Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Thread: She's gone!

Veteran Member Four Rings ChicagosPhantom's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    03 Silver A6 2.7T factory 01E 03 Daytona RS6 05 Atlas allroad 2.7T factory 01E 02 Atlas S6

She's gone!

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I'm completely heartbroken!
    I'll let the pics tell the story....

It was a full rebuild... Brand new everything...

Broken in to a shop and set complete building on fire this early morning...

Veteran Member Three Rings cu52's Avatar
    AZ Member #

NOOOO! Sorry for your loss. Hope the shop has good insurance.
    13 Tundra SUPERCHARGED! 505 HP @ crank.
    08 Toyota Highlander Sport
    04 Audi Allroad 6MT 2.7T. Stage 3 FOR SALE

Gone:
    04 Allroad TIP - BROKEN TIP,02 Allroad MT6 2.7, 08 Toyota Sequoia, 04 Audi S4 MT6, 01 S4 Casablanca White 6MT , 04 VW GTI 5 speed, 03 A4 Avant 3.0 6 Speed, 09 Tundra Crewmax, 11 Tacoma Double Cab, 02 A4 Avant 3.0 Tip, 01.5 S4 Avant tip GIAC stage 3 minus, 00 S4 6-Speed Stage 1 APR

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

So sorry to see that. I hope insurance covers every cent and you can start anew.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Audizine mobile app

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Sorry to see. Hope the shop takes care of you.
    C5 A6 Stage 3
    MKIV Supra TT
    LX570

Veteran Member Four Rings Nollywood's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B6 Avant 420-R, Toyota Runx 1.4 16V

Jeeze. Really sorry about your loss, CP.

Hopefully your insurance, or the shop’s covers the loss, and you move onto bigger and better things.
    His:
    2003 B6 Audi A4 Avant Quattro Sport | 3.0 V6 | 6MT | Denim Blue Pearl | B6 S4 “Black Optik” Grille | Votex Kit | Black Leather - Part Out.

2012 B7 Seat Exeo ST Sport Tech | 2.0 TDI | 6MT | Phantom Black Pearl | LED DRL’s | Bi-Xenons | LED Tails | LED RNS-E | AUX / iPod Input | Black Leather | Multi-Function Steering Wheel | Rear PDC.

Hers:
    2002 Toyota Runx |1.4L DOHC 16V Auto.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    03 Silver A6 2.7T factory 01E 03 Daytona RS6 05 Atlas allroad 2.7T factory 01E 02 Atlas S6

Thanks guys.... We'll see what happens. Had to file a claim on my policy as my buddy didn't have shop insurance.

Car was 2005 6 speed with 80k on the clock.
    Just installed BW K04s, RS4 clutch, new trans and engine mounts, new adjustable control arms, rebuilt RS6 steering rack, BBK kit....all the fluids.....haven't lowered the lift to take a pic inside, I bet everything melted... RS6 cluster, B7 RS4 knob, RS6 wood trim and mostly important black S6 sport seats with alcantara inserts.
    So much money and time invested and spent on this thing. I was supposed to fire it up today, ironically as it sounds...

Veteran Member Four Rings V1nny's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Sorry to hear about this happen. What caused the fire? Is engine still good?

AZ Member #
    My Garage

That’s so sad.

From the looks of things, not that it make much difference, it looks like the heat and smoke got to the car, rather than the car actually catching fire. I’m not sure what the interior’s like, but I would say pretty much all the mechanical parts will be salvageable.

As for lowering the hoist, I doubt it would still be operational. It would have to be wound down manually.

Again, my commiserations for your loss.
    His:
    2003 B6 Audi A4 Avant Quattro Sport | 3.0 V6 | 6MT | Denim Blue Pearl | B6 S4 “Black Optik” Grille | Votex Kit | Black Leather - Part Out.

2012 B7 Seat Exeo ST Sport Tech | 2.0 TDI | 6MT | Phantom Black Pearl | LED DRL’s | Bi-Xenons | LED Tails | LED RNS-E | AUX / iPod Input | Black Leather | Multi-Function Steering Wheel | Rear PDC.

Hers:

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by V1nny View Post
    Sorry to hear about this happen. What caused the fire? Is engine still good?
    Someone broke in the shop and set the business on fire....
    People are so lame!

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    05 allroad FBP 6mt, 06 VW Passat Komfort, 08 VW Touareg V8 FSI

WOW! this is insane!

Established Member Three Rings JorisRS6's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2003 RS6

Very sad i think i have a slight idea of how much time money and thought has gone into this. Hopefully you can reuse some of the big items. Good luck with the progress.

Registered Member Three Rings alien_brain's Avatar
    AZ Member #

ouch man sorry to hear that

Veteran Member Four Rings PaperToast's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Quadzilla

what a load
    i swear ppl sometimes . . .
    however, it looks like the air springs survived, so maybe more is salvageable than it looks
    Rockin' the Rockies
    '01 allroad, 240k woot woot, still boosting on original turbos and tippy, slightly more modified. . .

Scotty@Advanced, "Push it off a cliff, when it hits the ground you should have a few thousand horsepower available for a brief second."

