Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Results 1 to 30 of 30
  1. #1
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 25 2017
    AZ Member #
    408881
    My Garage
    2010 Honda Element EX
    Location
    State College, PA

    My 2018 RS3 Experience

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    It seems that the car has been in for repairs as much as it has been in my possession.

    HPFP fail. Had to wait for parts from Germany. Close to a month.

    Headliner squeak. One week- two weeks for new headliner and replacement installation.

    Sunroof rattle(which coincidentally started after the headline replacement). 5 weeks and counting. Car dropped off in late May and it is still not in my possession.

    I’ve talked to AoA on a few occasions. They have pretty much ensured that this will be my last Audi/VW product. They are just awful. I have purchased 3 new Audi/VW vehicles in the last 5 years. I have been brand loyal, but Audi doesn’t care. My friends tease me by telling me “you should have bought a Ford”.

    The RS3 is an amazing platform and tons of fun, but for $65,000 you would think the quality control would be a little better. The irony is that with each subsequent Audi/VW purchase, I upgraded to a higher end platform and I got more problems.

    I love Audi vehicles, but I have come to despise Audi of America. Hope I get my car back this week.

    That is my Audi Customer Experience thus far.
    Last edited by HWCN; 07-22-2018 at 04:46 PM.
    2018 Daytona Grey Audi RS3 - Unitronic Stage 1+
    2015 Deep Black Pearl VW Golf R - Stage 1+ - SOLD
    2012 Shadow Blue VW GTI - K04 - SOLD

  2. #2
    Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 24 2017
    AZ Member #
    396205
    Location
    Auburn Hills, MI

    Quote Originally Posted by HWCN View Post
    It seems that the car has been in for repairs as much as it has been in my possession.

    HPFP fail. Had to wait for parts from Germany. Close to a month.

    Headliner squeak. One week- two weeks for new headliner and replacement installation.

    Sunroof rattle(which coincidentally started after the headline replacement). 5 weeks and counting. Car dropped off in late June and it is still not in my possession.

    I’ve talked to AoA on a few occasions. They have pretty much ensured that this will be my last Audi/VW product. They are just awful. I have purchased 3 new Audi/VW vehicles in the last 5 years. I have been brand loyal, but Audi doesn’t care. My friends tease me by telling me “you should have bought a Ford”.

    The RS3 is an amazing platform and tons of fun, but for $65,000 you would think the quality control would be a little better. The irony is that with each subsequent Audi/VW purchase, I upgraded to a higher end platform and I got more problems.

    I love Audi vehicles, but I have come to despise Audi of America. Hope I get my car back this week.

    That is my Audi Customer Experience thus far.
    Good morning,

    I am really sorry to learn about everything that's happened with your brand new RS 3 since you have taken delivery of it. We are here to try and help assist and advocate for you when situations like this do occur with your vehicle, and I apologize that we have fallen short in that regard. I would like to perform some additional review on your case if possible with your VIN and contact information. Are you able to provide that via a PM? Thank you very much.
    Vincenzo F.

    Audi Social Community Manager

  3. #3
    Registered Member Four Rings AUDIMAN33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 11 2014
    AZ Member #
    138724
    My Garage
    2014 Audi A4, Porsche Cayenne S, Mercedes Benz S430 4matic
    Location
    New York

    Quote Originally Posted by HWCN View Post
    It seems that the car has been in for repairs as much as it has been in my possession.

    HPFP fail. Had to wait for parts from Germany. Close to a month.

    Headliner squeak. One week- two weeks for new headliner and replacement installation.

    Sunroof rattle(which coincidentally started after the headline replacement). 5 weeks and counting. Car dropped off in late June and it is still not in my possession.

    I’ve talked to AoA on a few occasions. They have pretty much ensured that this will be my last Audi/VW product. They are just awful. I have purchased 3 new Audi/VW vehicles in the last 5 years. I have been brand loyal, but Audi doesn’t care. My friends tease me by telling me “you should have bought a Ford”.

