Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Senior Member Three Rings TappaNuKegga's Avatar
    AZ Member #

"idrinkv8" Seller Feedback thread - idrinkv8

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by idrinkv8 View Post
    Sold
    Feedback thread for B8/B8.5 S4/A4 parts seller "idrinkv8"

AZ Member #

I drove up from the Philadelphia area to meet up with seller in-person near NYC. Seller is a great guy in person, and wheels appeared to be in great cosmetic condition, as promised.

Over the following half year, I spent a great deal of time and money trying to diagnose vibration in my steering wheel. Swapped out wheels, spacers, wire-brushed hub faces, alignment. Turns out the wheels that idrinkv8 soldl me were all very bent: some of the worst the tire tech had ever seen.

Still waiting on resolution with seller; idrinkv8 is refusing to respond to any text correspondence.

-Andrew

Site Moderator Four Rings Stubek's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2007 Honda Element SC

Quote Originally Posted by TappaNuKegga View Post
    I drove up from the Philadelphia area to meet up with seller in-person near NYC. Seller is a great guy in person, and wheels appeared to be in great cosmetic condition, as promised.

Over the following half year, I spent a great deal of time and money trying to diagnose vibration in my steering wheel. Swapped out wheels, spacers, wire-brushed hub faces, alignment. Turns out the wheels that idrinkv8 soldl me were all very bent: some of the worst the tire tech had ever seen.

Still waiting on resolution with seller; idrinkv8 is refusing to respond to any text correspondence.

-Andrew
    What doesn't make sense here?
    Saw the wheels in person and they looked great. Then over 6 months, swapping wheels etc, you find out they are bent and then wait another 4 months to say anything?
    Kevin - Moderator, Audizine

2011 A4 Avant Meteor Grey/Black, Titanium Package, Prem+ Nav, B&O. Euro LED Tail Lights, Tint, LED license plate lights, LED interior lights, custom sub, lots of VAG updates, Eurocode Alu Kruez, Hotchkiss F/R Swaybars

Build thread: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...ead?highlight=

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Stubek View Post
    What doesn't make sense here?
    Saw the wheels in person and they looked great. Then over 6 months, swapping wheels etc, you find out they are bent and then wait another 4 months to say anything?
    I don't know what you mean by "what doesn't make sense here?".

They looked great upon visual inspection with no dents or flatspots, but I as well as many guys on here know, you cannot fully inspect the straightness of wheels in a parking lot. So I took idrinkv8's word on their condition, and I got burned bad.

Seller advertised the wheels being in "excellent condition" - to quote his for-sale thread's title. idrinkb8's vouching that they are "mint" is the reason why I spent so much money and time pulling my hair out for months trying to diagnose the vibration. I tried everything from different spacers, replaced my front disc brake rotors, and had an alignment done. Once I tried a different set wheels, the culprit of my issue was as clear as day - idrinkv8's "excellent" condition wheels.

No idea where you're getting these monthly estimates of yours. I confirmed with a shop that the wheels are bent less than two months ago.

Here is the original for-sale thread. Description was removed shortly after the sale, but the wording of the title persists: https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...lent-Condition

Site Moderator Four Rings Stubek's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2007 Honda Element SC

For a wheel to be as bent as you say, there would be some superficial damage.
    Second, if the only thing you did was put new wheels on the car and they were as bent as you say, the issue should have been noticeable from the start and you should have said to yourself, "All was good yesterday, today it drives like crap, so what changed? Oh, the wheels."

As for the monthly estimates, that is easy. They were marked sold on September 3rd, 2017. You then said that you spent "half a year" trying to find the problem. So that means roughly until March 3 you were trouble shooting.
    You then say nothing on these forums about it until yesterday which is more than halfway through June or 3.5 months since March 3, so 9.5 months.
    Kevin - Moderator, Audizine

2011 A4 Avant Meteor Grey/Black, Titanium Package, Prem+ Nav, B&O. Euro LED Tail Lights, Tint, LED license plate lights, LED interior lights, custom sub, lots of VAG updates, Eurocode Alu Kruez, Hotchkiss F/R Swaybars

Build thread: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...ead?highlight=

Registered Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Thats good to know which is informative