Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran Member Four Rings nefkntym's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    a bunch of tools

Thinking about a TTRS

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I am thinking about a TTRS, 2018 model, I have been lusting after them for many years. Here's the rub, I have never had the opportunity to see one up close, even the older version, much less touch one. They are not an easily found vehicle in Colorado. I possibly have the opportunity, to have one transferred dealer to dealer from out of state. I would be giving up my stage 3 S6, bringing it to stock and trading it, to make this happen. Is there anyone one here that has experience with the new TTRS' and the C7.5 S6's. I love my S6 but I miss having a smaller car at times and I have loved the I-5 for many years. Any thoughts, advice either way would be greatly appreciated. I have my SQ5 that I drive mostly right now anyway, I still have my old wagon and my wife has an S5 SB. Having said that, I am covered on other modes of transportation, but to start blindly start turning wrenches on my car for one that I have never seen, touched or driven is a big ask.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by nefkntym; 07-03-2018 at 07:58 AM.
    2018 TTRS Nardo Grey | Sports Exhaust | Dynamic Plus Package | Design Selection Interior | Carbon Inlays | Tech Package | Black Optic
    2018 SQ5 Prestige Azores Green
    2018 S5 SB Navarra Blue/Magma
    2003 A4 Avant Polar White | 2.7T swapped

Senior Member Three Rings Trent212's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I have a TT RS, and I wanted an s6 to do the stage 3 set up on. But I am glad I went with the TT. It is like a go kart on crack.

With a little tune it's low 11s then high 10 with tires.

The interior is amazing, the seats are comfortable, and it has space in the trunk for a pretty good bit of junk. The sound is great, and de catt'd I'd say it would sound even better.

Veteran Member Four Rings VeryBadman's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2017 BMW X1

Make a trip to California and I will be happy to show mine to you :)

I think what you can do is that going to have fun in Vegas and make a swing to Iroz, Iím more than positive that you should find some TTRS there.
    2018 Audi TTRS, Daytona Grey: Iroz/CC Stage 2 ECU & TCU, IE Intake, HFC Downpipe by Brink, Milltek HFC Midpipes, Iroz Intercooler and DSG Catch Can, Technology, Black Optic, Sport Exhaust, Blackout Badges, Pedalbox, H&R Springs and Spacers, Direct TPMS
    Other: 2017 BMW X1
    Throwbacks: 2014 Audi RS7, 2013 Audi S6, 2011 Audi S4, 2008 Audi A4

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Make a trip to NJ and I'll sell you mine.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Best transportation decision I have ever made

Love love love

Practical ...daily ...Iím in South Dakota ...drive everyday in all our blizzards etc when others stayed home or gabbed trucks ...with winter tires ...

This week did plumbing at daughters house ...we to home supply house and I can fit 10 ft pieces of copper pipe in car with back seats down ...not kidding

Yesterday daughter wanted a new air conditioner ...Iím like no problem ...popped hatch in no problem

Made the trek to Iroz in Vegas awhile ago ...16 hours one way

The best decision I made after getting car

700 hp ...at the wheels ....

wife driving it back to Iroz for further updates this fri

Could potentiallly swing near you on way home on 15 ish July

This was week and a half ago ...

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...76798355784143

Joe Amo

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Our 2018 TT RS with Iroz Xona rotor kit ...on complete OEM engine ....

Almost twice as quick ...as stock

100-200 km/h from 9.07 s to 4.86 s

60-130 mph from 10.55 to 5.6 s

Quarter mile down to 9.9 143 + mph

And these are on Iroz and Custom-Code tunes that are evolving daily ...

On stock air intake ...

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    a bunch of tools

Thanks for the comments so far! It is nice to get some insight from owners. I still keep hoping one pops up and becomes available to check out so I can have some basis for comparison.

Trent, what was the deciding factor that made choose the TTRS direction over the S6. I realize this is comparing apples to watermelons, but I am just curious since it is relavent to me. I saw the pictures you posted up awhile back of yours. Love it. I had 2000 S4 back in the day in Nogaro, never got tired of that color.
    2018 TTRS Nardo Grey | Sports Exhaust | Dynamic Plus Package | Design Selection Interior | Carbon Inlays | Tech Package | Black Optic

Veteran Member Four Rings sciblades's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by nefkntym View Post
    Thanks for the comments so far! It is nice to get some insight from owners. I still keep hoping one pops up and becomes available to check out so I can have some basis for comparison.