    The RS3 is an amazing platform and tons of fun, but for $65,000 you would think the quality control would be a little better. The irony is that with each subsequent Audi/VW purchase, I upgraded to a higher end platform and I got more problems.

    I love Audi vehicles, but I have come to despise Audi of America. Hope I get my car back this week.

    That is my Audi Customer Experience thus far.
    Once Audi has your Check they go ghost, the dealers are always pointing the finger at the other guy, and rarely fix the problems at hand. I also have come to despise Audi of America, I find them useless, as many do on here. They say they are "advocating" for us but that is a lie, just a bunch of snakes in the grass. They ask for contact info like vin to express wanting to help but in reality its just another Audi game. I wouldn't give your vin number if I were you, I see you have a tune in your Sig, deff wouldn't trust them with that info. I've expressed my disappointments in many posts with them, and yet never once did they PM asking what happened or how to fix the dissatisfaction that they've caused instead they just delete my posts LOL so Next time you go in they may void your warranty if you give them the vin lol. Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by AUDIMAN33; 07-12-2018 at 07:43 AM.

  4. #4
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 25 2017
    AZ Member #
    408881
    My Garage
    2010 Honda Element EX
    Location
    State College, PA

    Quote Originally Posted by AUDIMAN33 View Post
    Once Audi has your Check they go ghost, the dealers are always pointing the finger at the other guy, and rarely fix the problems at hand. I also have come to despise Audi of America, I find them useless, as many do on here. They say they are "advocating" for us but that is a lie, just a bunch of snakes in the grass. They ask for contact info like vin to express wanting to help but in reality its just another Audi game. I wouldn't give your vin number if I were you, I see you have a tune in your Sig, deff wouldn't trust them with that info. I've expressed my disappointments in many posts with them, and yet never once did they PM asking what happened or how to fix the dissatisfaction that they've caused instead they just delete my posts LOL so Next time you go in they may void your warranty if you give them the vin lol. Just my 2 cents.
    I agree. They tried to deny my HPFP issue because of the tune when my car had only 3,000 miles. The HPFP is a known, systemic problem and AoA acted as if this was not the case. The representatives are not car people and just regurgitate the same old stuff without actually offering to make the customer experience better. The best they do is follow up with the dealership and than tell you they have.

    My car has been in the shop for 6 weeks now for the rattle in the sunroof and the delay was Audi requiring a whole lot of steps before approving a new sunroof frame. The hours wasted by the dealership is incredible, all due to AoA. My dealership has been pretty good, I have a nice loaner. They may have been the ones that caused the rattle when they replaced the headliner, but they are certainly working to fix it. It is just the ridiculous the protocols they have to go through for warranty work! The tech working on my car now is good and I am sure he will make it right.

    The key to good customer service is to make an unhappy customer happy. It is not hard. My experiences with AoA are just the opposite and despite Audi's being by far my favorite vehicle, unless they figure it out, I'm moving on.
    Last edited by HWCN; 07-22-2018 at 04:48 PM.
    2018 Daytona Grey Audi RS3 - Unitronic Stage 1+
    2015 Deep Black Pearl VW Golf R - Stage 1+ - SOLD
    2012 Shadow Blue VW GTI - K04 - SOLD

  5. #5
    Registered Member Four Rings AUDIMAN33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 11 2014
    AZ Member #
    138724
    My Garage
    2014 Audi A4, Porsche Cayenne S, Mercedes Benz S430 4matic
    Location
    New York

    Quote Originally Posted by HWCN View Post
    I agree. They tried to deny my HPFP issue because of the tune when my car had only 3,000 miles. The HPFP is a known, systemic problem and AoA acted as if this was not the case. The representatives are not car people and just regurgitate the same old stuff without actually offering to make the customer experience better. The best they do is follow up with the dealership and than tell you they have.

