Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Anyone tried to get AMS or Mike's "Made by Hands" down pipes on S8?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I see there is info in here on how to adapt the APR downs to the S8 factory exhaust, but I need the emissions friendly AMS or Mike's version if I do this.
    My wife and I have not made the final decision on the S8 we are looking at, but I already know I want to mod it to Stage II if possible. Our S6 responded very nicely and I'm sure the S8 would as well.
    Not sure if the down pipe section of all the 4.0T motors is the same, since the same down pipes fit all of them, but very curious and will look very carefully at S8 when we head over to see it again.
    1. Anyone know if the down pipes bolt to a section of factory pipe the AMS downs would also match right up too? I know APR units have a longer length that requires changes in the S6/7.
    2. Or, anyone know if the Audi S8 factory downs are longer to reach a different location under the car and tie into the exhaust?

Guess the real question is if the down pipe assemblies on all S6/7/8 cars are the same with the S8 just having additional pipe on the exhaust side to mate up to the down pipes.

Thank you,
    Todd

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Answered my own question. Found Audi part numbers for both left and right down pipes with cats are same part number across all 4.0TT use vehicles. Looks like install is exactly as S6/7 as well.