Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Oil feed line removal help please!

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hey guys I'm doing a turbo swap and I'm running new oil lines and I got the feed line disconnected along the left side of the head and on the other end at the banjo bolt above the oil filter but it's still not free. Is there any bolts along the back sidea of the motor? I can't see back there and I can't seem to feel where it's located. Any help would be hugely appreciated!!!! Thanks in advance!

Veteran Member Four Rings Seerlah's Avatar
    AZ Member #

There is a 10mm nut on the coolant temp sensor housing on the back of the cylinder head. DO NOT remove the stud. Only remove the 10mm nut holding the oil feed line to the stud.
    I hate it when my car acts like a little bitch, treating me like a bitch

AZ Member #

Oil feed line removal help please!

Man what turbo you tryna run now lol I know it ainít that hx30 I been asking about >:D

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

AZ Member #

Just split the package so I can buy now

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

AZ Member #

What did you want again? I just went with the k04 and fmic and exhaust at the moment and the bt holset kit would of been to much I'm to little of time. What you looking to buy and what's your offer? I got someone interested in intake mani so looking to sell turbo, turbo mani, wastegate and vband testpipe.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Seerlah View Post
    There is a 10mm nut on the coolant temp sensor housing on the back of the cylinder head. DO NOT remove the stud. Only remove the 10mm nut holding the oil feed line to the stud.
    Hey thanks seerlah, after feeling around back there for seemed like forever I found 2 10mm along the back of the head and one 14mm right at the bend where it goes into oil filter housing. I got that 14mm cracked but not removed yet. Is that the bolt you said Do not remove???......Thanks for the help!!

AZ Member #

To follow up my last reply to you I looked in my manual and I see that coolant housing is on the left side of the motor. Luckily I didn't take any stud off just a 10mm nut now do you know if I'm correct about that 14mm bolt that seems to be attached to a built in bracket on the oil line right around the corner from the banjo into oil filter housing? I had to go by feel alone but from what I see in pics of the stock oil line there seems to be a bracket. Now why it's a random 14mm is beyond me. Sound correct? Thanks again. This is my first turbo swap on my audi.

AZ Member #

Haven't had my car stock for a while and going off memory, so bear with me. If you got all the necessary nuts off and this bolt is holding you up, remove it. If it is 14mm in the area you described, most likely is block to bell housing bolt (guessing, due to bolt size and location). Should not cause any harm to remove.

Post a pic of it.

AZ Member #

Haven't had my car stock for a while and going off memory, so bear with me. If you got all the necessary nuts off and this bolt is holding you up, remove it. If it is 14mm in the area you described, most likely is block to bell housing bolt (guessing, due to bolt size and location). Should not cause any harm to remove.

Post a pic of it.
    Ok bud I will after work. It's gotta be that. I took out all the bolts along the back and left side of motor but the line waa still secured right at the bend at that corner. By feel it feels like a bracket built in to the line and it's literally right at the bend there. I'll check back in after work. Thanks again! This oil line has been a major pita! Haha.

AZ Member #

Been a long time since I removed that line, but it isn't difficult. It is the room restraint that makes this irritating.

And not sure if it is a bell housing bolt, but every bolt and nut for that line can be easily accessed. Flipping the coolant tank up givesvyou room to see and work.

AZ Member #

Been a long time since I removed that line, but it isn't difficult. It is the room restraint that makes this irritating.

And not sure if it is a bell housing bolt, but every bolt and nut for that line can be easily accessed. Flipping the coolant tank up givesvyou room to see and work.
    Hey buddy i got it after work this afternoon. Yeah it's a 14mm and I used 2 extensions and a universal and was able to get it. Hey while I have your expertise do you know where I should run the aftermarket oil line? Do I run it along the same path but don't bolt it down? Does the line itself get hot where it could hurt and of the many rubber/vac lines? Any tips on how i should run the new oil feed? Thanks seerlah!!

AZ Member #

Far from an expert, and I usually just wing things. If it isn't an oem line, or configured the same way, then just try to route it away from heat. Also try to keep it away from where heat rises.

AZ Member #

Far from an expert, and I usually just wing things. If it isn't an oem line, or configured the same way, then just try to route it away from heat. Also try to keep it away from where heat rises.
    Ok thanks bud. I'll just try to run it along the back of the motor along the top. Do you happen to know if the feed line itself gets hot? Just wondering if it's ok running near rubber hoses.

AZ Member #

Can get hot as the oil. Insulate it or just keep away from heat.