have any before-after dragy or track numbers with this intake vs stock or vs another intake? Dyno testing is one of the least valuable metrics for an intake system for obvious reasons.

Definitely agree this intake solves the real issue (inlets)
    X2 for the dragy numbers or actual track numbers!

AZ Member #

Forgive me for continue on this...but for what it is worth. Here are more or less my mass air volume under full load after engine at operational temps (bit hard to capture as obdeleven live data charts tend to freeze unlike running numbers).
    Anyway....
    *mass air volume through throttle valve: 1545kg/h (but think at times i saw it peak at 1700kg/h).
    *outside ambient temp: 27įC
    *intake air temp before throttle body (raw): 146įC.
    *intake air temp manifold 1: 86įC