Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings alhutch's Avatar
    AZ Member #

FreedomPop kicked me off?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    My MMI (3G+) connectivity died midday today. Got home to check my account on the FreedomPop website and it says I haven't activated any service (?) and wants me to validate my device and pick a plan. I've been using the SIM successfully for 2+ months now, not sure what has changed.

Anybody else having any issues?
    2013 Allroad - Volcano Red

Established Member Two Rings DrGER's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 Audi A4 Quattro 6MT, 2004 Honda CR-V EX 5MT

The FP service appears to have gone through some changes this month -- I just noticed that FP friends only contribute 5 MB of bonus data now (down from 50 MB previously), so the free LTE plan maxes out at 250 MB per month (down from 700 MB). BTW, both of my FP accounts (one in an unlocked phone, the other in our MMI) are behaving properly (albeit, with lots less 3G/LTE data than a month ago).
    2014 A4Q P+ 2.0T 6MT Monsoon Grey. Previous: 2009 A4Q P+ 2.0T 6MT Brilliant Red; 2005 A4Q 1.8T 6MT Cambridge Green; 1995 90Q V6 5MT Pearl White; 1990 80Q I5 5MT Crystal Silver; 1984 5000S I5 5MT Montego Black; 1978 5000 Helios Blue; 1977 100LS Signal Green; 1974 Fox Sahara Sand.

Established Member Two Rings alhutch's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I finally had some time to wait on hold and called FP late last week. Long story short, my account was tagged as "fraudulent" and unceremoniously terminated. I got my SIM from the discussed eBay seller, already activated with FP. I never associated a credit card with it, but the card he must have used was tagged.

I ordered a new one directly from FP, so waiting on that now. Sad to hear about the reduction in free data, but not completely surprised. Guess I'll pony up the $8/month now.
    2013 Allroad - Volcano Red