Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Senior Member Two Rings draekin13's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Bad dealership experience need some help

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I am in the middle of the worst experience I have ever had purchasing a car. Long story short it has been missed promise again and again. My biggest issue is I paid my lease payment to the dealership before the due date since they hadn't processed the paperwork(?) and now I am getting calls from AFS that my account in delinquent and the dealership will not help me. They are saying I need to contact AFS myself. This is on top of all the other issues I am having with the car and just now they are telling me these are "normal" and known issues, the seat extension bolster is broken and the brakes squeak terribly. I have been working with the dealership as high as the GM (who appears to be GM for a sister store?) and over the last several weeks have made no progress. I need some help and direction on how to handle these issues.
    2018 Audi SQ5 Prestige Daytona Gray 18% tint, Airmatic Lowering Links
    2012 Audi S4 Prestige CTS Turbo intake, CR15, 20% tint, RS4 grille, Pioneer Sub swap, JHM short shift and linkage, JHM Stage 3 clutch and LWFW, BFI alcantara knob and boot - Sold :(
    2009 Audi A4 Prem+ Avant - Gone
    2003 Ford Focus SVT 5 door #350 - Sold
    2005.5 Audi A4 3.0 Quattro Sport - Sold

AZ Member #

I was messaged the email for Audi and they appear to be working on this now. Will see what happens.
    2012 Audi S4 Prestige CTS Turbo intake, CR15, 20% tint, RS4 grille, Pioneer Sub swap, JHM short shift and linkage, JHM Stage 3 clutch and LWFW, BFI alcantara knob and boot - Sold :(

Registered Member Four Rings AUDIMAN33's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 Audi A4, Porsche Cayenne S, Mercedes Benz S430 4matic

LOL good luck, they won't do anything! promise after promise broken sounds like Audi to me HAHA. Good luck with AFS, bring a bag of paint chips to snack on so you can get on there level of stupid when talking to them!

AZ Member #

Wow this is getting even better. Reached out to AutoNation and they said they would get back to me by today, still nothing. The email I got from AoA gave me the agents extension, called that this morning since I haven't heard anything back and got an automated message that the customer advocates are away for training and then it hangs up. My temp license expires today and the lease payment I made still hasn't been applied to my AFS account so now I am being assessed late charges too. Audi is losing my trust quickly, considering this was a lease I'm not sure I will be back when it is up.

Registered Member Four Rings AUDIMAN33's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2014 Audi A4, Porsche Cayenne S, Mercedes Benz S430 4matic

Surprise surprise, they're a joke. Notice how they ignore anyone who has a real issue. They're just snakes...

AZ Member #

The one bright spot in all of this has been AFS. They have been amazingly helpful and courteous. Kudos to that group. So after GM finally called me yesterday he guaranteed he would have all info/proof to me by yesterday end of day (waiting on his accounting team so 5pm) 9pm I filed a complaint with Department of Licensing dealer compliance and the BBB. Called AFS this morning and they confirmed 100% that what I was told yesterday by GM was a lie.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I havent dealt with AoA, but last week i had my first experience dealing with Audi of Canada (for a mess-up done at Audi of Mississauga, in Ontario canada)

Audi of Mississauga didnt code a new airbag module properly before installing it in my car, but installed it anyways. it basically sent my entire crash/supplementary restrain system into chaos (none of the crash sensors, airbags or parking brake are responding/communicating with the new airbag module. They didnt diagnose or fix it, they just gave me my car back with all these errors they created, and said "pay us to figure out why, or do it yourself"

Audi of Canada response was as non-committal as you can get. They basically said 'its up to the dealer to fix their mistake, or not'

thanks Audi...good job standing behind your products and services (and authorized dealers)

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by sweet2bad View Post
    I havent dealt with AoA, but last week i had my first experience dealing with Audi of Canada (for a mess-up done at Audi of Mississauga, in Ontario canada)

Audi of Mississauga didnt code a new airbag module properly before installing it in my car, but installed it anyways. it basically sent my entire crash/supplementary restrain system into chaos (none of the crash sensors, airbags or parking brake are responding/communicating with the new airbag module. They didnt diagnose or fix it, they just gave me my car back with all these errors they created, and said "pay us to figure out why, or do it yourself"

Audi of Canada response was as non-committal as you can get. They basically said 'its up to the dealer to fix their mistake, or not'

thanks Audi...good job standing behind your products and services (and authorized dealers)
    Wow I was coming to update my experience and found you are getting the same answer I am. AoA closed my case saying it is up to the dealership to figure it out and the dealership is saying it is an Audi corporate issue that they have nothing to do with. I am at my wits end. NEVER will buy a new Audi at the very least and I am wondering after being a long time Audi owner if it isn't time to move on to another brand. My issues are seemingly simple (yours sounds WAY worse than mine) but no one can even communicate with me from the dealership or Audi Corp side.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by draekin13 View Post
    Wow I was coming to update my experience and found you are getting the same answer I am. AoA closed my case saying it is up to the dealership to figure it out and the dealership is saying it is an Audi corporate issue that they have nothing to do with. I am at my wits end. NEVER will buy a new Audi at the very least and I am wondering after being a long time Audi owner if it isn't time to move on to another brand. My issues are seemingly simple (yours sounds WAY worse than mine) but no one can even communicate with me from the dealership or Audi Corp side.
    its almost as if AoA and AoC have an agreement with the dealerships that no one accept responsibility, so the consumer is left standing there lost as to who to hold accountable

i had an appointment to go back to Audi of Mississauga yesterday...knowing Audi of Canada was not really supporting me or standing behind the 'quality' (or lack thereof) of the work done on my car, i knew i had to tread lightly, because the only ppl that could help was the $hitty dealership.