    My car has been in the shop for 6 weeks now for the rattle in the sunroof and the delay was Audi requiring a whole lot of steps before approving a new sunroof frame. The hours wasted by the dealership is incredible, all due to AoA. My dealership has been pretty good, I have a nice loaner. They may have been the ones that caused the rattle when they replaced the headliner, but they are certainly working to fix it. It is just the ridiculous the protocols they have to go through for warrantee work! The tech working on my car now is good and I am sure he will make it right.

    The key to good customer service is to make an unhappy customer happy. It is not hard. My experiences with AoA are just the opposite and despite Audi's being by far my favorite vehicle, unless they figure it out, I'm moving on.
    That is terrible and something I would not stand for, AoA is a horrible company that drags you through the glass, only to stab you at the end of the road. I truly believe that sometimes when speaking to AoA they are reading off a script that they can not go off of or they will lose their job. I had one rep tell me I was "wasting her time" and that no matter what I asked for it was going to have the same out come. "No" More then half of the time the dealership doesn't know how to fix your car, and the other half of time, they spend scratching it lol.

    You're right, it's not hard to make a customer happy but the longer that customer is angry the harder it is to get them back. Something that I feel Audi could care less about. I agree with you, Audi is a great car but the company, is the opposite. Something that makes me think twice about upgrading or even buying another one.

  6. #6
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 25 2017
    AZ Member #
    408881
    My Garage
    2010 Honda Element EX
    Location
    State College, PA

    6 weeks and counting. I PMed my cell to Vincenzo F. twice. No response.

    If the sunroof ever gets fixed, they will need to address the exhaust rattle, which I have asked for a number of times.
    2018 Daytona Grey Audi RS3 - Unitronic Stage 1+
    2015 Deep Black Pearl VW Golf R - Stage 1+ - SOLD
    2012 Shadow Blue VW GTI - K04 - SOLD

  7. #7
    Registered Member Four Rings AUDIMAN33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 11 2014
    AZ Member #
    138724
    My Garage
    2014 Audi A4, Porsche Cayenne S, Mercedes Benz S430 4matic
    Location
    New York

    Quote Originally Posted by HWCN View Post
    6 weeks and counting. I PMed my cell to Vincenzo F. twice. No response.

    If the sunroof ever gets fixed, they will need to address the exhaust rattle, which I have asked for a number of times.
    He won't, you know why? Because it's not looking up a pointless Vin number production number!!!

  8. #8
    Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 24 2017
    AZ Member #
    396205
    Location
    Auburn Hills, MI

    My apologies,

    I was out of the office yesterday and was not able to respond in a timely fashion. Looking forward to opening up a review on your behalf and reviewing to see if there are any opportunities for Audi to assist and turn your experience around. Thank you for your patience.
    Vincenzo F.

    Audi Social Community Manager

  9. #9
    Registered Member Four Rings AUDIMAN33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 11 2014
    AZ Member #
    138724
    My Garage
    2014 Audi A4, Porsche Cayenne S, Mercedes Benz S430 4matic
    Location
    New York

    My 2018 RS3 Experience

    Heard there was talk of a vin number involved


    After they make it look good for the public



    All jokes aside, I hope they help you. But I’d bet serious money on them leaving you unsatisfied as they did to me and the majority of their customers. And they’ll probably try to silence me and delete this post, because I brought up real issues. Notice how they ignore me? They’ll do the same with you. Why am I a less valuable unsatisfied customer? I’m not

    If anything you can lemon law it. It’s been in the shop for over 6 weeks for the same issue. It’s definitely come up to qualify for a Lemon...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Registered Member Three Rings
    Join Date
    Feb 15 2018
    AZ Member #
    414102
    Location
    Vancouver, WA

    Very scummy - didn't expect this from VWG

  11. #11
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 25 2017
    AZ Member #
    408881
    My Garage
    2010 Honda Element EX
    Location
    State College, PA

    I was contacted! It’s a start.