Trent, what was the deciding factor that made choose the TTRS direction over the S6. I realize this is comparing apples to watermelons, but I am just curious since it is relavent to me. I saw the pictures you posted up awhile back of yours. Love it. I had 2000 S4 back in the day in Nogaro, never got tired of that color.

I switched from a RS7 and Had a stg3 S6 before that, at the end of the day the 4.0tt is a great engine if you never want to go faster then 10 sec car, i wanted something that was faster and easier to track i was braking axles i think i broke 5 or 6 and was sick of paying money to go the same speed and having such a heavy car at track days.

the TTRS is a great car but also has it flaws
    -no memory seats
    -no auto high beams
    -no lane assist
    -no accident avoidence
    -no back seat (unless you have a fru fru dog)

I have a Q7 (stg2 dual pulley) as my daily and really just use the TTRS when i race or want to go out somewhere nicer. the engine is great when you are on it but if you are coming form a high horse power car it will feel a bit laggy down low pre tune (my rs7 had 715hp)
    2016 RS7 Stinger VIP laser and radar, Unitronic Stage1+
    Gone
    2013 C7 S6- v1 and LI- Unitronic tuned]
    B8 S4
    06 a3 Full Votex Kit, Unitronic III, apr tbe, precision 750 FMIC, apr HPFP forge dvi, EVOMS cai, BSH gt3076r turbo kit, IE rods, sb stage IV, LSD, on meth

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I just upgraded from a 2008 MX-5 Miata to a 2018 TTRS so my perspective will be somewhat different. I went TTRS (and I had to have mine brought from out of state also - there are only 550 TTRS cars for 2018) because, for me, it is very nearly the perfect sports car daily. It's just so usable in terms of configuration and comfort while also being seriously fast and capable. And it certainly doesn't hurt that it looks great and sounds amazing in the process! I also like the fact that it is a short wheelbase, fairly light-weight car but still feels refined and very solid. Compared to my previous MX-5 it feels like it is carved from a single block of metal instead of being many different parts put together and I think that is one of the benefits of being MQB based.

I have no experience with other Audi products so I can't speak to that but it certainly hits the sweet spot for me in terms of being the "Goldilocks" car (not too hot, not too cold but juuuust right!). If there's a fly in the ointment it is the default transmission programming which wants to get to the highest gear as soon as possible and favors smoother, slower shifts in "D" mode rather than crisp, responsive shifts that you might expect from a car with such sporting intent. I get around this by shifting myself via the paddles or making sure I drop the transmission lever into "S" if I am letting the car shift for itself.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    a bunch of tools

Quote Originally Posted by sciblades View Post
    I switched from a RS7 and Had a stg3 S6 before that, at the end of the day the 4.0tt is a great engine if you never want to go faster then 10 sec car, i wanted something that was faster and easier to track i was braking axles i think i broke 5 or 6 and was sick of paying money to go the same speed and having such a heavy car at track days.

the TTRS is a great car but also has it flaws
    -no memory seats
    -no auto high beams
    -no lane assist
    -no accident avoidence
    -no back seat (unless you have a fru fru dog)

I have a Q7 (stg2 dual pulley) as my daily and really just use the TTRS when i race or want to go out somewhere nicer. the engine is great when you are on it but if you are coming form a high horse power car it will feel a bit laggy down low pre tune (my rs7 had 715hp)
    Thanks for that. I have followed your story for awhile, I guess not well enough because I didn't know you parted ways with the RS7. I thought about making the jump to an RS7 3 times before installing all the stage 3 stuff to my S6. Just chose not to do it. So now in addition to liking the idea of something smaller, I really love the idea of doing more with less. I just priced out an 850 turbo kit, fuel pump, intercooler and tune @ Iroz a few minutes ago. All of that was cheaper than just the exhaust and intake on my S6. That doesn't get into the turbos, intercooler/HX, suspension stuff, and tunes. Having had a stage 3 S6 and an RS7, you know how much this stuff costs. This is kind of amazing!

