Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Veteran Member Four Rings KRp220's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by brs2c View Post
    If they had it in 304, and it was 2.5 all the way-I would take the plunge and then Id throw in a magnaflow 11386 way up front to combat test pipe noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine
    you could always replicate the design in 304 and 2.5"... and doesnt is already have something that is similar to the 11386 upfront?
    CURRENT 2013 S4 // ESTORIL BLUE // 6MT // RS BUMPER // GIAC STG 2+ 3.2 PR // FORGE CC // AWE TOURING // ROC EURO // KW HAS // BC FORGED HCA381-F // PSS 265/30/20 // AK // 034 MOUNTS // SB STAGE 3 CLUTCH // CR 15
    + tints, sports diff, j-codes, Akebono pads, SS clutch line...
    GONE 2010 S4 // QUARTZ GREY // 6MT // GIAC STG2 // AWE TRACK // ROC EURO // 034 TRANS MOUNT // H&R OE's // AG M610 FF 19x8.5 // + random stuff

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Aiserock View Post

I'm concerned about longevity of the exhaust being that it's made out of a ferritic stainless (409, 429 etc,) instead of an austenitic (304, 316). Less alloying elements bring the cost down though. I wonder if they'd make it out of 304/316 as an option.
    That is interesting that they chose T409 since they are based in Canada, the land of harsh winters, although I could easily see the cost of a full 304 system to be $1000 more.

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2008 Gsxr 600 track beast

Pre-orders are out for shipment today!!!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie1060 View Post

Nice! In for some reviews.
    2014 S4: EPL Stage 2 + TCU | ECS Intake | CR15 | 034Motorsport RSB | ECS Trans/Diff Inserts | Mr. Spectacular's 10" Subwoofer Box w/10w6

Established Member Three Rings brs2c's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by KRp220 View Post
    you could always replicate the design in 304 and 2.5"... and doesn't is already have something that is similar to the 11386 upfront?
    Their adjustable helmholtz is brilliant, and I would love to give them money for their great idea, but it just doesn't check 2 big boxes for me. So, I probably am going to replicate it (maybe just buy an AWE track that someone got sick of, and have a shop weld the helmholtz on, and drop the 11386 up front). You could be right on the 11386, but I am not sure if their forward placed muffler is an X pipe, or just a dual straight through muffler.
    2013 S4, Monsoon Grey, DSG, B&O, Sport Diff, Nappa || Custom 3.5" Velocity Stack Intake, EPL Stage 2+, Fluidampr 183mm CP, EPL TCU, AMS Alpha Cooler || VMR V804's (19x9.5 et45), ECS 2-piece Rotors, Stainless Lines, 034 SB, 034 inserts.

Senior Member Three Rings ModItNow's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Acura RDX

I only live about an hour and a half away from you. I would love to hear it in person!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Audizine mobile app

AZ Member #

Their adjustable helmholtz is brilliant, and I would love to give them money for their great idea, but it just doesn't check 2 big boxes for me. So, I probably am going to replicate it (maybe just buy an AWE track that someone got sick of, and have a shop weld the helmholtz on, and drop the 11386 up front). You could be right on the 11386, but I am not sure if their forward placed muffler is an X pipe, or just a dual straight through muffler.
    agreed on buying the AWE track rear section and having something fabbed up

i also reached out to Polo to see if they would sell JUST the rear section so i could mate it to the rear portion of my AWE system. i have not heard back depsite expressing some interest in the whole system too
    CURRENT 2013 S4 // ESTORIL BLUE // 6MT // RS BUMPER // GIAC STG 2+ 3.2 PR // FORGE CC // AWE TOURING // ROC EURO // KW HAS // BC FORGED HCA381-F // PSS 265/30/20 // AK // 034 MOUNTS // SB STAGE 3 CLUTCH // CR 15
    GONE 2010 S4 // QUARTZ GREY // 6MT // GIAC STG2 // AWE TRACK // ROC EURO // 034 TRANS MOUNT // H&R OE's // AG M610 FF 19x8.5 // + random stuff

Veteran Member Three Rings Jester2893's Avatar
    AZ Member #

The helmholtz can be placed anywhere in the exhaust system to function. If you google the technology there is some information on placement, size etc. These can be as simple as a 90 right off the exhaust somewhere, these adjustable ones are just a sliding capped pipe that adjusts the length. If you do the calculation the adjustments technically are not necessary.

Additionally, I think if someone was going to retro this putting them up stream of the system in the downpipes might be more beneficial to mitigate the rasp we get with test pipes due to the elimination of high pitched frequencies.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Jester2893 View Post
    If you do the calculation the adjustments technically are not necessary.

Additionally, I think if someone was going to retro this putting them up stream of the system in the downpipes might be more beneficial to mitigate the rasp we get with test pipes due to the elimination of high pitched frequencies.

