Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings SepangBlueS4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 B8.5 S4 2012 Range Rover Evoque

Car Appraisal company recommendation.

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hey, can anybody recommend a company to get an appraisal for my S4? I'm looking to get a diminished value payment from my insurance company. Since it was a hit and run, they're not obligated to help me out in that department.

Senior Member Two Rings draekin13's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I found the guy I used via Google search. Just a side thing he does. I can 100% tell you make sure it is a local person touching the car and make sure you are willing to put in the time. I ended up dealing with the insurance lawyer for months before I got anywhere and that was just because I was persistent and the lawyer made the mistake of telling me each time I sent him an email it was a $50 charge on top of his time to the insurance company (the lady that hit me insurance, not my own) they basically paid me to stop costing them even more money. If I had to do it all over again I would have just let it go and spent my energy elsewhere. I just traded in my car a few weeks ago and they didn't even ask me about the accident that is showing up on CarFax.
    2018 Audi SQ5 Prestige Daytona Gray 18% tint, Airmatic Lowering Links
    2012 Audi S4 Prestige CTS Turbo intake, CR15, 20% tint, RS4 grille, Pioneer Sub swap, JHM short shift and linkage, JHM Stage 3 clutch and LWFW, BFI alcantara knob and boot - Sold :(
    2009 Audi A4 Prem+ Avant - Gone
    2003 Ford Focus SVT 5 door #350 - Sold
    2005.5 Audi A4 3.0 Quattro Sport - Sold

Veteran Member Four Rings 02 A6 2.7T's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Too much crap

Quote Originally Posted by SepangBlueS4 View Post
    Hey, can anybody recommend a company to get an appraisal for my S4? I'm looking to get a diminished value payment from my insurance company. Since it was a hit and run, they're not obligated to help me out in that department.
    I dealt with Haury's about 10 years ago ... they were great at the time, and deal with diminished value claims ... http://www.hauryscollision.com/servi...inished-value/
    2002 A6 2.7T - 6MT Crystal Blue APR Stage 1
    2002 S6 - 6 MT Black/black
    **SOLD ** 2002 allroad 2.7T 6MT

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by SepangBlueS4 View Post
    To add to our conversation, If you have a good relationship with your dealer (or go to all the local Audi dealers) ask them if they will give you a trade-in appraisal for before loss and after loss and show them the estimate for repairs. If they will put it on letterhead advising the difficulty selling a luxury premium sports car to enthusiasts that can afford/willingly pay top dollar for rare combos and un-wrecked examples that would go a long way. If they say 27K before loss and 22K after (made up numbers) that's a compelling case.

Essentially your making a speculative claim; eventually, when I sell it, I'll likely get less then I would have otherwise but I can't really say how much because I can't see into the future. The letter from the dealer is objective and says right now you would incur x loss. If that doesn't work I'd look for a local appraiser but it's a niche market. As Draekin said local matters- if they say they'll write a report based on talking with you no inspection necessary, they will miss something and mis-speak in their report which destroys credibility.