Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    09 A6 3.0T (Sold), 11 Cooper ALL4 S, 2013 S5

C6A6 Tiptronic Steering Wheel

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    OEM good condition.

$50, buyer to pay shipping if not collecting in person, situated in MA.

Thanks

IMG_4954.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    2013 S5, B&O, Sports Diff, Nav Plus, Carbon inlays, Akebono, APR Stage 2, Dual Pulley, DSG Tune, APR intake and back pipe. KW HAS. Variant 20x10, Carbon Imports rear spoiler, RS Grill, Passport 9500i and night surveillance by Blackvue :) Ultracharger and Intercooler, ECS X-pipe

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Bump, life is more fun with paddles

2013 S5, B&O, Sports Diff, Nav Plus, Carbon inlays, Akebono, APR Stage 2, Dual Pulley, DSG Tune, APR intake and back pipe. KW HAS. Variant 20x10, Carbon Imports rear spoiler, RS Grill, Passport 9500i and night surveillance by Blackvue :) Ultracharger and Intercooler, ECS X-pipe

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

What type of mod needs to be made to enable this to work? Just some sort of VagCom change? I have the tiptronic gear shifter obviously but not sure how/if this would work. Thanks.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

No mod needed, just program in vagcom. I replaced the non paddle wheel on my former car and that was all it took.

Thanks

Veteran Member Three Rings cal3thousand's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1994 Volvo 850 Turbo

This is a steal! The paddles themselves usually cost more than that.
    Danton Black: 2009 Audi C6.5 A6 Sedan (Quattro, 3.0T, Prestige)
    I miss my Avant, longing for a 2011 3.0T
    Dead:
    Griselda, aka Grizzy: 2007 Audi C6 A6 Avant (Quattro, S-Line)

Just some small cosmetic mods while getting to Stage 0

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cal3thousand View Post
    This is a steal! The paddles themselves usually cost more than that.
    It's my yes dear, I'll clear out things I don't need sale

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Compatible with 2009 a6 3.0t?

How is the install process? Doesn't seem to have the center area

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NickLim View Post
    Compatible with 2009 a6 3.0t?

How is the install process? Doesn't seem to have the center area
    The centre area is the airbag which you would just swap from your non paddle equipped wheel.

Torx either side of wheel, centre nut and job done. Very simple.

Totally compatible with 2009 in fact i think that is the year I had it in.

AZ Member #

I was doing some research on how to perform the swap and I found out that there is a chance that the airbag may not be compatible with both steering wheels. Look at the video below (4:00 mark). How would I confirm this before purchase without taking my steering wheel off and removing the airbag, only to potentially find out that they are not compatible? I also do not have VagCom. I have the Vag xtool 401 which has quite a bit of functionality but I don't know exactly how to do this coding with that. Ugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QQOjNAhil0
    Last edited by akingzkid; 07-04-2018 at 03:19 PM. Reason: forgot to include link

AZ Member #
    My Garage

What model do you have, this has been done by numerous people, including myself. I can't comment on vag com though. I think I'm just going to stick it on eBay.

AZ Member #

I have a 2009 a6 3.0t

- - - Updated - - -

I want paddles, but only if it's an easy process I like my current steering wheel enough to avoid the headache

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Mickmerr62 View Post
    What model do you have, this has been done by numerous people, including myself. I can't comment on vag com though. I think I'm just going to stick it on eBay.

I have an 06 A6 3.2...

AZ Member #
    My Garage

I have a 2009 a6 3.0t

- - - Updated - - -

I want paddles, but only if it's an easy process I like my current steering wheel enough to avoid the headache
    It really couldn't be much easier, but please ask or research on the forum rather than taking my word for it.

AZ Member #

I'm almost ready to pull the trigger on this. Last night I confirmed that I am able to do the coding with my Xtool Vag401. I think I understand what to do (changing the 3rd digit). However, now my issue is that I don't know if I will know how to get the steering wheel off. I looked at a bunch of youtube videos and they are all of 3 spoke steering wheels (mine....ours is 4 spoke). For those it was showing 2 screws on the back that need to be removed. But, I cannot find any holes on the back side of mine where screws would be. Am I supposed to just pull hard on the airbag to get it off and then there will be screws from the top side (under the airbag) to get the steering wheel off? The videos on YouTube that had 4 spoke wheels were of older wheels that are not the same as ours. Any thoughts? Thanks.

AZ Member #

Mickmerr62,
    Can you answer my question about getting the steering wheel off? Thanks.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akingzkid View Post
    Mickmerr62,
    Can you answer my question about getting the steering wheel off? Thanks.
    I apologise, it's been a very difficult week and I've not really been keeping an eye on anything.

The torx left and right, 10pm and 2pm, are behind flush covers which simply pop off. These must be undone! Under no circumstance try and force the airbag.

When that's done it's simply pulled away and then you can undo the central bolt.

Sorry for the delay.

AZ Member #

[ATTACH=CONFIG]75794[/ATTACH I haven't looked again since you made your post last night but I know I looked everywhere behind that wheel for access to 2 screws. I'm not exactly sure where these flush covers are that you are saying are at 10 and 2. I will definitely go and look again. Would they be where I have put the white circles on this picture? Also, is this the exact wheel picture? Thanks.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by akingzkid; 07-13-2018 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Picture accidentally posted twice

AZ Member #

ok. I went back and looked just now and I found the little trap doors that slide open. Those little boogers were hiding pretty good. A few more questions before I make my final decision.

- Is the wheel in the picture the exact wheel I would be getting?

- I'm still a little concerned that the airbag may not be compatible with mine (the video link I posted above). Any thoughts on how I can absolutely confirm this? If I have to pull my wheel off first I can do that.

- Any idea what shipping will cost?

- Why in the world does this have over 1,200 views and nobody has jumped on this deal that I am hearing is a great deal? I'm not asking this to be rude, I'm just scratching my head trying to figure out what could possibly be preventing people from buying this for the price???

Thanks.

AZ Member #

Ill buy it PM me

- - - Updated - - -

I am just going to have a mechanic install it for me

I'm not going to take the risk saving a couple hundred bucks and not have an airbag

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Ill buy it PM me

- - - Updated - - -

I am just going to have a mechanic install it for me

I'm not going to take the risk saving a couple hundred bucks and not have an airbag
    Pm sent, thanks.

AZ Member #

Did NickLim buy the wheel?

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akingzkid View Post
    Did NickLim buy the wheel?
    No he is waiting to see if he can find someone with vagcom which is what you need to enable it.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

SOLD