Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

C6.5 Electrical Issues

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    So this morning my 2009 A6 wouldn't turn over. I gave it a second and tried to start it again. It started, but it instantly showed the 'EPC' light and the 4k RPM warning. I turned it off and back on and the 'EPC' light turned off, but the 4k warning was still on. I read a bunch of threads on the issue and was hoping it's one of the minor one's. I'm now not so sure due to it not trying to turn over at all. I have power to everything, but as soon as I try to start it it turns everything off. I don't get a single noise at all when I try to start it either. It also is difficult to remove my key. I had this issue before on my 2011 Subaru Legacy, but it went away in the same day. Any ideas? This will also be used to update the issue as it will be towed to a local Audi dealership tomorrow morning.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by lazerghost; 07-04-2018 at 06:25 PM.

Established Member Two Rings juniorcruzer's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2007 Suburban

When was the battery last replaced? Sounds similar to a dead battery issue I had on my suburban last fall.

Jon
    2010 S4 3.0T, chipwerks stage I
    2010 A6 3.0T, APR Stage 2+, Roc Euro Intake, VMR V710 18x9.5 HyperSilver, 30% tint, A3 clear marker lights, LED Reverse lights, RS6 Grill

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by juniorcruzer View Post
    When was the battery last replaced? Sounds similar to a dead battery issue I had on my suburban last fall.

Jon
    I'm honestly not sure, but I do remember seeing just a little corrosion on the negative terminal. I really hope it's just a battery honestly. I hope I'm overreacting like always.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Two Rings
    AZ Member #

C6.5 Electrical Issues

Taking the car to a quality shop is the easiest (as you did), if you want to try it yourself scanning the car with vcds/similar may help a ton.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Bestiale - incredible quality tuning and full service for Audi, Porsche, VW and Bentley backed with 101 year labor warranty
    8651 Washington blvd., Culver City, CA 90232
    562-448-2599, Grigor@bestiale.net, www.bestiale.net