So i spoke honestly/frankly with the lead tech. Complemented him on his product knowledge (cus he IS supposed to be the expert), i didnt throw it in his face regarding the info i had about the coding issues, or that i had run diagnostics on my car prior to bringing it in. But did mention that only one part was changed, and now everything that communicates with that one part, doesnt work. I expressed concern that my airbags dont work and i feel thats a major safety concern, and i'd like him to try his best to return my car to the condition it was in prior to me coming to audi.

He took the car in for about 40mins, and came back and said 'yeah there's a problem with the coding in that module. he'll have to send the data to Audi of Canada to get the correct coding, and he'll call me back to schedule a time to bring the car in and get it fixed correctly'. (i wanted to say, "why didnt the tech that worked on my car do what you just did in the first place??", but it wouldnt have made the situation better....i'll wait until my car is back to 100% to lose my $hit..lol)

So its not fixed, but definitely a step in the right direction.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by sweet2bad View Post
    its almost as if AoA and AoC have an agreement with the dealerships that no one accept responsibility, so the consumer is left standing there lost as to who to hold accountable

i had an appointment to go back to Audi of Mississauga yesterday...knowing Audi of Canada was not really supporting me or standing behind the 'quality' (or lack thereof) of the work done on my car, i knew i had to tread lightly, because the only ppl that could help was the $hitty dealership.

So i spoke honestly/frankly with the lead tech. Complemented him on his product knowledge (cus he IS supposed to be the expert), i didnt throw it in his face regarding the info i had about the coding issues, or that i had run diagnostics on my car prior to bringing it in. But did mention that only one part was changed, and now everything that communicates with that one part, doesnt work. I expressed concern that my airbags dont work and i feel thats a major safety concern, and i'd like him to try his best to return my car to the condition it was in prior to me coming to audi.

He took the car in for about 40mins, and came back and said 'yeah there's a problem with the coding in that module. he'll have to send the data to Audi of Canada to get the correct coding, and he'll call me back to schedule a time to bring the car in and get it fixed correctly'. (i wanted to say, "why didnt the tech that worked on my car do what you just did in the first place??", but it wouldnt have made the situation better....i'll wait until my car is back to 100% to lose my $hit..lol)

So its not fixed, but definitely a step in the right direction.
    Good that you are making progress. I just got a call from the local dealership (not the one I bought the car from) and the Audi Field Tech is going to meet me there next week to go over the issues with my car. Will see what this does, still irritating that I have been complaining about this for nearly two months and just now getting someone to actually look at the issue.

Active Member Two Rings satinblack18s6's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I am in the middle of the worst experience I have ever had purchasing a car. Long story short it has been missed promise again and again. My biggest issue is I paid my lease payment to the dealership before the due date since they hadn't processed the paperwork(?) and now I am getting calls from AFS that my account in delinquent and the dealership will not help me. They are saying I need to contact AFS myself. This is on top of all the other issues I am having with the car and just now they are telling me these are "normal" and known issues, the seat extension bolster is broken and the brakes squeak terribly. I have been working with the dealership as high as the GM (who appears to be GM for a sister store?) and over the last several weeks have made no progress. I need some help and direction on how to handle these issues.
    feel for you man i have same issues with my 2018 audi paint issues after you sign the papers they pretty much done with you.
    2018 Audi S6 White
    2018 Audi S6 Satin Black
    2018 Audi Q7
    2011 Audi A4

AZ Member #

Had my appointment with the Audi Field Tech Manager. He agreed that my brakes are louder than they should be an they are making a "good will exception" to replace my brakes and rotors. Wait, you are making an exception to make my car the way it should have been in the first place? The choice of words really irritated me making me feel as though I was the problem here. He also stated the issue I'm having with the seat the techs didn't address right and apparently they noted they had no idea what I was talking about but replaced the seat frame just to do something on the car rather than trying to clarify with me... Incompetence drives me insane.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

He also stated the issue I'm having with the seat the techs didn't address right and apparently they noted they had no idea what I was talking about but replaced the seat frame just to do something on the car rather than trying to clarify with me... Incompetence drives me insane.
    this

its like 'technicians' nowadays dont have any problem solving/ troubleshooting skills, or have the ability to think critically. They are like robots: something 'may' not be working, dont figure out why, just replace it. And repeat.

AZ Member #

Good news. The Department of Licensing dealer compliance guy that had my case came back from vacation. Within one day my requests were addressed and I believe I have the resolution I was looking for from the dealership side. Sad that this guy had to get involved and threaten to go to the auto group VP to get me taken care of. Parts for my car from Audi should be in next week. Hoping this fixes the noisy brake issue. I had the service advisor ask if Audi would cover aftermarket since according to the Field Tech this is "normal" for Audi brakes and they declined my request.