The calculations that I saw for the helmholtz were extremely complex from the different densities of the metal, manifold distances, velocity calculations, etc. I was discouraged by the equation I saw (maybe there is a simpler version?). The fact that Polo is having you adjust theirs in 1/4" increments tells me that it is pretty specific. Long tube headers vs test pipes will even require an adjustment for optimization.

You raise a very interesting point about the placement. It looks like one could place the helmoltz tubes anywhere around that first muffler/X-pipe, and run it towards the rear of the car. This may be significantly better for drone/rasp.
    2013 S4, Monsoon Grey, DSG, B&O, Sport Diff, Nappa || Custom 3.5" Velocity Stack Intake, EPL Stage 2+, Fluidampr 183mm CP, EPL TCU, AMS Alpha Cooler || VMR V804's (19x9.5 et45), ECS 2-piece Rotors, Stainless Lines, 034 SB, 034 inserts.

AZ Member #

The calculations that I saw for the helmholtz were extremely complex from the different densities of the metal, manifold distances, velocity calculations, etc. I was discouraged by the equation I saw (maybe there is a simpler version?). The fact that Polo is having you adjust theirs in 1/4" increments tells me that it is pretty specific. Long tube headers vs test pipes will even require an adjustment for optimization.

You raise a very interesting point about the placement. It looks like one could place the helmoltz tubes anywhere around that first muffler/X-pipe, and run it towards the rear of the car. This may be significantly better for drone/rasp.
    The calculations are not easy by any means, which is why Im positive that the Polo Exhaust uses the adjustable system to combat this equation. I disagree with it being specific, because to me its a piece of tube that slides in and out and can be clamped at various lengths in order to be specific to user (which is a very good way to make this universal).

I agree with that point, Id love to see this system utilized up by a resonated x pipe towards the down pipes and utilize the adjustable pipes the same way to combat different resonated frequencies.

It would be something to look into and seemly easy to integrate if there is space to place them around there.

Established Member Two Rings juniorcruzer's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2007 Suburban

I suspect they made it adjustable to account for the many variables that folks would likely be running with their exhaust system. Stock down pipes with cats, gutted cats, test pipes, headers, etc.. so on and so forth...then you can tune the drone out as you continue to mod/tweak the car. Pretty damn smart if you ask me.

Jon
    2010 S4 3.0T, chipwerks stage I
    2010 A6 3.0T, APR Stage 2+, Roc Euro Intake, VMR V710 18x9.5 HyperSilver, 30% tint, A3 clear marker lights, LED Reverse lights, RS6 Grill

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ModItNow View Post
    I only live about an hour and a half away from you. I would love to hear it in person!

Where do you live?

Senior Member Three Rings ModItNow's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Acura RDX

Where do you live?

Napa

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage

Got my tracking # today.

Will have the exhaust by 7/25/18.

Of course I'll be traveling for work at that time, so install will have to wait for Saturday the 28th!!!

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    eS-4

JUST GOT MINE ON!!!
    ZERO DRONE LITERALLY!!
    MORE QUITE AT IDLE THAN my old non resonated xpipe to stock mufflers!!
    cruisin at 2500rpms has a hella nice v8 pulsey sound.
    past 3k rpms ZERO RASPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP it just goes BRAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUGH!

trying to use windows movie maker to upload but doesnt accept mp4.... what else can i use quick???

Established Member Two Rings Matthew_VA's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I ordered mine earlier this week. Can't wait to get it and install it!
    2012 S4 / Phantom Black Pearl Effect / Sports Diff / Carbon Atlas Trim / MMI / Fine Nappa Leather / B&O / 19" Peelers
    Mods: CR-15 / 034 Motorsport Inlet Hose / aFe Pro Dry Air Filter / Modified air box / 034 Motorsport Trans Mount Insert / X-Brace / Stoptech Slotted Cryo Rotors / Hawk HPS 5.0 / Chipwerke Pro Stage I / Polo Performance exhaust / Macan 4-piston brembo calipers / Macan cooling ducts & shields

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh.S4 View Post
    JUST GOT MINE ON!!!
    ZERO DRONE LITERALLY!!
    past 3k rpms ZERO RASPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP it just goes BRAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUGH!

trying to use windows movie maker to upload but doesnt accept mp4.... what else can i use quick???
    Fresh are you stock?

I got mine on yesterday and the thing is INSANELY AMAZING. Just such a good, deep, aggressive throaty growl.

I'm tuned and intake and getting some drone on the freeway. Gonna put a few hundred miles on it and adjust the rear tail pipe section.

AZ Member #

Price jumped to $1,650 already?

Sent from my
    2018 SQ5 - Daytona, Prestige

*Sold*2011 S4 - EPL Dual Pulley + TCU - 20" BBS LM - Bilstein B12 - APR RSC Exhaust
    Deval CF Diffuser - Maxton Splitter - USP Intake - MercRacing HE - CR15 -AutoTech HPFP

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

only black tips are $1650 right now

- - - Updated - - -

Can you guys take a video by any chance?

