Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member Two Rings BuyTheWarranty's Avatar
    AZ Member #

2012 - 2015 Audi RS5 Launch Control RPM Limit

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Did some poking around and couldn't find anything on Audizine or similar forums. Does anyone know if there's a way to set the RPM range that the car launches at? I know with some tunes you can adjust it with the cruise control up/down dial but I don't think it works with a stock car.

When I first got the car, when I was playing around with it, it actually launched just under 8000RPM which ... was incredible ... but not something I'd like to do frequently (my car is stock). Each time after, it's been doing the standard 5500 RPM launch which is great! I found 2 videos on YouTube of the car doing a similar launch one of them here (I can't find the other one) but check it out 33 seconds in:

I know the car by default launches at 5500rpm but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with adjustments or the car launching at higher RPMS?

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

This guy has a launch at 8k rpm too, which is odd. I believe if you are launching at 8k and you feel pulling before releasing, you are in fact not using launch control as launch control adjusts the driveline too. Check with Vag-com users to see if it a field you can edit.

Veteran Member Four Rings JamesRS5's Avatar
    AZ Member #

That isnít launch control, to engage launch control you would deselect stability, select S on the shifter, foot on the brake and then fully depress the throttle.
    I accept a Stage II tuned S5 is quicker than an RS5
    Doug convinced me
    He's also the reason I don't come here much

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by altobeast View Post
    This guy has a launch at 8k rpm too, which is odd. I believe if you are launching at 8k and you feel pulling before releasing, you are in fact not using launch control as launch control adjusts the driveline too. Check with Vag-com users to see if it a field you can edit.
    This guy as in you? Did it only happen once?

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

No it was the video you posted. He didn't launch properly. meaning both your first time and his time on video, it wasn't a proper launch, either because you were only in sport ESC or because you had it in drive not sport transmission.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by altobeast View Post
    No it was the video you posted. He didn't launch properly. meaning both your first time and his time on video, it wasn't a proper launch, either because you were only in sport ESC or because you had it in drive not sport transmission.
    What do you mean by not a proper launch? It definitely launched, and all 4 wheels smoked for a good 20 feet :P

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by BuyTheWarranty View Post
    What do you mean by not a proper launch? It definitely launched, and all 4 wheels smoked for a good 20 feet :P
    It's a good launch, but not under launch control. Launch control is set at an RPM point (5K) at this point which optimizes wheelspin and longevity. Launching at 8k is also launching, but not under launch control, you are just redlining then launching rather than having the computer limit RPM to 5000, which is the stall speed of the torque converter, I believe.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

When all else fails, read the directions:
    https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...ual-Supplement
    2009 A4 cabriolet S-Line (B7) - Phantom Black Pearl (SOLD)
    Evolved into
    2013 S5 cabriolet

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by digitalchris View Post
    When all else fails, read the directions:
    https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...ual-Supplement
    Thanks, though I have no issue launching the car. Iím just curious why it launched at 7800rpm sometimes.

AZ Member #

Your forum user name should become apparent if you keep launching at the rev limiter.
    Doug convinced me

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by JamesRS5 View Post
    Your forum user name should become apparent if you keep launching at the rev limiter.
    If you read the original post I said it happened once and I wasnít sure why, this is why I was asking other members if they had any experience with this. I had also found videos of other folks launching it at higher rpms. Each time after it has launched at 5500rpm. Thanks for your ďinputĒ though...

AZ Member #

Hey donít be so sensitive, Iíve already given ďinputĒ above where I said you arenít launching it in launch mode or at least you havenít entered launch mode correctly if the car is on the 8250rpm rev limiter instead of the launch control rev hold of 5000rpm.
    Doug convinced me

Senior Member Two Rings jpenneck's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I tried it yesterday in my car, three times in a row, and it always revved to 5,500. What procedure are you using ? This is what I did:

1. Put the car in Sport mode
    2. Press the ESC button so it's in Sport mode, or ESC off. It doesn't matter which as far as I can tell.
    3. Press the brake pedal hard, to the floor.
    4. Press the throttle to the floor.
    5. Revs quickly build and then hold at 5,500.
    6. Release brake and keep the throttle to the floor.

WHOOSH!
    2013 RS5 - Sepang Blue, Alu-Optic, Black Alcantara, Nav, Sports Exhaust
    2012 Q5 - Ice Silver 2.0T, Premium+, Nav

Past:
    2012 S4 - Monsoon Gray, Prestige package, S-Tronic, Sports Diff
    2007 RS4 - Mugello Blue
    2000 S4 - Santorin Blue