Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Stage 3 Forum Advertiser Four Rings Excelerate Rep's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi's

:: Excelerate Performance:: 3.0T Overdrive Two Piece Crank Pulley

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    EXCELERATE PERFORMANCE: XLR8 CRANK PULLEY FOR AUDI 3.0T

XLR8 3.0T Supercharged Lightweight 2 Piece Overdrive Crank Pulley

SO WHAT IS BEING OFFERED?

We have four diameter lightweight overdrive crank pulleys IN STOCK: 179 mm 196.5 mm 183mm and 187mm.
    See below for details on which you should choose for your setup:

179mm - Basically a Stage 2 setup if used with a stock supercharger pulley with a ratio of 2.830. If itís used with an aftermarket supercharger pulley (~57.5 mm) it is a Dual Pulley setup with a ratio of 3.100. Most Dual Pulley software works with this setup. We recommend APRís Dual Pulley software.

183mm - Dual Pulley equivalent with a ratio of roughly 3.177 If itís used with an aftermarket supercharger pulley. We recommend APR. (~57.5 mm) Most Dual Pulley software works with this setup. We recommend APRís Dual Pulley software.

187mm - Dual Pulley equivalent and slightly more aggressive with a ratio of roughly 3.247 If itís used with an aftermarket supercharger pulley. We recommend APR. (~57.5 mm) Most Dual Pulley software works with this setup. We recommend APRís Dual Pulley software.

196.5mm - Basically a Dual Pulley equivalent when used with a stock supercharger pulley. We would not recommend running a smaller supercharger pulley and this crank pulley unless you have a 3.0T Audi that shifts early. Most Dual Pulley software works with this setup. We recommend APRís Dual Pulley software.

HOW CAN I BUY ONE?

Let us send you a Paypal Invoice
    Call Us - 203-483-6100
    E-Mail - sales@excelerateperformance.com or erik@excelerateperformane.com

On Our e-Commerce Store

WHAT IS IT?

The XLR8 lightweight crank pulley for the Audi 3.0T platform is an overdrive pulley designed to increase boost on the factory Eaton supercharger.
    The pulley is a modular setup which features a 316 stainless steel crank hub which bolts to an T6061 Aluminum CNC machined outer ring, sized
    either 179mm, 183mm, 187mm or 196.5mm outer diameter.

All parts are designed and manufactured in the U.S. using the latest 3D product development software.
    We use only the finest U.S. produced materials from sources like Alcoa. The manufacturing processes follow strict quality control measures ensuring
    superior products that are attractive, durable, and most of all reliable. The pulleys are held to .001Ē tolerances, usually reserved for aircraft, medical,
    military and space manufacturing programs. All pulleys are CNC machined and 0 gram balanced.

This crank pulley allows you to overdrive the Eaton TVS1320 even further than the smaller supercharger pulley by essentially making it a dual pulley setup.
    The overdrive crank pulley, in combination with the smaller supercharger pulley, can increase boost significantly, resulting in large power gains. We have
    decided to make two sizes: 179 and 196.5 mm. The 179 mm basically is the same as running a smaller supercharger pulley. The 179 mm overdrive crank pulley
    combined with most aftermarket supercharger pulleys equals the 196.5 mm crank pulley. The 196.5 mm crank pulley equals a 179 mm crank pulley and combined
    with a ~57.5 mm supercharger pulley. So if you donít want to install a supercharger pulley just purchase our 196.5mm setup and achieve the same boost increase.
    If you want more than a dual pulley setup with a ~57.5mm Supercharger Pulley and our 179mm crank pulley kit, you can go up to a 183mm or 187mm Crank pulley.

Stock pulley sizing/ratio:

Stock crank pulley is 162mm.
    Stock supercharger pulley is 63mm.
    That is a ratio of 2.57.

