Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

New 2018 with wiring issues

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Long story short, I bought a new 2018 a5 with 281 miles on it on Saturday. The tech said the check engine light was on due to a start/stop malfunction because it was sitting at the dealership for so long and that it should go away by Monday, driving home I found that the air con was blowing HOT. I went to a local audi dealer who found some wiring issues which will be covered under warranty and should have my car back mid week.

Fine but...the dealer should have never let me leave with a car with the check engine light on and basically the dealership was closed when they finally gave me the car, just me and poor guy who had to stay late to detail it. Iím not looking to assign blame but I just donít feel like itís fair/shit poor quality control.

Looking for some constructive feedback/guidance as this is uncharted territory for me. How much of a stink should I make with the original dealer? Will complaining to audi make any difference? Do you think I am entitled to ask for anything from the dealer based on this experience(free audi car, car mats, anything lol)

Thanks everyone, car is beautiful by the way, canít wait to actually drive it.

Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Good morning,

We do appreciate you reaching out and making us aware of this situation. I am sorry to learn of the concerns you experienced especially so early into your ownership period, but would like to take a look into this matter for you. Do you mind sending over a PM with your contact information and VIN please?

Thank you!
    Vincenzo F.

Audi Social Community Manager

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Hello, I am not sure how to send a PM can you send me a Pm please and Iíll reply. Thanks

Veteran Member Four Rings AUDIMAN33's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 Audi A4, Porsche Cayenne S, Mercedes Benz S430 4matic
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax1900 View Post
    Hello, I am not sure how to send a PM can you send me a Pm please and Iíll reply. Thanks
    Hit under the user name and then go to send PM.
    I'm telling you right now they will not help you. All they do is ask for your contact info and then go ghost. It's a joke. there out here collecting info while they're snaking around.
    IMO make a stink about it, I see you're in NY all the dealers are scumy around here. Make your demands and stick to them. You just bought a new car if they want repeat business they will make this right. Oh and don't settle for a free detail as they will prob scratch your new car LOL
    Current
    2014 AUDI A4
    2003 AUDI A4 Convertible
    2004 VW Touareg V8
    Previous
    2010 BMW 328XI
    2002 BMW M5
    2013 JETTA SE 2003 MERCEDES-BENZ S430 4MATIC 2006 Ford Five Hundred SEL LEXUS GS460, 2011 CHEVY CAMARO 2008 BMW X3,2000 Audi A4,2003 LAND ROVER DISCOVERY,1996 LAND ROVER DISCOVERY,1988,SCIROCCO16V