Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    May 23 2018
    AZ Member #
    419330
    Location
    USA

    Some Issues after 300 miles on the RS3

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hi all,

    I picked up my RS3 from a local dealership almost 3 weeks ago with 29 miles on it. I drove it home, took it for a ride twice (almost entirely highway) and then back to the dealership yesterday. I brought the vehicle back to the dealership yesterday with 384 miles on it so that I could have them look at/repair an obnoxious rattle coming from the subwoofer under moderate to heavy bass as well as a thumping noise I hear coming from the rear over bumps/dips in the road.

    I was told that they have fixed both issues by: 1. padding the rear deck to help absorb the rattling, and 2. by tightening a loose bushing in the rear.

    What ticked me off today is when I found out the bushing was the reason for the sound coming from the rear. Since this vehicle was acquired from a trade, I feel as if this dealership that I purchased it from should have gone over the vehicle thoroughly, and should not have assumed the initial dealership did, and did it correctly. Secondly, the vehicle is still at the dealership because they found a deformation in the driver's side front tire. A tire with only 384 miles on it! I can honestly say that I never saw this deformation prior to bringing the vehicle to the dealership, and I'm now wondering if it happened during their diagnosis test drive prior to or after the bushing repair.

    In addition when I was told this I explained to the service advisor that I purchased the wheel and tire protection warranty. However, I feel as if they should go through the Pirelli warranty process instead of trying to charge me a $50 deductible. I was then told that the service manager from this dealership would not cover the deductible because I did not purchase the warranty through them but rather FD-Warranty. These few issues that have already been detected within a few weeks of owning the vehicle are beginning to open my eyes to the kind of quality and service I have received which is already sub-par. I hope this is not a sign of further things to come in the future....

    Thanks for reading. If you have any thoughts I'd appreciate it.

  2. #2
    Established Member Two Rings Uncle Buck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 06 2012
    AZ Member #
    105409
    My Garage
    '10 VW GTI, '13 Audi Q5 2.0T, '15 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock
    Location
    Sinking Spring. PA

    I'm reluctant to weigh in here, but I'm gonna anyway. First, not every part of a car is checked during pre-delivery. If this was a trade from another Audi dealer and there were 29 miles on the clock, there isn't really a valid reason to do pre-delivery again. Second, why should the service manager waive the $50 deductible for the tire. Those are the terms of the warranty. You "feel" it should be covered. Your feelings aren't part of the warranty, only the terms. Sorry to sound less than supportive but the bottom line is that the car bushing was repaired under warranty, you received some extra sound deadening and for $50 you have a new tire. Candidly, I'd declare victory and go enjoy your magnificent new car.

  3. #3
    Veteran Member Four Rings JoshDub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 09 2008
    AZ Member #
    34021
    Location
    Seattle

    As far as the bushing goes, delivery inspection doesn't go over every single bolt. It's likely something that was missed at the factory if anything at all. They could have just told you it was a random bushing as the simplest explanation.

    The tire situation on the other hand sucks. I don't know if Pirelli's warranty is in effect on new car purchases. Defects certainly do happen and dont really warrant this level of skepticism.
    The Awesomeô

  4. #4
    Veteran Member Four Rings itsmatt33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 14 2009
    AZ Member #
    44958
    Location
    Pasadena

    Factory Pirellis are known to have crazy issues. I stay far away from them.
    GTX2867r Audi A4 B6 TQM RECARO|HRE|ER|IE|APR|AWE|034 Build page here
    Daily Driven Audi Q3 Neuspeed|HRE|REMUS|KW Build page here
    IG: @matthewee

  5. #5
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    May 23 2018
    AZ Member #
    419330
    Location
    USA

    Good to know. Dealership was not willing to cover the $50 deductible and they weren't willing to contact Pirelli. Had no other option but to just pay the deductible.