So aside from times at the track, just regular driving. How does it compare? Off the top, I know S6/RS7 will be more comfortable because of the Air suspension. All the stuff you listed above plus the Air, my SQ5 has and more than my S6. I am not too worried about what I will be missing. I know it can be a complete track weapon, but other than that compared to an S6/RS7 will I hate driving it? I don't mind a little lag, I plan on flashing right away when/if it happens.
    Last edited by nefkntym; 07-10-2018 at 01:43 PM.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    a bunch of tools

Quote Originally Posted by MattRG View Post
    I just upgraded from a 2008 MX-5 Miata to a 2018 TTRS so my perspective will be somewhat different. I went TTRS (and I had to have mine brought from out of state also - there are only 550 TTRS cars for 2018) because, for me, it is very nearly the perfect sports car daily. It's just so usable in terms of configuration and comfort while also being seriously fast and capable. And it certainly doesn't hurt that it looks great and sounds amazing in the process! I also like the fact that it is a short wheelbase, fairly light-weight car but still feels refined and very solid. Compared to my previous MX-5 it feels like it is carved from a single block of metal instead of being many different parts put together and I think that is one of the benefits of being MQB based.

I have no experience with other Audi products so I can't speak to that but it certainly hits the sweet spot for me in terms of being the "Goldilocks" car (not too hot, not too cold but juuuust right!). If there's a fly in the ointment it is the default transmission programming which wants to get to the highest gear as soon as possible and favors smoother, slower shifts in "D" mode rather than crisp, responsive shifts that you might expect from a car with such sporting intent. I get around this by shifting myself via the paddles or making sure I drop the transmission lever into "S" if I am letting the car shift for itself.
    All good info and thanks. I appreciate the other comparisons, my Dad had a 08 MX-5 that I drove a few times. Good to know and I didn't know there was only 550 for 2018. No wonder why this is so few available, I think around 59 in the US new.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

No problem and glad to help. I'm on my 11th day with the car so I am still very much in the learning phase (virtual cockpit and the whole MMI is a completely different galaxy compared to the 08 MX-5) but I am enjoying every minute. Let us know how it goes for you and what you eventually end up with.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    TTRS, Gen 2 Viper, 850 Turbo

Great info. I also am looking at getting a TTRS. Live outside of sacramento, I think im going to go get one this weekend. These things make 9s look easy..........which is not the case.

AZ Member #

I had a talk with a couple of the fine gentlemen at APR (I live about 30 mins from their HQ) they had extremely high hopes for the modding side of things vs the S6. Then I had an S4 for about 3 years and I didn't really need the 4 doors so that was another thing. Then I got to test drive one and that is pretty much what sold me.

It is probably the most fun car I have driven so far in my 15 years of driving. Sounds it makes, feeling of the streering, then ease of driving it hard, and the platform is still fairly new and they are already running fairly deep into the 9s with a stock motor.

Most importantly was the resell IF I didn't end up wanting to keep it, but I can tell you I plan on keeping this thing longer than anything else I've owned so far.
    2018 TT RS - Nogaro Blue | CF Inlays | Black Optic | Design Selection Interior | Red Calipers | Technology Package | APR Stage 1+ E85, Intercooler, Inlet, And intake | BC Forged EH173 19x9.5 ET45
    2017 A3 2.0 Ultra - Daily
    2015 S4 Prestige - Sold
    2013 A4 Premium plus - Sold

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    a bunch of tools

Quote Originally Posted by Trent212 View Post
    I had a talk with a couple of the fine gentlemen at APR (I live about 30 mins from their HQ) they had extremely high hopes for the modding side of things vs the S6. Then I had an S4 for about 3 years and I didn't really need the 4 doors so that was another thing. Then I got to test drive one and that is pretty much what sold me.

It is probably the most fun car I have driven so far in my 15 years of driving. Sounds it makes, feeling of the streering, then ease of driving it hard, and the platform is still fairly new and they are already running fairly deep into the 9s with a stock motor.

Most importantly was the resell IF I didn't end up wanting to keep it, but I can tell you I plan on keeping this thing longer than anything else I've owned so far.
    Good to know on all accounts. I am looking forward to a fun car again, actually my S6 is fun. I am looking forward to an exciting car again.

Veteran Member Three Rings dgszweda's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I have had more people give me thumbs up or ask me about the car than any other car I have owned. I have lowered mine and with spacers, it looks plain mean (at least in Daytona Grey). I have the Stage 1+ tune and TCU tune and it is awesome. It is very quick. I may go to Stage 2, but I think anything else beyond that is getting ridiculous and will actually take away from the fun, unless you are going 1/4 mile. With a Stage 2 tune this car will be hitting legal speed limits in 2.7 or 2.8 seconds.
    2018 Daytona Gray TTRS - Tech - Red Stitching - Black Optics - Sport Exhaust
    2014 Daytona Gray RS5 - MMI - Black Nappa - 20" rims - B&O - [SOLD]
    2008 Sprint Blue RS4 - [SOLD]
    2012 Monsoon Gray S4 - DSG - Sports Differential - B&O - Advance Key - MMI Navigation - Black Nappa
    My 2012 S4 Build Thread - [SOLD]

