Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Thread: Suspesion talk

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Suspesion talk

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Getting my list together for doing the suspension on the car obviously. Debating what all i should add on the order before getting into the job, looking at H&R Street Performance Coilovers, Meyle complete control arm kit for front, and thinking about adding in the ECS rear diff. mount and carrier bushings. I have all this on a cart with ECS while id rather not use them due to just bullshit experiences every other time i buy with them id sooner find stuff other places but id prefer to buy it all at once from one website. I have the Meyle kit on europa parts but appears they dont have H&R coils there or a rear diff mount. So open to other options.
    2008 DTM RS4

Instagram--@tjbradney

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Maybe get a hardware kit for the control arms? Or a strut mount rebuild kit? Also I recommend getting the Meyle kit from FCP euro because of the lifetime warranty. They also sell each arm individually so you can replace a single one if you want when they go bad. I just bought a kit from them for my front end rebuild. I'm waiting on getting some KW V3.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2006 B7 S4 Avant MT6 - Sprint Blue
    &
    2001 C5 A6 Avant Tip
    PES G2 S/C, Snow Performance S3 W/M Kit, 034 Custom Tune, H&R Street Coilovers, Stern Adjustable UCA's,
    APR Catback, H&R Rear Sway Bar, RS4 Engine Mounts, Carbon Trim
    https://wheelwell.com/profile/554997...fdaa10/garage/

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by gholdoian View Post
    Maybe get a hardware kit for the control arms? Or a strut mount rebuild kit? Also I recommend getting the Meyle kit from FCP euro because of the lifetime warranty. They also sell each arm individually so you can replace a single one if you want when they go bad. I just bought a kit from them for my front end rebuild. I'm waiting on getting some KW V3.

Website shows Meyle kit coming with all hardware needed. saying strut mount rebuild kit all ive found is the top bushing. but also meyle has a 4 year warranty on the control arms car gets driven maybe 1 week a month im not stressed over that. but i plan to call them tomorrow see if they can get hr coils if not ill have to go with two separate sites
    2008 DTM RS4

Instagram--@tjbradney

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Maybe a swaybar or sway bar bushings? Also I was planning on doing engine and transmission mounts as the labor isnt that much more to change out while doing suspension work.

2006 B7 S4 Avant MT6 - Sprint Blue
    &
    2001 C5 A6 Avant Tip
    PES G2 S/C, Snow Performance S3 W/M Kit, 034 Custom Tune, H&R Street Coilovers, Stern Adjustable UCA's,
    APR Catback, H&R Rear Sway Bar, RS4 Engine Mounts, Carbon Trim
    https://wheelwell.com/profile/554997...fdaa10/garage/

AZ Member #

Yeah may look into the sway bar bushings. Motor mounts and trans mount were done with the swap so they are new.
    2008 DTM RS4

Instagram--@tjbradney

Veteran Member Four Rings Mr.Wrong's Avatar
    AZ Member #

My suspension parts list looks like this:
    KW V3 coilovers
    Hotchkis RS4 sway bar set(front&rear)
    034MS endlinks(front&rear)
    034MS zerogap snub mount bracket
    Apikol snub mount
    034MS MS motor mounts
    034MS MS transmission mount
    Apikol race diff. mount
    034MS rear diff. carrier mount insert
    034MS adjustable rear UCAs
    Stern adjustable front UCAs
    034MS HD control arms
    034MS billet subframe bushings
    034MS HD upper strut mounts
    2005 AUDI //S4 B6 6MT Atlas Gray 1/5 - Project Atlas Build Thread
    Forget the B8, keep the V8!
    Buying a used B6/7 S4 is like playing Russian roulette...