Pulley Weight

179mm OD = 1 lb 14 oz
    183mm OD - 1 lb 15 oz
    187mm OD - 2 lb 0.06 oz
    196.5mm OD = 2 lbs 3 oz
    Hub = 1 lb 1 oz
    Stock Pulley = 8 lbs 10 oz

WHY DID WE MAKE IT?

We made it for two basic reasons: performance and improvement. As many in the forum community are aware, gains are significant when combined with software,
    ďDual Pulley SoftwareĒ. The boost increase will be the bulk of the gains, roughly 80% of the total. The diameter of the pulley will determine the boost increase and
    the gain from this increase. However, there will also be gains for just weight reduction, which will be highest during boost ramp up and will extend across the entire
    band. The rough formula we use is 3 HP & 3.5-4 ft/lb increase per lb. of weight reduced versus the stock pulley. Of course, all cars are different, software is different,
    all dynos are different, and temperature, elevation, and density play a role here as well.

We have been working with a manufacturer of lightweight crank pulleys for over a decade and there are significant improvements to be had over the stock crank pulley.
    The factory 3.0T Crank Pulley is two piece construction that is bonded together by rubber acting as an isolator. Our design improves upon the OE design by eliminating
    the failure-prone rubber isolator and substituting it with bolts to mate the two pieces rather than the bonded rubber. The failures we have seen consisted of the rubber
    bond breaking apart and separating . This generally is a slow failure process but can cause major damage to surrounding components if the failure occurs. Our pulley
    eliminates that chance of failure. See images of the 3.0T factory crank pulley below:

BUT YOUR PULLEY ISNíT A DAMPER!

By the nature of the factory crank pulleys mounting type it cannot be a damper. A damper must be interference fit to the crankshaft in order to be a true damper.
    Interference fit means a really tight press fit that has the effect of making the two parts like one. None of the engines we make pulleys for currently have a crank
    pulley that is interference fit.

Another interesting fact that exposes the gimmick that a damper is needed are the recent developments that have many engine families that have different outputs
    yet they use the same crank pulley part#. The crank pulley with elastomer was designed to reduce audible NVH and not to protect the engine has also been confirmed
    in the engineering work done by Continental and displayed in the graph on their site dedicated to the Elite belts (http://www.thequietbelt.com/#the-art-of-silence).

The Continental site clearly talks about 80 dBA as the maximum noise level from under the hood, this goes to what many have been saying all along that all the power train
    components, including the crank pulley are designed with quietness in mind, not damping. Additional examples of reducing NVH are baffles, honeycombs and flow directors in
    the intake with an enclosed airbox, resonators and mufflers with multiple steps and flow diverters in the exhaust. The factories even add little rubberized damper weights on
    the chassis to control chassis resonance. Yet, we remove all of these as people who love to modify our vehicles.

For a more in depth discussion on Pulleys, NVH, and Dampers vs Non Dampers: Click Here for More information on NVH, Dampers VS Non Dampers

So at a 1,000 RPMs it is 2,570 RPM on the blower. So 2.57 at 7,000 Engine RPM you're at 17,900 RPM on the blower.

Here is the link to Eatonís website for further information: http://www.eaton.com/Eaton/ProductsS...dex.htm#tabs-2

179mm - $449

183mm - $474

187mm - $474

196.5mm - $349

INSTALLATION

Installation Instructions

Be sure to check us out on social media!

Last edited by Excelerate Rep; 06-18-2018 at 09:28 AM.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi's

All of our pulley's are in stock and ready for same day shipping!

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi's

All orders processed and shipped! Plenty in stock so feel free to PM me with inquiries

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Will this work with the CREC engines?

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi's

Quote Originally Posted by pfar54 View Post
    Will this work with the CREC engines?
    You have a PM

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I wish this had been posted a couple months ago, already bought a Fluidampr. Subscribed to this thread for reference for my next 3.0T car.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi's

Quote Originally Posted by sikessr View Post
    I wish this had been posted a couple months ago, already bought a Fluidampr. Subscribed to this thread for reference for my next 3.0T car.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    Never a bad time to order one and stock up for the next build