    Vincenzo has been the first person at Audi to actually acknowledge there was a HPFP problem with the RS3.
    2018 Daytona Grey Audi RS3 - Unitronic Stage 1+
    2015 Deep Black Pearl VW Golf R - Stage 1+ - SOLD
    2012 Shadow Blue VW GTI - K04 - SOLD

  12. #12
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 25 2017
    AZ Member #
    408881
    My Garage
    2010 Honda Element EX
    Location
    State College, PA

    I was told that Audi would not warranty my cold start up rattle because of my tune. Another known problem which Audi is using a technicality not to repair. The cold startup rattle has been there since day one!

    How does a tune have anything to do with an exhaust rattle?
    2018 Daytona Grey Audi RS3 - Unitronic Stage 1+
    2015 Deep Black Pearl VW Golf R - Stage 1+ - SOLD
    2012 Shadow Blue VW GTI - K04 - SOLD

  13. #13
    Registered Member Four Rings AUDIMAN33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 11 2014
    AZ Member #
    138724
    My Garage
    2014 Audi A4, Porsche Cayenne S, Mercedes Benz S430 4matic
    Location
    New York

    Quote Originally Posted by HWCN View Post
    I was told that Audi would not warranty my cold start up rattle because of my tune. Another known problem which Audi is using a technicality not to repair. The cold startup rattle has been there since day one!

    How does a tune have anything to do with an exhaust rattle?
    What'd I say? Bunch of Snakes...

    Threaten to Lemon law it over the sunroof, watch how fast they fix that exhaust rattle.

  14. #14
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 25 2017
    AZ Member #
    408881
    My Garage
    2010 Honda Element EX
    Location
    State College, PA

    Quote Originally Posted by AUDIMAN33 View Post
    What'd I say? Bunch of Snakes...

    Threaten to Lemon law it over the sunroof, watch how fast they fix that exhaust rattle.
    Funny thing is I never had any warranty issues with VW and my prior Golf R.
    2018 Daytona Grey Audi RS3 - Unitronic Stage 1+
    2015 Deep Black Pearl VW Golf R - Stage 1+ - SOLD
    2012 Shadow Blue VW GTI - K04 - SOLD

  15. #15
    Registered Member Four Rings AUDIMAN33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 11 2014
    AZ Member #
    138724
    My Garage
    2014 Audi A4, Porsche Cayenne S, Mercedes Benz S430 4matic
    Location
    New York

    Quote Originally Posted by HWCN View Post
    Funny thing is I never had any warranty issues with VW and my prior Golf R.
    Welcome to Audi...
    I had better experience with my Jetta


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #16
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 25 2017
    AZ Member #
    408881
    My Garage
    2010 Honda Element EX
    Location
    State College, PA

    I got my car back and the rattle appears to be corrected. Luckily, my dealership just hired a really good tech and from that aspect I feel extremely lucky!
    2018 Daytona Grey Audi RS3 - Unitronic Stage 1+
    2015 Deep Black Pearl VW Golf R - Stage 1+ - SOLD
    2012 Shadow Blue VW GTI - K04 - SOLD

  17. #17
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 25 2017
    AZ Member #
    408881
    My Garage
    2010 Honda Element EX
    Location
    State College, PA

    Quote Originally Posted by HWCN View Post
    I got my car back and the rattle appears to be corrected. Luckily, my dealership just hired a really good tech and from that aspect I feel extremely lucky!
    Probably shouldn’t have mention that it appears my Audi is fixed. Crickets. I guess the fact that it was almost two months has been forgotten!

    Vinnie you have my number. Waiting for a call.
    2018 Daytona Grey Audi RS3 - Unitronic Stage 1+
    2015 Deep Black Pearl VW Golf R - Stage 1+ - SOLD
    2012 Shadow Blue VW GTI - K04 - SOLD

  18. #18
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Dec 30 2016
    AZ Member #
    389418
    Location
    South Jersey

    Glad to hear of a positive outcome with your new Audi (For now). We almost bought a new A3 the night we dropped off our A4 for work. I just started dealing with AOA and the dealer. Your welcome to read what I posted. Its shameful the way customers are treated for what an Audi costs. I think this experience has finally convinced my wife to go with another brand. We'll see, depends on the resolution.