Established Member Two Rings Cyttorak's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by dgszweda View Post
    I have had more people give me thumbs up or ask me about the car than any other car I have owned. I have lowered mine and with spacers, it looks plain mean (at least in Daytona Grey). I have the Stage 1+ tune and TCU tune and it is awesome. It is very quick. I may go to Stage 2, but I think anything else beyond that is getting ridiculous and will actually take away from the fun, unless you are going 1/4 mile. With a Stage 2 tune this car will be hitting legal speed limits in 2.7 or 2.8 seconds.
    Iíve had the same experience. This car turns more heads and I get more comments than any other car Iíve owned as well. I can say the red/black interior and exterior looks equally as mean. After seeing your new mirror caps Iíve ordered me a set of carbon fiber ones. I personally get a gigantic smile every time I fire the car up after getting gas. Seldom itís not every head outside that doesnít turn with the expression whoa.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

AZ Member #

I have a friend in the neighborhood with a brand new 718 S, and was very much interested in my car, and eventually sold his and put in an order for this one. I think one problem people get hung up with is focusing on stats from car magazines as well as track numbers. In reality, what I have found is that this car performs exceptionally well on the street. Yes if you get to a track it may not stack up, but on the street, it goes toe to toe with anything else. And in the end, that is really what Audi is focusing on. Car magazines put too much importance on track numbers and whether the car can do powerslides. 99%+ these cars are driven on the street and that is where they shine. It is very confidence inspiring.
    2012 Monsoon Gray S4 - DSG - Sports Differential - B&O - Advance Key - MMI Navigation - Black Nappa

Senior Member Two Rings big residual's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Mine's great on the track. There are faster cars, there are more capable cars and there are many that it is faster and more capable than as well. It's a blast, no reservations. It comes down to whether you like an AWD DSG car on the track or you're more of a purist -- if you're not, it's a pants party.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    a bunch of tools

All good info, keep it coming. I reinstalling my lift in my garage last night. My S6 is going on the lift tonight so I can start pulling parts, aiming to have everything off by this weekend. Time to pull the trigger.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    a bunch of tools

Anyone here have any input on the Dynamic + package? Got to have it, pass on it, etc..?

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Anyone here have any input on the Dynamic + package? Got to have it, pass on it, etc..?
    Pass. Carbon ceramics are far too expensive if you track your car. I prefer the magride to the fixed suspension but that's a matter of preference. Active TPMS plus temperature at each tire would have been nice, but not bundled with the other two I definitely did not want.

Save the $6k and grab some lightweight 18 or 19 inch wheels with better tires, and perhaps grab a nice iron brake upgrade kit with a little extra cash and find yourself overwhelming stock brakes.

Active Member Two Rings doberzus's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2018 TTRS & 2018 Raptor CC

definitely pass on the Dynamic pkg. Not worth it, IMO.

I LOVE my TTRS. I call it an "overachiever". It just does everything so damn well! However, because of this I think it is lacking in the personality department. After coming from an F80 M3, Hellcat and owning my TTRS alongside my Shelby GT350.. it's a bit bland when it comes to **driving experience.

All of that aside, the car is brutally fast. What's interesting is that it does not feel fast, but it moves! Off the line performance is unreal and the in the real world this car shines. You hear people talking down on the RS3/TTRS platform by saying "understeer this understeers that". To those people I say STFU, lol. On the track..maybe. In the real world you're not going to experience any understeer and the car handles great and puts the power down. Very predictable.

This car really makes a lot of people angry. Especially when their much more louder (in terms of looks), "faster", more expensive performance cars get beat by a "chick car". It's the perfect car. Its FAST, sounds amazing (almost exotic), AWD traction in any weather, dual clutch transmission shifts fast/consistent, seats 4 (barely lol), has a huge trunk (was able to fit 50" TV's back there), and is truly exclusive. I've seen one other one in my area after one year. Everyone here has M3/M4s/Camaros/Mustangs, etc.
    2018 Audi TTRS Vegas Yellow & 2018 Raptor CrewCab Ruby Red (CURRENT)

Recent Past - 2016 F80 M3 6MT / 2016 S3 / 2017 F80 M3 ZCP-DCT / 2017 Focus RS / 2017 Challenger Hellcat 8A / 2017 Shelby GT350

Active Member Two Rings doberzus's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2018 TTRS & 2018 Raptor CC

