Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Thread: Coilover Review

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Coilover Review

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Looking at some feedback on upgrading my ST suspension coilovers on my c5 4.2. The ST suspensions coilovers are starting to show their age after 3yr of use. I'm looking at getting a set with dampening adjustment. Biggest complaint of the ST the felt under dampered for the 4.2. Looking at nice set for the street that performs well on a canyon run/light track day. From the list below can anyone chime in..

1.BC Racing coilovers BR or DS series
    2.Bilstein B14 Coilover Suspension Kit
    3. KW V2 Series Coilover Kit

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Either 2 or 3. Skip cheap stuff. Many will tell you how they're on max setting they're arrived at progressively on their BCs and still feel underdampened - sign of that needle valve wearing out quickly.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

KW v2 are probably over the Bilstein's. Too bad the KW v2 don't have an adjustable body to adjust ride height without affecting the pre-load on the coilovers. One feature that had me looking at the BC racing set.