Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Senior Member Three Rings guy013's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Barritia View Post
    Yes your stock signals are different than mine. Mine have the same connection as the dynamic signals
    damn
    C7 A6 3.0T, APR Stage 2+

VBOX verified times:
    0-60mph 3.63s
    1/4 mile 12.22s @112.4mph

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Yep, my stock signals are different than yours also. Strange thing for Audi to do. I imagine there are no extra wire connectors for optional items? It would be so much easier for Audi to use the same wiring to the mirror for all or none of the options, including using the same signal light. Here is the back of my stock light.

Signal.jpg

Senior Member Three Rings guy013's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Found the problem. There’s 2 versions. One for pre-2012 cars

4G5949101B Is the part number. Mine doesn’t have the “B” at the end. Not sure why they changed it but looks like I’ll be cutting and soldering to fit
    C7 A6 3.0T, APR Stage 2+

VBOX verified times:
    0-60mph 3.63s
    1/4 mile 12.22s @112.4mph

Established Member Two Rings Nully's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I just finished the driver side install and for those that wanted to see if there is difference in brightness to OEM here is a comparison: (there is none that I can tell).

I am a little concerned about how it seals and potential for water to get in. I'm going to stop by the hardware store tomorrow and pick up some foamy rubber seals (or whatever they are called). The OEM version had them on.

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Ans still no options for the A7 series ?
    Dang:-))
    |A7|3.0|TFSI|B&O|NightVision|HeadsUp|Led Headlights|

Veteran Member Four Rings BenMTL's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Soft View Post
    Ans still no options for the A7 series ?
    Dang:-))
    No.

1) A7 and A6 mirrors are different (A7 are bigger)

2) There is no similar A7 kit for sale anywhere, I checked
    Race: 2006 A4 2.0 T / Quattro + 6 Speed / JHM Stage 2 93 w/HPFP / Custom 3" Turbo back exhaust / AWE Boost Gauge / JHM Short Shifter + Intercooler / White CF Trim / S4 Door Blades / DTM Conversion / RS4 RSB / HFC

Daily: 2012 Audi A7 3.0 TDI / Twin Turbo / True Sline / Quattro + 8 Speed ZF / HUD + ACC + Sunroof / APR Stage 1 / Eurocode Alu Kreuz + Mounts / 034 RSB

AZ Member #

There was a vast difference on Brightness of mine. Not so much when in the dark but in the day time I couldn’t see the stock ones hardly at all but the new ones were much more visable.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I wouldn't worry too much about the way it seals as long as the gaps is same with stock lights (front side). Its designed for water to get in. When you wash your car, tons of water gets in from the mirror side. Water just drains out.

AZ Member #

I was hoping that someone was monitoring this threads, and decided to make it for the 7 series as well :-)
    |A7|3.0|TFSI|B&O|NightVision|HeadsUp|Led Headlights|

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Ordered for ~$70 shipped and installed them after cutting of the “bump” and gluing the hole. Mirror housing disassembly/assembly was a bit challenging and nervous especially for the first mirror (at some point even had second thoughts about the project).
    At the end everything works and fits perfectly. Do not forget to straighten the contacts on the part.
    After all I am not sure that money, effort and risk of breaking something is worth amusing other drivers on the road since new option cannot be enjoyed from inside the vehicle.

Veteran Member Four Rings Dasquade's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by zhuk1 View Post
    Ordered for ~$70 shipped and installed them after cutting of the “bump” and gluing the hole. Mirror housing disassembly/assembly was a bit challenging and nervous especially for the first mirror (at some point even had second thoughts about the project).
    At the end everything works and fits perfectly. Do not forget to straighten the contacts on the part.
    After all I am not sure that money, effort and risk of breaking something is worth amusing other drivers on the road since new option cannot be enjoyed from inside the vehicle.
    Understand especially you only see it when you close/open the car but a little nice upgrade imho :). Indeed the disassembly/assembly is a bit nerverecking but in the end it is a nice mod.
    Current S6 C7 avant 2013: estoril | ceramics | JD engineering stage 2 | LightVan no backseats | Milltek non-res valved | 034 trans-diff mount |CETE ASCv2 & EVC | FL dynamic tails & dynamic mirror signals | Thermo ZO coated catless DP | Custom HX cooler (JD) | RS6 c6 matt gunmetal 20" wheels | custom spoiler sideskirts diffuser | Maxton front lip | Armor heatshielded mani-turbo-dp | B&O led lens tweeters (replica) | Forge boost hoses
    In dev: R8GT steeringwheel | FIS mmi gauges

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234