Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member Two Rings satinblack18s6's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Vossen Company Buyer Beware

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    So since the member of Audizine is taking the information i will respond in conjuction to his information. Some parts correct some parts not so much.

Ok, after the OP made 7 revisions to the original post, here is what happened. My fault on that with pictures and trying to get a clear picture for forum a member share an issue with following story and sorry i made to many revisions on a thread.

1. He purchased wheels from a Vossen dealer, not from Vossen. This is correct locally purchased.
    2. He damaged the wheels. yes on the black original set two wheels did have curb rash on the wheels when car was being parked and the wheels got refinished and corrected this is unrelated to buckled barrel on work wheels.
    3. This is a custom wheel that takes 3-6 months to get made in Japan and shipped through customs to the US Correct these wheels are not stocked.
    4. The dealer where the OP bought the wheels gave him a set of loaners. Incorrect these wheels are not loaners nor was loaner ever stated i bought the wheels hence when i had the liberty to change colors and powdercoat them red.

5. OP contacted Vossen to say he was not happy. Found out after 2 weeks and the result of this as of 4 days ago contacting vossen was not correct way to address issue, But vossen and deigo at vossen seemed more then happy to work on issue and had they stated different that day i would not even be in the level of frustration with them.

6. Now a loaner wheel from the dealer has a hairline crack, so he contacts Vossen, not the dealer. Vossen offers to replace the wheel, but the O.P says he painted the wheels and then he would have to paint another. Vossen offers to completely swap out the VFS-6 set for a new set of HF-1/2 to make him happy. Correct but i stated to vossen i did not need a different set and was just trying to solve problem at this point vossen and myself with the knowledge i bought wheels locally were still going to solve matter because of issues with two sets of wheels and i did nothing to cause the crack 3rd party company stated this was not caused by hitting anything and vossen agreed that day after looking at pictures , still at this point vossen knowing about two sets and both coming from local shop never once said they could not handle matter directly.

7. When processing the request to the dealer, the dealer is shocked and explains to Vossen the whole story and the VFS-6 wheels are the dealer's, not the customer's and loaned out to the customer. The dealer does not want them replaced and has to sort things out with the customer (OP). Yes i did get a call from dealer and he states vossen will send a new set on matter all i have to do is pay 1000 dollars and he will sort out the rest. i would return the ( loaner set that's not a loaner set ) and the work wheels since one its covered for warranty as of 3 days ago. and we all move on. The whole loaner thing i cant believe you guys even think that exist.

8. Vossen ships out the new wheel to replace the one under warranty wheel. Vossen informs the customer they are replacing the one wheel and not the entire set since he does not own the set and they are his dealers.Correct a wheels gunmetal was shipped to dealer yet incorrect about this loaner subject. Dealer has the whole set as he stated he is returning whole set to vossen and if i pay the 1000 dollars additional vossen will send any set back to me.

9. O.P becomes irate sending Vossen messages and threatening to go post on social media if Vossen dosen't send the new set. O.P expected a resolution over the weekend when it was explained Vossen needed to investigate. Vossen had no interest in investigating matter and i did state i would report the matter on outlets and vossen stated they will alert audizine which they clearly did with a senior member responding for them. No threats and of course im mad vossen was all pro work through this even the social media manager agreed with me in helping to resolve matter and i did thank him for trying. comments like work wheels are made in japan so its not vossens problem its a japan issue not them( stated from diego) will make anyone mad.

10. Before investigation is done O.P posts on IG.. then posts here. Vossen did no such thing and ignored me for 2 weeks and of course im mad and posted on an outlet and got a call in 5 mins( in good faith i removed post as diego told me he would resolve both matters) which shows they had every chance to reach out and talk or advise me on steps i needed to take communication solves all matters they decided not to use that method again yes im mad just as mad at my dealer for lying to vossen. wont be using him again thats for sure.

11. He is complaining about the first set of wheels he admitted he damaged himself and he is irate about the second set HE DOES NOT OWN. This is also between him and the dealer where the dealer has pleaded with him to sort things out and not blast Vossen as Vossen did nothing wrong. Since a dealer does not make wheels and they agreed on helping on matter i assumed i could advocate through them ignoring a customer will make matters worst which is what happened. Now on first set i did curb rash and in doing so it was repaired on the lip of the wheels and upon driving it i noticed a shake, and placed on balancer and the best wheel shop in area said the barrel buckled upon the damage. Everyone , vossen, local shop said i was on my own and i caused the barrel to buckle not warranty and not a vossen issue. i got a second set of vossens VSF-6 , not loaners that i got powder coated from gunmetal to red and the barrel cracked in hairline issue. Reached out to vossen in hopes on haw to handle issue full story disclosed to vossen nothing hidden. everything was good till five days ago when vossen decided to ignore me when things where being handled very much in a professional matter.

