Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Established Member Three Rings digdah's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Oh oh you are the second person to have an issue. Hopefully this does not become recurring like blowing turbos
    2013 S6 | Phantom Black Pearl | Innovation Package | BOSE + JL Audio Micro Sub| Milltek non-resonated catback |APR Stage 1 |Avant Garde M510

Veteran Member Three Rings bonafyd's Avatar
    AZ Member #

if it happens again i'm going back to stock.
    Bagged C7.5 aka FISHBOWL
    |Airlift Bags|Accuair E-Level|Endo-CVT|I-Level|Aluminum Mirror covers|Aspherical Mirrors|
    |AWE Touring Exhaust|RS7 Airbox|FlatBottom Wheel|S7 Wheels|S-Line Sport Pkg|LED Headlamps|
    |S6 Oem Trunk Spoiler|RS Pedals|S6 Diffuser|RS6 CT3 Carbon Fiber|

Veteran Member Three Rings widebodyfx's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 RS7-P

Someone else mentioned some LEDs being out on their sweep which looks to be the case for the outer edge on your passenger side light, is it like that all the time or random? I've been trying to remember to see if I can see the very edge and haven't noticed that.... yet.
    ///TWCompetition 2016 RS7

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by widebodyfx View Post
    Someone else mentioned some LEDs being out on their sweep which looks to be the case for the outer edge on your passenger side light, is it like that all the time or random? I've been trying to remember to see if I can see the very edge and haven't noticed that.... yet.
    That was me post #137 in this thread. i got a warranty set sent to me buy the seller on ebay.
    I'm just saying if this warranty set goes out then i'm going back to stock lights, the swap isn't horrible but i'm not gonna keep pulling my mirror cover every six months to swap lights.
    Bagged C7.5 aka FISHBOWL
    |Airlift Bags|Accuair E-Level|Endo-CVT|I-Level|Aluminum Mirror covers|Aspherical Mirrors|
    |AWE Touring Exhaust|RS7 Airbox|FlatBottom Wheel|S7 Wheels|S-Line Sport Pkg|LED Headlamps|

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 RS7-P

Doh!, sorry. Passenger side both times!

Veteran Member Four Rings Dasquade's Avatar
    AZ Member #

For what it is worth...the seller agreed and wants to compensate me by shipping me a new left mirror unit :). Lets hope it was a one of issue (i must admite and think i mentioned it here aswell, i did had noticed some condensation in that particular unit after the first time i washed the car...since then that unit had condensation in it :(....guess that caused the issue).
    Current S6 C7 avant 2013: estoril | ceramics | JD engineering stage 2 | LightVan no backseats | Milltek non-res valved X pipe | 034 trans-diff mount |CETE ASCv2 & EVC | FL tails & dynamic mirror signals | Thermo ZO coated catless DP | Custom HX cooler | RS6 c6 matt gunmetal 20" wheels | custom spoiler sideskirts diffuser | Maxton front lip | Armor heatshielded mani-turbo-dp | B&O led lens tweeters (replica) | Forge boost hoses | FIS mmi gauges
    In dev: R8GT steeringwheel | CWA100-3

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Took 2 months from Aliexpress but finally got them installed on my 7. Perfect fit with no modifications.

https://youtu.be/Uupq5MygHmk

Senior Member Three Rings SpectreGadget's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Swapped mine out yesterday. Not too hard, really. Saw one how-to that said one screw, but since the bezel is part of the top, then there's a bottom screw too. My new lights match the old in shape on the back side, so no problems getting them in. Putting the cap back on, just remember to pull down a bit on the bottom of the bezel to make sure it clears the button and snaps back in place.

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

My left one just went out mid strip and both have water in them.

Active Member Two Rings 36dbldz's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Lexus RX350, Audi A7

My wife ordered a set for me as she just looked at C7 rather than which car.....so if anyone wants to purchase them for A6 I have a set unopened PM me if interested or if you got The A7s I'll swap ]Screenshot_20190102-150837.jpegMVIMG_20190102_151019.jpegMVIMG_20190102_151057.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Audizine mobile app

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by 36dbldz View Post
    This module may be it
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F163114110886

Semi Hijack only because I had mentioned I was ordering these.

DON'T! They do not fit. The plugs are different and do not line up to the point where your tail light plug will have to be held to maintain connection. Basically the groves don't line up. Additionally, the delay was non-existent on my lights which was really disappointing. I was thinking it might be a difference in coding (US vs Euro) then naw...this is a dumb terminal that is supposed to just delay output from whatever is input. I tried both plugs and neither worked. Total GARBAGE - You have been warned.
    2013 S6 | Phantom Black Pearl | Innovation Package | BOSE + JL Audio Micro Sub| Milltek non-resonated catback |APR Stage 1 |Avant Garde M510

Active Member Two Rings 36dbldz's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Lexus RX350, Audi A7

Quote Originally Posted by digdah View Post

DON'T! They do not fit. The plugs are different and do not line up to the point where your tail light plug will have to be held to maintain connection. Basically the groves don't line up. Additionally, the delay was non-existent on my lights which was really disappointing. I was thinking it might be a difference in coding (US vs Euro) then naw...this is a dumb terminal that is supposed to just delay output from whatever is input. I tried both plugs and neither worked. Total GARBAGE - You have been warned.
    Good looking out....but they are on the way

AZ Member #

There's extra plugs, wires and different lights involved to get the sweeping effect.
    Bagged C7.5 aka FISHBOWL

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by bonafyd View Post
    There's extra plugs, wires and different lights involved to get the sweeping effect.
    It was discussed earlier in this thread but this was the cheap mans option where the outer light was to be delayed by a bit to give the illusion of a sweeping effect without buying new lenses and rewiring stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 36dbldz View Post
    Good looking out....but they are on the way

If you get yours to work do share. My seller told me they were for the interior lights and...uh...naw! I am working on a refund.

