Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2005 Ford Excursion 6.0L

Wheel and tire help

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    OK so after countless post searches and reading I'm just going to ask for some advice and guidance here since I'm ready to pull the trigger on rims and tires.

For rims I've narrowed my choices down to the Zito ZF01, HRE FF01, or HRE RC1. Zito offers 20x10, but HRE only offers the FF01 in a 20x9, not sure about the RC1, I can only assume 20x9 as well. I guessing 285 is going to be too wide for S6 unless that depends on rim offset? I see some guys running 275 on S6's with no issues but that brings me to problem #2. I'd really like to run the Toyo R888R tires, but they don't offer a 275 in that tire, only 285 or 255 . If 285 is possible, and it sticks out past the fender a hair, I'd be ok with that. Otherwise I'm going to go with the Michelin PSS in a 275.

Next question, offset and spacers. Is this going to depend on the the tire size? The car is not lowered yet, I'm still debating on VCDS lowering or lowering links.

Thanks for any help guys.
    2015 S6 Glacier White | APR Stage 2 & downpipes | Miltek non-res w/ black tips | APR CPS (not installed yet) | SRM air intake | more to come shortly....

Veteran Member Four Rings MacFady's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    330i ZHP

Forget 285 being too wide for an S6, 285 is too wide for a 9"wheel. It may fit on, but it will look and ride terrible. If you go with 20x9 stick with 265. From what I've read 285 shouldn't be a problem on an S6 depending on the rest of your proposed tire specs, 285/?/20. As you note it also will depend on what wheel offset you are planning, or visa versa depending on what aspect ratio you are thinking on that 285/20.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2005 Ford Excursion 6.0L

Quote Originally Posted by MacFady View Post
    Forget 285 being too wide for an S6, 285 is too wide for a 9"wheel. It may fit on, but it will look and ride terrible. If you go with 20x9 stick with 265. From what I've read 285 shouldn't be a problem on an S6 depending on the rest of your proposed tire specs, 285/?/20. As you note it also will depend on what wheel offset you are planning, or visa versa depending on what aspect ratio you are thinking on that 285/20.
    My apologies for not mentioning that. I was thinking 285/35. If I can run a 285 then I'll go with the 20x10. As for offset, any idea on what offset I'll need to stuff a 285/35 in there? If it sticks out a little past the fender I don't think I'll have a problem with it.
    2015 S6 Glacier White | APR Stage 2 & downpipes | Miltek non-res w/ black tips | APR CPS (not installed yet) | SRM air intake | more to come shortly....