  6. #6
    Registered Member Four Rings AUDIMAN33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 11 2014
    AZ Member #
    138724
    My Garage
    2014 Audi A4, Porsche Cayenne S, Mercedes Benz S430 4matic
    Location
    New York

    Quote Originally Posted by eurican View Post
    Good to know. Dealership was not willing to cover the $50 deductible and they weren't willing to contact Pirelli. Had no other option but to just pay the deductible.
    That's the Audi way get used to it. You deff don't buy Audi's for there customer Service... You just bought a very expensive car from them and they won't spend $50 to make you happy... Let that sink in... Enjoy your New RS3 with the same terrible service that we all get!

  7. #7
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    May 23 2018
    AZ Member #
    419330
    Location
    USA

    Quote Originally Posted by AUDIMAN33 View Post
    That's the Audi way get used to it. You deff don't buy Audi's for there customer Service... You just bought a very expensive car from them and they won't spend $50 to make you happy... Let that sink in... Enjoy your New RS3 with the same terrible service that we all get!
    Hahaha...thank you! Seems like it's also because I didn't purchase the wheel and tire warranty from them. At least that is what I feel since they said that "they would have taken care of the $50 deductible if I purchased it through them."

    I also have a case open with Audi USA and they were unable to get the dealership to cover the cost as well as get them to contact Pirelli to get the tire covered under warranty.

    The car also had 10 miles put on it by the dealership after I picked it up (384 when I brought it there and 394 when I picked it up) which I can't see why they needed to put 10 miles on it. In addition, there was a nick on the wheel they replaced the tire on, and two scratches in one of the lug bolt holes. I also don't know if they balanced the wheel/tire or not but they removed the factory weights and left the adhesive behind. Real nice to see on a $64,000 semi-rare car! On top of that, there were scuffs on my rear passenger door sill and scratches on the bottom of each of my sideskirts. This was all noted to Audi USA as well...

    By the way, the original reason for bringing in the car was for the subwoofer rattle, which the tech could not reproduce but is still easily detectable. Their solution was to just put foam around the two rear shelf speakers and did nothing to the subwoofer...


    Attachments Pending Approval

  8. #8
    Registered Member Four Rings AUDIMAN33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 11 2014
    AZ Member #
    138724
    My Garage
    2014 Audi A4, Porsche Cayenne S, Mercedes Benz S430 4matic
    Location
    New York

    Quote Originally Posted by eurican View Post
    Hahaha...thank you! Seems like it's also because I didn't purchase the wheel and tire warranty from them. At least that is what I feel since they said that "they would have taken care of the $50 deductible if I purchased it through them."

    I also have a case open with Audi USA and they were unable to get the dealership to cover the cost as well as get them to contact Pirelli to get the tire covered under warranty.

    The car also had 10 miles put on it by the dealership after I picked it up (384 when I brought it there and 394 when I picked it up) which I can't see why they needed to put 10 miles on it. In addition, there was a nick on the wheel they replaced the tire on, and two scratches in one of the lug bolt holes. I also don't know if they balanced the wheel/tire or not but they removed the factory weights and left the adhesive behind. Real nice to see on a $64,000 semi-rare car! On top of that, there were scuffs on my rear passenger door sill and scratches on the bottom of each of my sideskirts. This was all noted to Audi USA as well...

    By the way, the original reason for bringing in the car was for the subwoofer rattle, which the tech could not reproduce but is still easily detectable. Their solution was to just put foam around the two rear shelf speakers and did nothing to the subwoofer...


    Doesn't matter if you didn't purchase the tire warranty from them bottom line is they won't even bend for a little $50 to please you on something that's debatable.
    I'm going to just put this out here, Audi USA won't do anything they're a bunch of snakes. They will file it under the, we don't care, we have your money folder. The scuffs and scratches are something that you'll have to get used to if you plan on servicing your car at Audi The day I took delivery of my new A4 they scratched my hood really really bad and tried to cover it up with black nail polish...

    Audi is a really really good car, but dealing with Audi, well lets just say it's like talking to someone who snacks on paint chips...

  9. #9
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    May 23 2018
    AZ Member #
    419330
    Location
    USA

    Quote Originally Posted by AUDIMAN33 View Post
    Doesn't matter if you didn't purchase the tire warranty from them bottom line is they won't even bend for a little $50 to please you on something that's debatable.
    I'm going to just put this out here, Audi USA won't do anything they're a bunch of snakes. They will file it under the, we don't care, we have your money folder. The scuffs and scratches are something that you'll have to get used to if you plan on servicing your car at Audi The day I took delivery of my new A4 they scratched my hood really really bad and tried to cover it up with black nail polish...