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

I have the Meyle kit, snub mounts, trans mounts, and motor mounts with the Vogtland coilovers. All great, except the coilovers. Personally, I don't care for the coilovers much. Still, if you do want lower, I see no point in paying more for coilovers vs springs. Just get the springs. The coilover will only go even lower than the springs. Any more than the springs and you are so low that the car is undriveable without crossing your fingers. Now, if someone made a set of coilovers that went from +.75 for winter to -1.0 for summer, that would be worth having. If the Vogtlands didn't run out of rear adjustment WAY too quick, they almost might... The problem with all of this stuff is that if you decide you don't like at least an inch of drop, you're basically stuck.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wrong View Post
    My suspension parts list looks like this:
    KW V3 coilovers
    Hotchkis RS4 sway bar set(front&rear)
    034MS endlinks(front&rear)
    034MS zerogap snub mount bracket
    Apikol snub mount
    034MS MS motor mounts
    034MS MS transmission mount
    Apikol race diff. mount
    034MS rear diff. carrier mount insert
    034MS adjustable rear UCAs
    Stern adjustable front UCAs
    034MS HD control arms
    034MS billet subframe bushings
    034MS HD upper strut mounts
    This

Also...is there a discussion about B7 chassis setup?? Iím curious about optimizing ride height for road handling...AutoX type suspension but want to enjoy on my daily so street spring rates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmh1 View Post
    I have the Meyle kit, snub mounts, trans mounts, and motor mounts with the Vogtland coilovers. All great, except the coilovers. Personally, I don't care for the coilovers much. Still, if you do want lower, I see no point in paying more for coilovers vs springs. Just get the springs. The coilover will only go even lower than the springs. Any more than the springs and you are so low that the car is undriveable without crossing your fingers. Now, if someone made a set of coilovers that went from +.75 for winter to -1.0 for summer, that would be worth having. If the Vogtlands didn't run out of rear adjustment WAY too quick, they almost might... The problem with all of this stuff is that if you decide you don't like at least an inch of drop, you're basically stuck.
    Car is only driven in the summer so not to worried about bad weather with being "low" but coming from the my Mkv rabbit which was on air ride nothing will be as low as that lol. glad to see i got some response for coilovers though almost looked into them.
    2008 DTM RS4

Instagram--@tjbradney

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by tjbradney View Post
    Car is only driven in the summer so not to worried about bad weather with being "low" but coming from the my Mkv rabbit which was on air ride nothing will be as low as that lol. glad to see i got some response for coilovers though almost looked into them.
    Well, with air you can jack it up. But I assume with an RS4 motor in the car, performance is probably a bigger concern than appearance. Not to mention damage. I nearly sustained serious damage within two weeks of having my S4 because it sat as low as it did... 2.5" of ground clearance is an invitation to wreck lots of expensive stuff. Not worth it. Some of the coilovers are great. Stasis are supposedly great. But the Vogtlands are a bit underdamped IMO, even for freeway driving. There are a few good older threads on sport suspension setups, if that's the direction you're looking to go.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmh1 View Post
    Well, with air you can jack it up. But I assume with an RS4 motor in the car, performance is probably a bigger concern than appearance. Not to mention damage. I nearly sustained serious damage within two weeks of having my S4 because it sat as low as it did... 2.5" of ground clearance is an invitation to wreck lots of expensive stuff. Not worth it. Some of the coilovers are probably just fine, like the ones with adjustable damping. The Vogtlands which are still about $900 for the set are a bit underdamped IMO, even for freeway driving. There are a few good older threads on sport suspension setups, if that's the direction you're looking to go.
    I donít think I aired that car up for a thing . But yeah Iím planning to go with hr sport coilovers talked to a dealer and got a nice deal just to actually buy them but yeah itís a more performance style build since itíll end up turboed in the coming years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2008 DTM RS4

Instagram--@tjbradney

Established Member Two Rings OlDirtyBroox's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2000 Honda Civic SI

Finally got around to adding some of those nifty b7 cupholders IMG_6172.JPGIMG_6179.JPGIMG_6182.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Established Member Two Rings OlDirtyBroox's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2000 Honda Civic SI

Quote Originally Posted by OlDirtyBroox View Post
    Finally got around to adding some of those nifty b7 cupholders IMG_6172.JPGIMG_6179.JPGIMG_6182.JPG

Wrong section, my bad