Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

View Poll Results: Which Carbon Fiber intake for your RS5?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arma Speed

1 7.69%
  • Eventuri

10 76.92%
  • GruppeM

0 0%
  • Other

2 15.38%
    Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Carbon Fiber Intake RS5

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hello,

Which of these carbon fiber intakes would you all choose from?

Armaspeed $1400

Eventuri $2600

GruppeM $2300

Established Member Two Rings ffearless's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2007 Tundra, 2017 RDX

They all cost more than I am willing to pay for for an insignificant performance bump.
    2014 Estoril Blue RS5, loaded, 034 Motorsport X-Brace and rear anti sway bar, CR-15 strut tower brace, Ecstuning transmission and differential inserts, carbon fiber mirror housings, LED backup lights, VAG COMM mods, mid-resonator delete, true dual exhaust

Veteran Member Four Rings Beast's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I have the Eventuri intake, but I found a good deal on a lightly used one so all I did was buy new filters. I wouldn't pay anything over 1500 on an intake lol
    19' C63S Coupe //AMG | Magno Graphite | Carbon Optics | Aero

Past: 2015 Audi []RS5 | 2012 Audi A5

IG @RS5z

Established Member Four Rings Ape Factory's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    RS5/Infiniti QX70S stormtrooper/Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 10th Anniversary

You left out the ECS Tuning intake.

2013 Audi RS5 Misano Red, 20x10 Klassen ID M10/JHM Stage 1 ECU Tune/AWE Tuning Touring Exhaust/Eventuri Intake/Bilstein PSS10/H&R Sways/STERN Upper Control Arms/CR-15 reinforcement bar/ECS Stainless Steel Brake Lines/Apikol Rear Diff Bushing/ECS rear diff inserts/ECS front end links/034 Motorsports subframe inserts/034 Rear End Links/Tranny insert/E-code head & tail lights/Black Lip Spoiler, Red Trim Start Button, black emblems/VCDS.

Established Member Two Rings jay_c09's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 Audi RS5, 2013 Infiniti JX35

Gonna say Eventuri because i have one, hehe. I chose this one over the others because of the design of the air filters and I must say I noticed a big difference over stock. The price was definitely tough to justify but I couldnít find a used one at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    2013 Suzuka Grey RS5: Eventuri CF Intake, Capristo Exhaust with Non-Res Center Section, AWE Downpipes, VelocityAP Stage 1 Tune, KW HAS Kit, ECS 2-Piece Tru Float Rotors, EBC RedStuff Pads, Vossen 20x10.5" VFS-6.
    IG: LAUDI_RS5

Veteran Member Four Rings JamesRS5's Avatar
    AZ Member #

If I was in the market for an intake and spending that amount of money, Iíd buy the one that was proven to perform the best with hard evidence from dynoís.
    I accept a Stage II tuned S5 is quicker than an RS5
    Doug convinced me
    He's also the reason I don't come here much

Senior Member Three Rings boostinfd's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 RS5

I'm going to make my own... soon. I'll post pics once done. Shouldn't cost more than 300. All those fancy ones are too expensive and barely give any HP over the stock one.
    2013 Audi RS5 <-- For Sale Link
    2016 Audi A5 <-- For Sale Link

Veteran Member Four Rings JamesRS5's Avatar
    AZ Member #

21HP isnít really ďbarelyĒ . For a naturally aspirated engine, itís a healthy and more importantly, noticeable gain.

Looking forward to seeing your home made version, it was done several years ago by an owner in Australia who I think went by the name Marz. He used some flexible hose and two can style filter housings, not sure on his results as he was also running a supercharger so needed to improve on the factory breathing.
    Are you going to dyno yours to see the results?
    I accept a Stage II tuned S5 is quicker than an RS5
    Doug convinced me
    He's also the reason I don't come here much

Veteran Member Four Rings chrissurfr's Avatar
    AZ Member #

eventuri is the only one with actual proven gains...
    2017 Cement Grey TRD Pro 4runner
    2014 Suzuka Grey RS5 >:)
    • Lots of black satin wrapped stuff
    • AWE Track Exhaust with center muffler straight piped
    • H&R Street Coilovers
    • BBS CH R - Titanium finish
    • eCode headlights
    • funky floormats
    • Eventuri intake
    • Carbon fiber seat trim
    • Carbon fiber dash trim

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by JamesRS5 View Post
    21HP isnít really ďbarelyĒ . For a naturally aspirated engine, itís a healthy and more importantly, noticeable gain.

Looking forward to seeing your home made version, it was done several years ago by an owner in Australia who I think went by the name Marz. He used some flexible hose and two can style filter housings, not sure on his results as he was also running a supercharger so needed to improve on the factory breathing.
    Are you going to dyno yours to see the results?
    And that was with the old filters too. Not the new ones...

AZ Member #
    My Garage

I really need to go run mine on the dyno vs. the stock airbox. I probably won't do this til fall. I'm waiting for a new dyno to come online about a mile from my house and I want to not only test the Eventuri but pre and post carbon cleaning as well. I have the new Eventuri filters too. If JHM would get the RS5 tune done, it could be a really interesting dyno marathon.
    2013 Audi RS5 Misano Red, 20x10 Klassen ID M10/JHM Stage 1 ECU Tune/AWE Tuning Touring Exhaust/Eventuri Intake/Bilstein PSS10/H&R Sways/STERN Upper Control Arms/CR-15 reinforcement bar/ECS Stainless Steel Brake Lines/Apikol Rear Diff Bushing/ECS rear diff inserts/ECS front end links/034 Motorsports subframe inserts/034 Rear End Links/Tranny insert/E-code head & tail lights/Black Lip Spoiler, Red Trim Start Button, black emblems/VCDS.

Established Member Two Rings NVMarkus's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    SQ5

Quote Originally Posted by Ape Factory View Post
    I really need to go run mine on the dyno vs. the stock airbox. I probably won't do this til fall. I'm waiting for a new dyno to come online about a mile from my house and I want to not only test the Eventuri but pre and post carbon cleaning as well. I have the new Eventuri filters too. If JHM would get the RS5 tune done, it could be a really interesting dyno marathon.
    Is that tune ever really going to happen? I feel like they have been saying sometime soon since 2013 lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Man I hope so. No dyno data from Velocity and VF Ngineering has one too but again no concrete evidence of performance gains.

Established Member Two Rings NVMarkus's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    SQ5

I donít do the butt dyno proof, I had talked to some of the companies, and asked if they guarantee their product. Like if I dyno, install then dyno again and there are no gains they would take it back. Neither would give $ back, said it would be used at that point

Active Member Two Rings audiericus's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    15 RS5, 15 A4 S-Line

Just got in my armaspeed intake today, ill post some updates regarding performance gains and pics.