    Audi is a really really good car, but dealing with Audi, well lets just say it's like talking to someone who snacks on paint chips...
    Good to know. I didn't know it was this bad with customer service but I now know first hand...The car is really nice, it's just too bad the dealership's service department has treated a new customer in this fashion. This is the first time I've purchased a brand new car, matter of fact an Audi as everything else has been a CPO Volkswagen, and I never expected this from this brand.

    Sorry about what happened with your A4 as I don't know what I would have done if I was in your shoes.

  10. #10
    Registered Member Four Rings AUDIMAN33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 11 2014
    AZ Member #
    138724
    My Garage
    2014 Audi A4, Porsche Cayenne S, Mercedes Benz S430 4matic
    Location
    New York

    Quote Originally Posted by eurican View Post
    Good to know. I didn't know it was this bad with customer service but I now know first hand...The car is really nice, it's just too bad the dealership's service department has treated a new customer in this fashion. This is the first time I've purchased a brand new car, matter of fact an Audi as everything else has been a CPO Volkswagen, and I never expected this from this brand.

    Sorry about what happened with your A4 as I don't know what I would have done if I was in your shoes.
    It's the new norm, I never expected it either. Me my self coming from BMW where they laid out the red carpet, I never expected to be dragged through the mud that contains a bunch of snakes it for so much as a simple service, but hey that's the Audi way...
    Enjoy your new car its an amazing one, don't stress over this horrible company until it's time for service then you can stress lol.

    and Yes it was awful, and I lost it on them. They gave me what I wanted in the end, but it's trouble some.

    Just take note on how Audi didn't reply to on here. When they know you're mad they stop replying or don't reply at all. Or sometimes they will even delete you posts if you get under there skin enough.

  11. #11
    Active Member Two Rings PDXliam's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 14 2018
    AZ Member #
    418784
    Location
    PDX

    I purchased a 2018 Audi RS3 from Audi Wilsonville Oregon with 25 miles on it. There were some scuffs on the wheels and one of the belts in the tire had broken. I didnít notice it when I purchased it and called a couple days later and they replaced the tire and fixed the wheels. Maybe itís just the dealership that youíre dealing with, because I experienced excellent customer service.


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  12. #12
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    May 23 2018
    AZ Member #
    419330
    Location
    USA

    Quote Originally Posted by PDXliam View Post
    I purchased a 2018 Audi RS3 from Audi Wilsonville Oregon with 25 miles on it. There were some scuffs on the wheels and one of the belts in the tire had broken. I didnít notice it when I purchased it and called a couple days later and they replaced the tire and fixed the wheels. Maybe itís just the dealership that youíre dealing with, because I experienced excellent customer service.


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    That's what I believe should have been done in my case. I still believe they are sour with me for not purchasing the wheel/tire warranty from them...

  13. #13
    Active Member Two Rings heisnuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25 2017
    AZ Member #
    400063
    Location
    Oregon

    Quote Originally Posted by PDXliam View Post
    I purchased a 2018 Audi RS3 from Audi Wilsonville Oregon with 25 miles on it. There were some scuffs on the wheels and one of the belts in the tire had broken. I didnít notice it when I purchased it and called a couple days later and they replaced the tire and fixed the wheels. Maybe itís just the dealership that youíre dealing with, because I experienced excellent customer service.


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    I also have had excellent service from Audi Wilsonville. I have been in several times now with my new S5, and every time they have rolled out the red carpet for me (maybe that's just because my car is red ), they have always done a nice job on the service, and they have always delivered the car back to me with no damage at all (I ask them not to wash the car so that might help). Even when they are busy, I can always get an appointment within a few days and they always offer a loaner if they are going to need the car to stay.

    Before the S5 I had a 2005 Corvette that I bough new in 2005. If you want to talk about a frustrating service experience, my Chevy service stories will make all the stories listed in this thread look good by comparison.



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2018 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.