Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Newbie needs help

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hi ladies and gents,

Apologies if this is done before.

I am new to the scene and I am based in the UK and just want to gather some latest feedback from anyone that have used the sound deadening sheets on their s5 with the awe track cat back set up to counter the common drone and what is their feedback.

I am torn between awe track and custom.... I am not sure if they can get near to the result I want even I show them the videos and photos.

I am aware tag Motorsport is doing an offer on the awe touring which is very interesting but unsure what regulation I needs to be aware of in order to receive the good.

Any opinions will be much appreciated,

Many thanks,
    Ed

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

I have the AWE Touring and it's fantastic with essentially no / very very minimal drone. Almost everyone seems to agree the Track is way too loud...I'd seriously consider the Touring. Not sure what regulations you speak of.

Established Member Two Rings wam22's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I have the track and I had two of the touring resonators installed because it was too loud. I would recommend the touring if you want a hassle free experience. If you have the opportunity to install two good resonators on the track, I would go for it.
    B9 S5 Coupe l Daytona Gray with Magma Red Nappa Leather
    AWE Custom Track Exhaust l DTUK Tuning Box l Hartmann Wheels l 034 Rear Sway Bar l 034 Front Strut Brace l K&N Cold Air Intake l EMD RS Grille
    Past: B8 A5 with APR Stage 1 Tune
    Former Audi Sales/Current BMW Sales

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by SD Nardo View Post
    I have the AWE Touring and it's fantastic with essentially no / very very minimal drone. Almost everyone seems to agree the Track is way too loud...I'd seriously consider the Touring. Not sure what regulations you speak of.
    Thanks for your advice, in terms of regulations as I am based in the UK and I am not sure how import tax and any other hidden fees it might be involved, as i said above TagMotorsport is currently doing an offer in the US and I am thinking about it.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by wam22 View Post
    I have the track and I had two of the touring resonators installed because it was too loud. I would recommend the touring if you want a hassle free experience. If you have the opportunity to install two good resonators on the track, I would go for it.
    Cheers for this, this is where I am struggling some people said is loud some think is ok plus the drone on the track is very common and I have read through people using sound deadening pads to counter this issue.