So, the summary is
    OP got some nice wheels, curbed them, then ordered replacements. The dealer was nice enough to give him nice loaner wheels (I've never had loaner wheels) while his new wheels are custom made. OP then damaged the loaner wheels and blames the manufacturer.[B] yes i did curb rash first set i can see how its so easy to get hung on that fact and not fact two sets of wheels had failures to them and a customer tried to resolve matter directly and now seeing that was wrong way but vossen seemed more then willing to work directly with me. and please stop and think for 1 second you really think this loaner set thing that we also keep getting hung up on really exist your a senior member you should know better. yes a custom wheels was never ordered never made according to the dealer on Tuesday vossen was gonna warranty the buckle barrel original set after ignoring me and me posting. again poor communication and this all could be avoided if we focused on the true issues.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by satinblack18s6; 07-13-2018 at 06:57 PM. Reason: response to audi member due to timing
    2018 Audi S6 White
    2018 Audi S6 Satin Black
    2018 Audi Q7
    2011 Audi A4

Veteran Member Four Rings 65vetteC6's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    V8's

This is the most difficult post to understand that I have seen in a while.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B8 S4, Orange B5 Avant

^ agreed. No idea whats going on.

I read until I got confused then skimmed.
    2011 S4 6mt Black/ Magma/ Carbon
    HRE ff01 | Rotiform ind-t | AWE Touring | P3 | Roc Euro | PLM | Eurocode Sways | Apr Stage 2 | H&R Sport | Q5 ECS Wave F/R | CR15 | AK | Eurocode Inserts | 034 subframe Inserts | Ecs Carbon Diffuser | JHM CP | ECS Short Shifter |

Veteran Member Four Rings washyourrhands's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B8.5 S4

Quote Originally Posted by tar View Post
    ^ agreed. No idea whats going on.

I read until I got confused then skimmed.
    This is exactly what I did too haha

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    2015 Audi S4
    2007 Audi RS4
    2002 Audi S4

Instagram: @washyourrhands #bodenarmy

Site Moderator Four Rings Stubek's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2007 Honda Element SC

Ok, after the OP made 7 revisions to the original post, here is what happened.
    1. He purchased wheels from a Vossen dealer, not from Vossen
    2. He damaged the wheels
    3. This is a custom wheel that takes 3-6 months to get made in Japan and shipped through customs to the US
    4. The dealer where the OP bought the wheels gave him a set of loaners
    5. OP contacted Vossen to say he was not happy
    6. Now a loaner wheel from the dealer has a hairline crack, so he contacts Vossen, not the dealer. Vossen offers to replace the wheel, but the O.P says he painted the wheels and then he would have to paint another. Vossen offers to completely swap out the VFS-6 set for a new set of HF-1/2 to make him happy.
    7. When processing the request to the dealer, the dealer is shocked and explains to Vossen the whole story and the VFS-6 wheels are the dealer's, not the customer's and loaned out to the customer. The dealer does not want them replaced and has to sort things out with the customer (OP).
    8. Vossen ships out the new wheel to replace the one under warranty wheel. Vossen informs the customer they are replacing the one wheel and not the entire set since he does not own the set and they are his dealers.
    9. O.P becomes irate sending Vossen messages and threatening to go post on social media if Vossen dosen't send the new set. O.P expected a resolution over the weekend when it was explained Vossen needed to investigate.
    10. Before investigation is done O.P posts on IG.. then posts here.
    11. He is complaining about the first set of wheels he admitted he damaged himself and he is irate about the second set HE DOES NOT OWN. This is also between him and the dealer where the dealer has pleaded with him to sort things out and not blast Vossen as Vossen did nothing wrong.

So, the summary is
    OP got some nice wheels, curbed them, then ordered replacements. The dealer was nice enough to give him nice loaner wheels (I've never had loaner wheels) while his new wheels are custom made. OP then damaged the loaner wheels and blames the manufacturer.

//thread
    Kevin - Moderator, Audizine

2011 A4 Avant Meteor Grey/Black, Titanium Package, Prem+ Nav, B&O. Euro LED Tail Lights, Tint, LED license plate lights, LED interior lights, custom sub, lots of VAG updates, Eurocode Alu Kruez, Hotchkiss F/R Swaybars

Build thread: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...ead?highlight=

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Stubek View Post
    Ok, after the OP made 7 revisions to the original post, here is what happened.
    1. He purchased wheels from a Vossen dealer, not from Vossen
    2. He damaged the wheels
    3. This is a custom wheel that takes 3-6 months to get made in Japan and shipped through customs to the US
    4. The dealer where the OP bought the wheels gave him a set of loaners
    5. OP contacted Vossen to say he was not happy
    6. Now a loaner wheel from the dealer has a hairline crack, so he contacts Vossen, not the dealer. Vossen offers to replace the wheel, but the O.P says he painted the wheels and then he would have to paint another. Vossen offers to completely swap out the VFS-6 set for a new set of HF-1/2 to make him happy.
    7. When processing the request to the dealer, the dealer is shocked and explains to Vossen the whole story and the VFS-6 wheels are the dealer's, not the customer's and loaned out to the customer. The dealer does not want them replaced and has to sort things out with the customer (OP).
    8. Vossen ships out the new wheel to replace the one under warranty wheel. Vossen informs the customer they are replacing the one wheel and not the entire set since he does not own the set and they are his dealers.
    9. O.P becomes irate sending Vossen messages and threatening to go post on social media if Vossen dosen't send the new set. O.P expected a resolution over the weekend when it was explained Vossen needed to investigate.
    10. Before investigation is done O.P posts on IG.. then posts here.
    11. He is complaining about the first set of wheels he admitted he damaged himself and he is irate about the second set HE DOES NOT OWN. This is also between him and the dealer where the dealer has pleaded with him to sort things out and not blast Vossen as Vossen did nothing wrong.

So, the summary is
    OP got some nice wheels, curbed them, then ordered replacements. The dealer was nice enough to give him nice loaner wheels (I've never had loaner wheels) while his new wheels are custom made. OP then damaged the loaner wheels and blames the manufacturer.

//thread
    I am 100% sure anyone could have come to the same conclusion from the post OP made.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

He painted wheels that werenít even his?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 Audi S4 Estoril Blue Premium Plus B&O Black Optic

AZ Member #

Incorrect information you got parts of the story wrong I made revision due to Audi zine reaching out for better clarification on matter and updated more clear information coming. But in absence of creating a post later Iíll answer some of your items directly, since I knew this was gonna happen.

2018 Audi S6 White
    2018 Audi S6 Satin Black
    2018 Audi Q7
    2011 Audi A4

AZ Member #

There you go man thanks for the input and hope i was able to answer all your questions fully and I'm sure you being the moderator ,you would like to hear both sides before making judgment But i do appreciate you taking the time to answer for vossen.
    2018 Audi S6 White
    2018 Audi S6 Satin Black
    2018 Audi Q7
    2011 Audi A4

Site Moderator Four Rings Stubek's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2007 Honda Element SC

Quote Originally Posted by satinblack18s6 View Post
    There you go man thanks for the input and hope i was able to answer all your questions fully and I'm sure you being the moderator ,you would like to hear both sides before making judgment But i do appreciate you taking the time to answer for vossen.
    Please enlighten us. There are three sides to every story and as much as I would like to get all the liars in a room together, I just put out the info I had.
    Kevin - Moderator, Audizine

2011 A4 Avant Meteor Grey/Black, Titanium Package, Prem+ Nav, B&O. Euro LED Tail Lights, Tint, LED license plate lights, LED interior lights, custom sub, lots of VAG updates, Eurocode Alu Kruez, Hotchkiss F/R Swaybars

Build thread: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...ead?highlight=

AZ Member #

No problem and appreciate your interest in matter. In the end nothing will get resolved and Iím just gonna accept. Dealer left me hanging and thrown for a major loop and got everyone in arms and turning on eachother. Thatís my take and good lesson learned from whole experience. Iíll leave it at that and Iím gonna find a new wheel company for future.

Take care @stubek

2018 Audi S6 White
    2018 Audi S6 Satin Black
    2018 Audi Q7
    2011 Audi A4

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

as above why paint wheels that was on loan?

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by visabroke View Post
    as above why paint wheels that was on loan?
    They was not a loan trust me you guys really think anyone would paint wheels not thereís come on now smh you folks on az canít be that gullible

2018 Audi S6 White
    2018 Audi S6 Satin Black
    2018 Audi Q7
    2011 Audi A4

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

This thread is so hard to follow, is there another thread that was before this with more information or something?

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by visabroke View Post
    This thread is so hard to follow, is there another thread that was before this with more information or something?

no sorry but i got text messages to validate my story that wheels was not loaner but im not gonna play into this mess vossen is a big company and see it holds alot of weight on here and how people will view me so i give up, LittleGuy 0 - Vossen and Shitty Dealer 1.
    2018 Audi S6 White
    2018 Audi S6 Satin Black
    2018 Audi Q7
    2011 Audi A4

Established Member Three Rings Chuckster's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '17 TTS & '16 Q3

The view isnít clear....hence the lack of support/sympathy/etc...
    2017 Audi TTS | 034 | APR+ | HRE | Magnaflow | MSS |
    2016 Audi Q3

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
    The view isnít clear....hence the lack of support/sympathy/etc...
    Not looking for a charity just hope no one has to experience this non sense and lack of company support. Thatís all

2018 Audi S6 White
    2018 Audi S6 Satin Black
    2018 Audi Q7
    2011 Audi A4