  19. #19
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 25 2017
    AZ Member #
    408881
    My Garage
    2010 Honda Element EX
    Location
    State College, PA

    Quote Originally Posted by Shoreaudi View Post
    Glad to hear of a positive outcome with your new Audi (For now). We almost bought a new A3 the night we dropped off our A4 for work. I just started dealing with AOA and the dealer. Your welcome to read what I posted. Its shameful the way customers are treated for what an Audi costs. I think this experience has finally convinced my wife to go with another brand. We'll see, depends on the resolution.
    Ironically, I had read your entire thread earlier today, as well as the one regarding the guy who bought the CPO Audi in which the Audi dealership missed the tune in the CPO process and Audi is now denying warranty work. I got so pissed off, I had to go ride my bike to blow of steam. What has happened to you and others is beyond belief.

    I still can't believe how aweful AOA is. I wonder if it is being driven by Germany or the AOA.

    Wish u the best. Maybe some enterprising attorney will want to initiate a class action lawsuit against all of AOA's shenanigans.
    Last edited by HWCN; 07-25-2018 at 05:19 AM.

  20. #20
    Registered Member Four Rings AUDIMAN33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 11 2014
    AZ Member #
    138724
    My Garage
    2014 Audi A4, Porsche Cayenne S, Mercedes Benz S430 4matic
    Location
    New York

    Quote Originally Posted by HWCN View Post
    Ironically, I had read your entire thread earlier today. I got so pissed off, I had to go ride my bike to blow of steam. What has happened to you is beyond belief.

    I would check with APR. I think they actually might have records of all tunes installed and when they were downloaded. I think with the right attorney, you should be able to get compensated quite well.

    I still can't believe how aweful AOA is. I wonder if it is being driven by Germany or the AOA.

    Wish u the best. Maybe some enterprising attorney will want to initiate a class action lawsuit against all of AOA's shenanigans.
    What I’d tell you guys? They’re a joke, and I know I am repeating myself but all they want to do is look up pointless vin numbers. Bunch of snakes.

    Audi’s practices are shady and unethical!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  21. #21
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 25 2017
    AZ Member #
    408881
    My Garage
    2010 Honda Element EX
    Location
    State College, PA

    Quote Originally Posted by AUDIMAN33 View Post
    What I’d tell you guys? They’re a joke, and I know I am repeating myself but all they want to do is look up pointless vin numbers. Bunch of snakes.

    Audi’s practices are shady and unethical!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My sunroof problem alone has lost Audi two potential sales. That’s just among my friend’s. Imagine what could happen if Shoreaudi’s experience gets shared via other social media. The snakes will lose their heads!

    I really feel for Shoreaudi and ZaphodBx. I’m lucky in that my dealership would make it right.

    I love my car and I have a great dealer, and despite that, AOA’s behavior has soured my whole experience. Waiting to see if the fact that my 10 month old car has spent 1/3rd of its time in the shop warrants any sort of consideration from a AOA.
    Last edited by HWCN; 07-25-2018 at 05:20 AM.
    2018 Daytona Grey Audi RS3 - Unitronic Stage 1+
    2015 Deep Black Pearl VW Golf R - Stage 1+ - SOLD
    2012 Shadow Blue VW GTI - K04 - SOLD

  22. #22
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Dec 30 2016
    AZ Member #
    389418
    Location
    South Jersey

    Thanks for the support. I have pics and will post them when I figure out how to. It's been a real eye opener on how people are treated.