Quote Originally Posted by MattRG View Post
    I just upgraded from a 2008 MX-5 Miata to a 2018 TTRS so my perspective will be somewhat different. I went TTRS (and I had to have mine brought from out of state also - there are only 550 TTRS cars for 2018) because, for me, it is very nearly the perfect sports car daily.
    Where exactly did you find out that Audi only made 550 TTRS cars for the 2018 MY? Just curious... that is actually not that many at all. Super rare to even see them on dealership lots.
    2018 Audi TTRS Vegas Yellow & 2018 Raptor CrewCab Ruby Red (CURRENT)

Recent Past - 2016 F80 M3 6MT / 2016 S3 / 2017 F80 M3 ZCP-DCT / 2017 Focus RS / 2017 Challenger Hellcat 8A / 2017 Shelby GT350

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '14 Audi S5, '18 BMW 540i, '17 Jetta SE

are you guys happy with the B/O sound system? Any interior rattles from bass? I'm in the market for one too, but I have not been able to get to a test drive yet and that is one of the things I hate about the B/O on my B8.5 S5, the sub rattles the rear deck every once in a while.
    -Loe P.-
    Audizine Forum Moderator

('14 Audi S5 S-tronic )
    [10.930@127.38mph | +1209 ft. D/A | 3.371 PR]

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Loe View Post
    are you guys happy with the B/O sound system? Any interior rattles from bass? I'm in the market for one too, but I have not been able to get to a test drive yet and that is one of the things I hate about the B/O on my B8.5 S5, the sub rattles the rear deck every once in a while.
    For the cost, the B&O option is great!

Veteran Member Four Rings VeryBadman's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2017 BMW X1

Quote Originally Posted by Loe View Post
    Nothing I notice or maybe it's not very apparent.

Quote Originally Posted by dgszweda View Post
    For the cost, the B&O option is great!
    Agreed, B&O is a must in this car.
    2018 Audi TTRS, Daytona Grey: Iroz/CC Stage 2 ECU & TCU, IE Intake, HFC Downpipe by Brink, Milltek HFC Midpipes, Iroz Intercooler and DSG Catch Can, Technology, Black Optic, Sport Exhaust, Blackout Badges, Pedalbox, H&R Springs and Spacers, Direct TPMS
    Other: 2017 BMW X1
    Throwbacks: 2014 Audi RS7, 2013 Audi S6, 2011 Audi S4, 2008 Audi A4

Senior Member Two Rings big residual's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Agree w/ others. I wouldn't do Dynamic if it costs $0 -- ceramics are no one's friend, and tbh I took the steel rotors off for Girodiscs immediately because drilled rotors get wrecked on the track.

This B&O config doesn't have a sub, so no sub rattle :)

That's the one thing I think is noticeable to my non-audiophile ears: the low-end is pretty much absent. I'm having an 8" JL Audio MicroSub+ installed at the end of the month. Overall, it's a good sounding kit from the factory, it's lacks low bass punch imo.

We have an SQ5 as well, and I'll end up dailying that more than the TTRS... although, I haven't driven it in the month since I've had the TTRS. My prior track car was a Stage 2+ Golf R that puts down 380 whp w/ KW Clubsports, BBK and pretty much every other thing you can do to it. Very quick car on track. The TTRS stock + rotors/pads is much better w/ less whp/wtq and stock suspension.

And then you start voiding the warranty and the upside kicks in. I expect I'll stay stock turbo, fbo Stage 2... not sure how far into 400+ at the wheels that's going to put the car, but even 400 whp is going to be scary fast.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I have a TT RS and a GT350R. Before the TT RS I've had a 2015 RS5, Golf R, and AMG 63 Coupe. I can say that the TT RS is fast, but you don't realize it. The 350R FEELS fast, and throws you in your seat. The TT RS you think "I'm not going fast" and you look down and you're at 100, it's very deceptive. One thing I was surprised about was that it's a much smoother ride than the Golf, and about on par with the Mercedes (shocker). The TT RS is also pretty fun to drive around town in due to size, but feature wise compared to the Mercedes or the Golf R, it's lacking things like adaptive cruise, lane assist, front collision, etc. Overall I am very happy with the TT RS and the daily driving comfort and fun factor of the car, but I will say that there are some areas that it is missing common things for a 60-70k car. If those are important then you might want to look at some other stuff, if a fun daily that is also comfortable & sport is important to you, then this car is so unique.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    a bunch of tools