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2001 BMW R1200C, 2001 SeaPro w/115 OP

In case nobody has come across this yet
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNPKDX64rRM
    '15 S4 | Sepang | Black Optic | B/L Alcantara | CF Inlays | Flowers | Sport Diff | Tech Package | B&O | Alu Kreuz | CR-15 | 034 Stage 1, rear sway & Full inserts | ECS Kohlefaser Luft-Technik |

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    1984 Audi 4000S Quattro, 1989 Toyota MR2 SC, 1960 Alfa Spider

Quote Originally Posted by Helmet165 View Post
    Sounds pretty aggressive. If I was 20 years younger, i would probably want one.

Veteran Member Three Rings TomyG's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Mo vids pls!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Audizine mobile app
    11' Brilliant S4

01.5 Laser S4 SOLD

flickr
    |||

Senior Member Three Rings Rodizzle's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Anyone running these on a Catless/headers set up ? Id imagine it would change the beauty of the polo sound frequency

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

I unplugged my soundaktor this weekend (or disabled it with carista whatever). I love how the OEM exhaust is completely silent at 75mph cruising.

My gti had catless eurojet TBE and droned like a mofo, makes me scared to go aftermarket. I'm 25 and want a loud car though, just refined on the highway

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Helmet165 View Post
    Though completely off-topic...

The wheel/tire setup on that car looks ridiculous.

AZ Member #

Ernie and Fresh- Did you guys see which parts of the exhaust have a diameter of 2.25" and which were 2.5"?

Also, during your transactions, did you ever actually get to talk to a human being or receive and email from one. There does not seem to be any contact info on their site, and their FB goes nowhere.

Established Member Two Rings Aiserock's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh.S4 View Post
    JUST GOT MINE ON!!!
    ZERO DRONE LITERALLY!!

DSG?

nvm: I saw your other post and noticed you're manual.
    Last edited by Aiserock; 08-01-2018 at 11:12 AM.
    2014 S4 Prestige; CR-15 | Moog End Links | 034 Cross Brace | 034 Rear Sway Bar | EPL Stage 2 & TCU | AMS Alpha HX

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

I wish this was made for the b8.5 s5. Anyone have Bruno's contact info so i can reach out to him? I didn't see anything on their site.

Thanks!

AZ Member #

Ernie and Fresh- Did you guys see which parts of the exhaust have a diameter of 2.25" and which were 2.5"?

Also, during your transactions, did you ever actually get to talk to a human being or receive and email from one. There does not seem to be any contact info on their site, and their FB goes nowhere.
    email is poloperformce77@gmail.com
    i reached out twice with no reply

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by KRp220; 07-31-2018 at 12:02 PM.

Established Member Two Rings Matthew_VA's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I DM'd him on facebook and he was responsive and answered all my questions.
    2012 S4 / Phantom Black Pearl Effect / Sports Diff / Carbon Atlas Trim / MMI / Fine Nappa Leather / B&O / 19" Peelers
    Mods: CR-15 / 034 Motorsport Inlet Hose / aFe Pro Dry Air Filter / Modified air box / 034 Motorsport Trans Mount Insert / X-Brace / Stoptech Slotted Cryo Rotors / Hawk HPS 5.0 / Chipwerke Pro Stage I / Polo Performance exhaust / Macan 4-piston brembo calipers / Macan cooling ducts & shields

AZ Member #

All is 2.25

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_VA View Post
    I DM'd him on facebook and he was responsive and answered all my questions.
    This is the FB link on their site, and it says content is not available https://www.facebook.com/poloperformance .

All is 2.25
    That sucks- I was hoping that one could get it in 2.5" if wanted (their website lists it ambiguously)... Heck at $1,650, the AWE touring now seems like a good buy for $100ish more, since they are using much higher quality steel and larger piping...still a cool idea and good sound

AZ Member #

This is the FB link on their site, and it says content is not available https://www.facebook.com/poloperformance .

That sucks- I was hoping that one could get it in 2.5" if wanted (their website lists it ambiguously)... Heck at $1,650, the AWE touring now seems like a good buy for $100ish more, since they are using much higher quality steel and larger piping...still a cool idea and good sound
    If you want this exhaust in 2.5 I would try to go through the Solo Performance which is the actual maker of the exhaust. They clearly already have the template, so they may be able to set something up in 2.5.

AZ Member #

If you want this exhaust in 2.5 I would try to go through the Solo Performance which is the actual maker of the exhaust. They clearly already have the template, so they may be able to set something up in 2.5. Audizine
    This great information! Thanks, man!

Looks like they are using the STL-51 for the center muffler, so it is a chambered muffler and NOT straight through https://solo-performance.com/stealth-muffler-series
    Last edited by brs2c; 07-31-2018 at 01:53 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123