  23. #23
    Senior Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Jan 25 2012
    AZ Member #
    87192
    Location
    Fort Collins, CO

    These stories really bum me out. I bought my first S4 when I was a broke kid in college and really loved the car. I always looked forward to buying a new Audi at some point in the future. Fast forward 8 years and I'm at the point where I'd consider buying a new RS3. The whole experience of buying a new Audi surely isn't what I had imagined and I've certainly taken an RS3 off my list of potential purchases because of the way Audi is treating customers.

    Hope you get yours fixed soon. I'd be livid!

  24. #24
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 25 2017
    AZ Member #
    408881
    My Garage
    2010 Honda Element EX
    Location
    State College, PA

    Vincent,

    I need a call. My last request.
    2018 Daytona Grey Audi RS3 - Unitronic Stage 1+
    2015 Deep Black Pearl VW Golf R - Stage 1+ - SOLD
    2012 Shadow Blue VW GTI - K04 - SOLD

  25. #25
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 25 2017
    AZ Member #
    408881
    My Garage
    2010 Honda Element EX
    Location
    State College, PA

    My 96 year old neighbor who still drives suggested that I buy a Prius because my car seemed to be in the shop all the time and her Prius has never been in the shop in the 15 years she has owned it.

    Audi, you’ve been burned!

    And AoA, you have just made matters worse by not even trying to make things right.
    2018 Daytona Grey Audi RS3 - Unitronic Stage 1+
    2015 Deep Black Pearl VW Golf R - Stage 1+ - SOLD
    2012 Shadow Blue VW GTI - K04 - SOLD

  26. #26
    Registered Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Jun 13 2018
    AZ Member #
    420555
    Location
    kenya

    I've been around car dealerships all my life. I've seen good service and I've seen worse. I can say with that Audi is as good as it gets. Thank you for making my experience exceptional.

  27. #27
    Registered Member Four Rings AUDIMAN33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 11 2014
    AZ Member #
    138724
    My Garage
    2014 Audi A4, Porsche Cayenne S, Mercedes Benz S430 4matic
    Location
    New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Selenahudson View Post
    I've been around car dealerships all my life. I've seen good service and I've seen worse. I can say with that Audi is as good as it gets. Thank you for making my experience exceptional.
    I’ve also been around car dealerships my whole life, and I can You from personal experience Audi is as BAD as it gets. Never have I’ve seen a car company be so unethical, and Shady. Once they have your money they could care less.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  28. #28
    Senior Member Two Rings delz05's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 16 2014
    AZ Member #
    228316
    My Garage
    2013 Volcano Red S5 Cabriolet, 93 Mustang 5.0
    Location
    Boston area

    There is good and bad with every dealership and manufacturer... I can tell you stories about Ford and their customer service that will make Audi seem virtuous!!!!
    Family comes First!.... Nice cars a close second.

    2017 SQ5 Ibis White, Black Optics P+ with Tech, Nappa, 21" wheels, Milltek exhaust, EPL Stage 2... more to come
    And for topless Summer fun... 2013 Volcano Red S5 Cabriolet Prestige, Black Optics Grill, Rear Valance, Tint, Unitronics Stage 3 with DP and TCU, IE Down Pipes... doesn't get any better!
    2018 Manhattan Grey Q5 Premium Plus with Nav, Hot & Cold packages, 20" wheels, B/O sound... wifey's new ride

  29. #29
    Registered Member Four Rings AUDIMAN33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 11 2014
    AZ Member #
    138724
    My Garage
    2014 Audi A4, Porsche Cayenne S, Mercedes Benz S430 4matic
    Location
    New York

    Quote Originally Posted by delz05 View Post
    There is good and bad with every dealership and manufacturer... I can tell you stories about Ford and their customer service that will make Audi seem virtuous!!!!
    That’s Ford. It’s expected. It’s not expected when dealing with a high end car brand. It’s disgraceful.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  30. #30
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Apr 05 2012
    AZ Member #
    91253
    Location
    Earth

    Nah, all the brands are the same. Pretending that some are better than others is lying to yourself.



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2018 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.