Senior Member Three Rings SeattleiteA6's Avatar
    AZ Member #

It was discussed earlier in this thread but this was the cheap mans option where the outer light was to be delayed by a bit to give the illusion of a sweeping effect without buying new lenses and rewiring stuff.

If you get yours to work do share. My seller told me they were for the interior lights and...uh...naw! I am working on a refund.
    Yeah that little delay module is the same they make for many Audi's - I got one for my RS5 e-codes from Alex@Europrice and it worked just fine. For the connectors, there is a little ridge/nub on the top of them that prevents it from plugging in - you just need to file that down and they should connect. I suspect these delay modules were made for the e-code connectors which have a slot for the little ridge.

However the bigger issue here is that if this is the only modification you're doing to your tail lights it will look really weird. the US lights don't separate the top turn signal strip from the brake light (on the outside light, as they share the same channel) so unless you have e-code lights the delay module will not look or work as intended.

The easy answer - dynamic ecode facelift-style tails that a few of us have got, it's my favorite mod to date (I haven't tuned yet). Hopefully the seller gets you that refund @digdah, put that money towards the full tail light set!
    Last edited by SeattleiteA6; 01-03-2019 at 08:46 AM.
    2014 S6 Phantom w Black Int & Carbon Atlas//B&O//Innovation//Driver Assist.//Black Optics//RS bumper+grille//Euro-spec Dynamic Tails//Carbon Diffuser w carbon tips//VCDS -15mm//Straight Pipes
    2013 Q7 3.0T S-Line Prestige//Lava Grey Pearl w Black Int//Tech Pkg//S-Line Plus Pkg//Black Optics// (Wife's)
    ====
    2013 RS5 Ibis w Black Int//TiOptics//B&O//e-code tails//x-pipe//vagcom tweaks//20" HRE FF01
    2012 A6 3.0T Prestige (SOLD)

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Got dynamic Turn Signal Indicator LED Taillight module from e-bay. Tried it on inner lights with same result as for the outer. It was not easy to get access to inner light connector. Tried both modules (in case one was defective), tried adjusting timing with the screw on both modules. same result. No dynamic effect, they just repeat. Good outcome - did not brake anything, learned how to remove inner light assembly on a trunk. Can someone provide solution that worked on US models and is below $100? After all it's just a delay module.

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Mine seem to work. Doesn't mean that I may have the LEDs fail at some point as others have. The plugs lined up but they didn't go in far enough for the tab to click but they still stay in place with a little tape.

https://youtu.be/oQd84nOGDXk
    RS-7 performance / Nardo / black RS7 blade wheels / carbon grille, wing, diffuser, mirrors / H&R / black logos / P3 gauge / euro dynamic tails
    3000GT VR-4 - Black - IPS TD05 EVOIII 16Gs etc...
    F-150 Harley Davidson

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by zhuk1 View Post
    Got dynamic Turn Signal Indicator LED Taillight module from e-bay. Tried it on inner lights with same result as for the outer. It was not easy to get access to inner light connector. Tried both modules (in case one was defective), tried adjusting timing with the screw on both modules. same result. No dynamic effect, they just repeat. Good outcome - did not brake anything, learned how to remove inner light assembly on a trunk. Can someone provide solution that worked on US models and is below $100? After all it's just a delay module.
    Did you also have issues getting the plugs to stay in place? I wonder if we need to have Euro/ROW coding for them to work...which my main brain says that does not make sense but my left is trying to figure out why none of ours are working in the USA. I am in the same boat as you where I do not want to spend $6-700 to change out the entire lenses but would just like these modules to work.

I also think we should start another thread about the modules cause we are causing confusion in here.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Good idea about new thread. Yes, I was able to connect and make it click and stay, just lifted the side that was not aligned with the ridge.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 RS7-P

Any of our Canadian guys know this shop? https://modfia.ca/

Some interesting mods but a few of their parts are available direct from Asian distribution marked up hella high. Unless these are some other kind of mirror blinker. https://modfia.ca/collections/a7-s7-...17545762668609

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by widebodyfx View Post
    Any of our Canadian guys know this shop? https://modfia.ca/

Some interesting mods but a few of their parts are available direct from Asian distribution marked up hella high. Unless these are some other kind of mirror blinker. https://modfia.ca/collections/a7-s7-...17545762668609
    I just looked at the site.. they're nuts!!
    Bagged C7.5 aka FISHBOWL

Active Member Two Rings greatgretsch's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Markups aside, a tidy assembly of decent mods for those willing to pay for convenience. Using the sweeping mirror indicators as a benchmark - double+ what you can source for online.
    Can't figure out where they aRe located in Canada

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Audizine mobile app

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Anybody seen this set of mirror turn signals? Looks more white then smoked. So the signal should be brighter from rear view.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dynamic-Flo...bdf5%7Ciid%3A1

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345