Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Brand New 2018 a4 in the shop

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I recently bought a 2018 a4 brand new and unfortunately the new car experience has not been smooth. The car currently has under 570 miles on it. It has had an issue with the brake pedal since the day I took delivery. The brake booster was going to be replaced by my dealer. (which should be a 1-2 day thing) However, they noticed another broken piece when going to install a new brake booster. A replacement part was then ordered from Germany, as none were available in the US. The car has been in the shop for 11 at this point, pending the parts' arrival. It will be 2 weeks on Monday. I am extremely disappointed in the quality control at Audi allowing the car to leave the factory like this. It does not give me much faith in Audi and the future reliability of my car.

Luckily my dealer has been helpful and I am thankful that everything was covered by warranty and a loaner car was given to me, but I am still upset that I had to go through this hassle and waiting game with a brand new car. Not sure what to do at this point.

Has anyone been through a similar experience?
    Maybe I can get my Audi connect trial extended since I havenít been able to use it? I feel I should at least get the 2 weeks back that I couldn't use google earth/ virtual cockpit.

Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by RemixSkillz View Post
    I recently bought a 2018 a4 brand new and unfortunately the new car experience has not been smooth. The car currently has under 570 miles on it. It has had an issue with the brake pedal since the day I took delivery. The brake booster was going to be replaced by my dealer. (which should be a 1-2 day thing) However, they noticed another broken piece when going to install a new brake booster. A replacement part was then ordered from Germany, as none were available in the US. The car has been in the shop for 11 at this point, pending the parts' arrival. It will be 2 weeks on Monday. I am extremely disappointed in the quality control at Audi allowing the car to leave the factory like this. It does not give me much faith in Audi and the future reliability of my car.

Luckily my dealer has been helpful and I am thankful that everything was covered by warranty and a loaner car was given to me, but I am still upset that I had to go through this hassle and waiting game with a brand new car. Not sure what to do at this point.

Has anyone been through a similar experience?
    Maybe I can get my Audi connect trial extended since I havenít been able to use it? I feel I should at least get the 2 weeks back that I couldn't use google earth/ virtual cockpit.
    Good morning,

We're so sorry to learn about this experience especially with it occurring so early into your ownership experience. I'm glad to hear that your dealership has been involved and engaged, but I'd like the opportunity to further review to determine if there are any additional opportunities to restore some faith in your brand new A4 and the Audi brand. Can you send me a private message with your VIN and other contact information? I look forward to hearing from you, and hope you have a great day.
    Vincenzo F.

Audi Social Community Manager

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Pm sent