Almost done pulling everything off. Last thing is the turbos, getting to go pull those in a few minutes. I put a deposit down a loaded Nardo TTRS yesterday. As for the missing features, I am not worried, I daily an SQ5 that is loaded with all the goodies. Soon.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by doberzus View Post
    Where exactly did you find out that Audi only made 550 TTRS cars for the 2018 MY? Just curious... that is actually not that many at all. Super rare to even see them on dealership lots.
    Production numbers thread on the Audi Customer Experience forum. An AoA employee is kindly providing numbers:

https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...1#post13117782

Quote Originally Posted by Audi USA View Post
    Hello! As of this moment there have been 550 2018 2.5T quattro s tronic TT RS Coupes produced for the 2018 model year. 13 were produced with the Suzuka Grey exterior, and 7 were produced with the Black/Red Constrast Diamond Stitching. For comparison purposes, 154 have been produced with Nardo Gray which represents the largest percentage out of the 550.
    2018 TTRS - Suzuka Grey
    2013 S4 - Monsoon Grey
    2012 A5 - Glacier White (Sold 11/13/17 )

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by mookow View Post
    I have a TT RS and a GT350R. Before the TT RS I've had a 2015 RS5, Golf R, and AMG 63 Coupe. I can say that the TT RS is fast, but you don't realize it. The 350R FEELS fast, and throws you in your seat. The TT RS you think "I'm not going fast" and you look down and you're at 100, it's very deceptive. One thing I was surprised about was that it's a much smoother ride than the Golf, and about on par with the Mercedes (shocker). The TT RS is also pretty fun to drive around town in due to size, but feature wise compared to the Mercedes or the Golf R, it's lacking things like adaptive cruise, lane assist, front collision, etc. Overall I am very happy with the TT RS and the daily driving comfort and fun factor of the car, but I will say that there are some areas that it is missing common things for a 60-70k car. If those are important then you might want to look at some other stuff, if a fun daily that is also comfortable & sport is important to you, then this car is so unique.
    I agree with this and was trying to explain it to my wife just yesterday. The TTRS is deceptively fast partly because it is so refined and smooth at speed. There's no shaking or shimmying in the body, very little squat or roll and almost no wiggling of the steering wheel. It feels stuck to the road in a way that I have not experienced in a car before. It also doesn't "hunt" around on the road at speed and requires little to no correction to stay in the lane. These things make it somewhat less visceral for just normal driving and cruising than some other sports cars that I have owned but also make it much easier to live with and a nicer everyday companion that also sounds great and has explosive acceleration when you want it.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

TT RS is an incredible car that is very well rounded, ie, you can daily it if desired or use it as a weekend/track car or all of the above. Wife and I have no regrets getting one. The modability (if thatís a word) is insane, but thatís true for most Audi/VW turbo cars. Our last fully track prepped car was a nismo 370z and the dollar per horsepower was terrible, same with suspension mod prices compared to TT RS (MQB cars generally).

If you get the TT RS, you wonít regret it.
    2018 Audi TT RS
    2016 Audi S3 (sold)

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    a bunch of tools

Done deal.

Old...

New...

I am loving every minute of it.

AZ Member #

Nice! Congrats man!

First thing I would recommend is different tires, sooner rather than later!
    2018 TT RS - Nogaro Blue | CF Inlays | Black Optic | Design Selection Interior | Red Calipers | Technology Package | APR Stage 1+ E85, Intercooler, Inlet, And intake | BC Forged EH173 19x9.5 ET45
    2015 S4 Prestige - Sold

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    a bunch of tools

Thanks!! Why the recommendation for the new tires? I just put 1000 miles on them driving back from Boise, no issues. I am going going to look for another set of tires, but snows since we have about 3 months till it starts snowing.

AZ Member #

Thanks!! Why the recommendation for the new tires? I just put 1000 miles on them driving back from Boise, no issues. I am going going to look for another set of tires, but snows since we have about 3 months till it starts snowing.
    If you add anymore power than stock, it will blow all four off pretty bad when you use LC. I'm personally looking at some PS4s they seem to be best all around tire, but I am also looking into an 18s wheel for some drag radials or a Toyo R88R for track use.
    2015 S4 Prestige - Sold

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    a bunch of tools

Good to know. Thanks for that information.

AZ Member #

Good to know. Thanks for that information.
    APR E85 file on stock P zero's = LOL traction
    2015 S4 Prestige - Sold

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Done deal.

Old...

New...

I am loving every minute of it.
    Congrats and looking good. Enjoy it! Best car I have ever owned, that is for sure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast