Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I'd be interested in hearing the xpipe with no other exhaust mods. Does anyone have any clips of theirs with that type of setup?

Active Member Two Rings mr.memeyogirl's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by m-ys4 View Post
    oh wow!

That extra tone, burble, its how it should have sounded...

Straight pipe gives you tons of drone tho no? Videos sound amazing, this is what i'll be doing!
    Yeah having a straight pipe does give you drone, for me its not too unbearable as I'm usually driving alone in my car. The drone too is more noticeable between about 1200-2000 RPM, but nothing turning up the music cant fix lol. I feel if you just want something a little more aggressive than stock, the muffler delete is a good option. Only things id recommend is making sure the shop doesn't mess up the exhaust valves and see if they can kinda "tuck them away" once unplugged. I unplugged mine, wrapped them up in tape and put them up under the bumper before i took it in. If you got any questions feel free to hit me up, Im open to discuss more in detail. Plus I know this thread is about an X Pipe so i dont wanna butt in on a different topic lol.
    2018 Audi S4 Premium Plus- Glacier White/Magma Red
    Instagram: asaptowelie (personal) corsadesignofficial (business) - Follow Me

Active Member Two Rings mr.memeyogirl's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by samwisemueller View Post
    Finally got around to making a video. In my opinion the engine just sounds... not great. The exhaust tone is muddy, the xpipe adds volume but also adds a fair amount of drone. At this point I'm working on having high flow cats installed in place of the front resonators and may end up swapping back in the stock mid section that the xpipe replaced. I think the Xpipe alone may be OK, but combined with the race pipe you can judge for yourself. I was hoping for some enhanced clarity in the exhaust note and that didn't happen with this setup. Normal revs up to the limited when in neutral or park just don't sound good. The car does open up and the sound in much better over 3500-4k rpm, but in the normal driving ranges it just isn't a great sounding engine or exhaust. TBD on if other fixes will address it. I'm honestly not a fan of the sound of any of the full systems out there either, so it may not be possible to get the sound I'm looking for with this car. Shame. Enjoy the vid anyway!

Yeah you have a a point when it comes to the exhaust note of this car. Its.. different. I wont say its "bad", it does sound deep/guttural at lower RPMs which does sound aggressive. And once you get into it, it does sound pretty good. Im glad i did go the custom route with mine, I couldnt justify spending thousands on a cat back for it to essentially be something i got done at an exhaust shop for less than $450 (including aftermarket tips). With the X Pipe, did you have a chance to test them without the JHM race pipe installed? Im curious to know if the drone is caused by the X pipe or the race pipe. thanks for the vid btw!
    2018 Audi S4 Premium Plus- Glacier White/Magma Red
    Instagram: asaptowelie (personal) corsadesignofficial (business) - Follow Me

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by samwisemueller View Post
    Finally got around to making a video. In my opinion the engine just sounds... not great. The exhaust tone is muddy, the xpipe adds volume but also adds a fair amount of drone. At this point I'm working on having high flow cats installed in place of the front resonators and may end up swapping back in the stock mid section that the xpipe replaced. I think the Xpipe alone may be OK, but combined with the race pipe you can judge for yourself. I was hoping for some enhanced clarity in the exhaust note and that didn't happen with this setup. Normal revs up to the limited when in neutral or park just don't sound good. The car does open up and the sound in much better over 3500-4k rpm, but in the normal driving ranges it just isn't a great sounding engine or exhaust. TBD on if other fixes will address it. I'm honestly not a fan of the sound of any of the full systems out there either, so it may not be possible to get the sound I'm looking for with this car. Shame. Enjoy the vid anyway!
    Sam thanks for posting up this vid Do you think if you didn't have the race pipe it would be a little more to your liking? In my opinion exhaust rev videos only paint a very small picture, full throttle and cruising at highway speeds hold more merit to the day to day drive ability. Any chance you will make a cruising and full throttle video?

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

any more videos?

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I found this video the other day. The guy was going to install a Frequency Intelligent exhaust but ran into a problem with the exhaust being designed to work with the non sport diff. Since he could not install the entire exhaust he only installed the front pipes which remove the two front silencers.

There is a stock start up at the beginning of the video and then one with the new front pipes at the 9:30 mark. He seemed really happy with how it sounded. There were some pops and burbles which sounded nice.

This may be a good alternative to additional volume without the drone that this new X pipe might bring. I wish he commented about the interior noise but didn't.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

anyone got video updates

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    18 S4, 18 Q5

This is the only other resonator delete video I've come across.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Bumping this thread. I wanted to see if anyone has a video of ONLY the xpipe installed and what it sounds like

Senior Member Three Rings MadAboutCars's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    MY16 Audi S6, MY18 Audi SQ5, MY12 Audi Q7 4.2L TDI S-line (sold)

Delete, sorry thought this was the C7/C7.5 forum.
    2016 Audi S6 - Tornado Grey, 20" 5 spoke wheels, Sports seats, Sports diff, Standard exhaust, Chrome trim, Matrix LED headlights, Sunroof, 360 camera, Head up display, Active lane/side assist with adaptive cruise control, Rear seat heating, Power assisted doors, Electric rear blind and side blinds, Homelink

Mods: Bigger shift paddles, Air filter box holes, K&N air filter, 20" x 9" ET35 matte grey RS6 wheels, Michelin PSS 255 35 20, Unitronic ECU Stage 1+ & TCU Stage 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12