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagosPhantom View Post
    Someone broke in the shop and set the business on fire....
    People are so lame!
    Do they have any idea who did it? Or why???

Did the shop have security cameras?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Audizine mobile app

Veteran Member Four Rings AudiSport12's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Yikes. Sorry to see. I agree with Nolly, looks like the heat got to the car, not the car actually catching fire. Mechanicals hopefully still good!
    2003 Z71 Tahoe
    2000 B5 S4 - Sold
    2001 B5 1.8TQM F21L - Sold
    2000 B5 1.8TQM - RIP
    2000 C5 4.2Q - Sold
    1997 B5 1.8TQ - Sold

Veteran Member Three Rings BostonDriver's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Holy cr@p! That is awful! I am so sorry to see that! Hopefully you can salvage some of the build, but sucks to be so close to being on the road and having that happen!

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    08 A4 Avant, 05 Silver S4 2.7t swap

Damn Marko, that truly sucks! Sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Thanks folks, really appreciate all the support!

I'm just in disbelief and huge part of me died with that car. It's going to be hard finding a replacement for it. I was looking for the right car for almost two years and this one popped 8 miles from my house, bought it with 70k miles in 2015, 3 months after my son was born and I paid top dollar, $11k, for it.

I was literally toring and cleaning every single part of it. Pictures don't do the justice, I climbed ladder to see inside, windshield exploded from heat, steering wheel leather pealed, couldn't see the dash very well, looks like seats survived, but not sure yet. Engine compartment was on fire, ECU box melted, I've just installed metal allroad throttle body and bipipes hopefully those survivedand, hood grille completely melted, all airsprings deflated, wheel liners are melted and much more.

Unfortunately my buddies partner cancelled shop insurance without telling my buddy, so shop didn't have insurance since May this year. I've opened a claim on my policy, we'll see how it goes. I'm afraid that if they pay they won't let me buy her back, it would be a hazardous loss...

Someone broke in and set the shop on fire,they were not in to steal anything, because nothing is missing, took 2 PCs thinking they're recording surveillance on it, however surveillance had it's own DVR box that magically survived, yet to pull data from it. There was other allroad outside, my buddies car, with broken air suspension, was sitting on bump stops, flex pipes were completely broken and they stole that car and it's yet to be recovered.

We think owner of the building did it as a insurance scam so he can put that building down and put new residential one up so he can get more money out of it... IDK.... It's just stupid, I'm sorry for my friend too, he's an amazing guy, that's his main source of income, he was feeding family with it, all his tools burned to the ground and he's out of business now...

AZ Member #

Wow absolutely terrible.
    80 rabbit pickup, 98 TJ 4bt cummins, 00 180TTQ 6spd, 02 Freelander, 03 Allroad 2.7t 6spd swap now with K04s, 06 A3 2.0T w/GT3071R (2012 JSW TDI and 2015 GSW TDI now in TDI purgatory )

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Managed to save and dig out front calipers and rotors for now. I think SPC adjustables didn't survive.
    So close, so close... It would've been a brand new car, just ton better....

Veteran Member Three Rings cu52's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I am sure you know all this already, but some suggestions I have to maximize your payout:

Start assembling all of your paperwork that you have for all parts purchased / installed, start pricing comparable allroads for sale with those miles (upgrades or not).
    Get into the copart and IAAAI auctions and see what they are selling for as salvage value for buyback reasons (if they allow) screen shot sale prices!
    Take a crap load of pictures before anything is removed or it is lowered for documentation.

When my B5 S4 was totaled. I had it towed to my house rather than a junk yard (stuff goes missing). Then I could evaluate what was damaged and not and prevent theft and damage from the elements, other cars etc.

Contact Audi for the X of X that were made. Can make a big difference in payout if it is on the rare side, My S4 was 1 of 86.

I also have too many allroads right now. Will PM you if you might be interested in 1 of them.
    13 Tundra SUPERCHARGED! 505 HP @ crank.
    08 Toyota Highlander Sport
    04 Audi Allroad 6MT 2.7T. Stage 3 FOR SALE

Gone:
    04 Allroad TIP - BROKEN TIP,02 Allroad MT6 2.7, 08 Toyota Sequoia, 04 Audi S4 MT6, 01 S4 Casablanca White 6MT , 04 VW GTI 5 speed, 03 A4 Avant 3.0 6 Speed, 09 Tundra Crewmax, 11 Tacoma Double Cab, 02 A4 Avant 3.0 Tip, 01.5 S4 Avant tip GIAC stage 3 minus, 00 S4 6-Speed Stage 1 APR

Established Member Two Rings Grainreaper's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Christ,words cannot explain... I had a 2002 bug eye wrx, 505hp at the wheels, 2.5 block, ported heads, GT35R turbo, sti Trans and diff, brembos... beautiful flawless car, got reared ed by a girl texting and doing 70, I wasn't moving. Cargo totaled, engine was spit out the front of the car... a big part of me died with that car. Years of blood, sweat, money, fabrication... gone in an instant. I'm lucky to be alive, but I still miss that car and it's been 10 years

AZ Member #

damn bro, that blows.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Has data managed to be pulled from the surviving DVR box yet?
    His:

Hers:

Bastards ! Hope it works out in the end for you and your friend.