Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Help: 20x10.5 ET30 285/35/20

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hi,

I bought a set Ispiri FFR1 20x10.5 ET30 set rims last week and the guy who sold me has put 285/35/20 Michellin PS4+ tires on it because I wanted comfort and sidewalk save for the rims.

Now I have mounted the set yesterday and today I drove with 1 friend on rear seat and some bumps and corners the rear tires are touching the car. I'm riding on original springs but I have a AccuAir airride set from my old A4 that I would like to mount next month on my A5.

What do you guys say, do I need to change the tire to 285/30/20 or 275/30/20 and the problem is gone?

Thanks!

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Some pics

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Hey there, not sure how different the wheel wells are between the Sportback and Coupe but here's my 2014 A5. I'm bagged as well with very similar specs... this is 20x10.5 +27 so 3mm extended further than your setup. I am running 275/30/20 tires and I do not experience rubbing to the extent you described. I only rubbed at my ride height once, and that was pulling into a parking lot with the wheel turned. As the suspension compressed, the tire touched the fender for a second. No harm done. I should have aired up though. :)

Here's some pictures aired out and at ride height. I think you'll definitely be happier with the smaller tire size with bags as well, as it will allow you to get the car a bit lower.

I also have a slightly lower highway ride height that I use as well and no rubbing there either. Fenders are not rolled or pulled in any way. All fender liners are still in as well.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I've had it bagged for about a month now.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by h3rwig View Post
    Hey there, no...
    It looks good! It's a hard decission. I just called with the company that sold me the wheels and the guy says I can come back to change tires to 275/30 or 285/30 without any extra costs so that is good. He just needs to know what I now want. The 275/30 looks good but I also read a lot about 285/30 fitting on 20x10.5 with lowered A5 without problems.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by dweep View Post
    It looks good! It's a hard decission. I just called with the company that sold me the wheels and the guy says I can come back to change tires to 275/30 or 285/30 without any extra costs so that is good. He just needs to know what I now want. The 275/30 looks good but I also read a lot about 285/30 fitting on 20x10.5 with lowered A5 without problems.
    Yeah, the 275/30 is a slight stretch. VERY, minor, but still a stretch. I think you'd be happier with 285/30 as it would pretty much eliminate the stretch completely.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Yeah, the 275/30 is a slight stretch. VERY, minor, but still a stretch. I think you'd be happier with 285/30 as it would pretty much eliminate the stretch completely.
    But will it fit on my bagged Audi with all air out haha

AZ Member #

But will it fit on my bagged Audi with all air out haha
    It should be fine. It's not a huge difference. Here's another shot of the fitment with my setup...

You'll have a little more tire than that width wise, but shouldn't be an issue.

Established Member Four Rings Ape Factory's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    RS5/Infiniti QX70S stormtrooper/Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 10th Anniversary

dweep, you'll have to run more negative camber for those to tuck in as there's quite a bit of poke in your setup. h3rwig, what sort of camber numbers do you have front and rear?

The PS4's are also a bit more square than the older supersports in the same size. The guy who bought my last car just switched from the PSS that were on it to the PS4 and got some rubbing. Same size tire.
    2013 Audi RS5 Misano Red, 20x10 Klassen ID M10/JHM Stage 1 ECU Tune/AWE Tuning Touring Exhaust/Eventuri Intake/Bilstein PSS10/H&R Sways/STERN Upper Control Arms/CR-15 reinforcement bar/ECS Stainless Steel Brake Lines/Apikol Rear Diff Bushing/ECS rear diff inserts/ECS front end links/034 Motorsports subframe inserts/034 Rear End Links/Tranny insert/E-code head & tail lights/Black Lip Spoiler, Red Trim Start Button, black emblems/VCDS.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

On dutch audiforum they say I even need 265/30, but I think I will run the PilotSport 4s 275/30

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Ape Factory View Post
    dweep, you'll have to run more negative camber for those to tuck in as there's quite a bit of poke in your setup. h3rwig, what sort of camber numbers do you have front and rear?

The PS4's are also a bit more square than the older supersports in the same size. The guy who bought my last car just switched from the PSS that were on it to the PS4 and got some rubbing. Same size tire.
    You need more negative camber in the front than the rear on these cars when bagged. Anyway, I don't have the exact read-off on camber when aired out... it's pretty significant though. I would argue about -7 or -8 degrees in the front. That's just natural on bagged cars though. As you lower a car, more negative camber is introduced regardless.

On dutch audiforum they say I even need 265/30, but I think I will run the PilotSport 4s 275/30
    Like I said, it's 275/30/20 on my setup. 265/30 is going to be a bit of a stretch. I think you'll be happier with the 275 and then you can mess with fitment from there once bagged.

Veteran Member Four Rings JamesRS5's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Something looks odd, you sure those are ET30?

Im on a 21 10.5 ET30 with 295 tires and have no issues with rubbing.

Try having the camber set to maximum negative but within factory tolerance, that may be enough to cure the rubbing.
    I accept a Stage II tuned S5 is quicker than an RS5
    Doug convinced me
    He's also the reason I don't come here much

Senior Member Three Rings boostinfd's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 RS5

Those tires look like they are 35, not 30. They look so tall... Could be pics only.
    2013 BMW M3 - Individual Frozen White - FOR SALE LINK
    2013 Audi RS5

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

You need more negative camber in the front than the rear on these cars when bagged. Anyway, I don't have the exact read-off on camber when aired out... it's pretty significant though. I would argue about -7 or -8 degrees in the front. That's just natural on bagged cars though. As you lower a car, more negative camber is introduced regardless.

Like I said, it's 275/30/20 on my setup. 265/30 is going to be a bit of a stretch. I think you'll be happier with the 275 and then you can mess with fitment from there once bagged.
    I ordered the 275/30/20, thanks! :D

Quote Originally Posted by JamesRS5 View Post
    Something looks odd, you sure those are ET30?

Im on a 21 10.5 ET30 with 295 tires and have no issues with rubbing.

Try having the camber set to maximum negative but within factory tolerance, that may be enough to cure the rubbing.
    Yes but tires are really big balloons

Quote Originally Posted by boostinfd View Post
    Those tires look like they are 35, not 30. They look so tall... Could be pics only.
    Yes as in topic start said tires are 35 height

Senior Member Three Rings boostinfd's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013 RS5

AH sorry... I missed that. Then yeah... with 30 you'll have no issues with rubbing.
    2013 BMW M3 - Individual Frozen White - FOR SALE LINK
    2013 Audi RS5

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Subaru TriBeCa (Wife's DD), B6 A4 (son's DD). B6 A4 Ultra Sport (other son's DD)

Good call on going 275/30. I am running 20x10.5 ET27 with 275/30. I am on KW V3s and have no rubbing issues.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk