Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Senior Member Three Rings lv2000's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Current. 2018 s6 prestige Past-997 turbo/ Audi S7 /13 A6 /b8 s4 /b8.5 s4 /b6 s4
    Items for Sale

Audi connect thru at&t

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I have had the free trial ending on my car since itís only 6months old itís expiring this week. In may I went to audi dealer and they looked at my sim not registering they tried a ďshop simĒthat didnít fix anything and my b&o tweeters will randomly stay up they think my DSP amp is at fault but nothing is fixed yet. my question is I havenít had audi connect since day 1 and I asked audi to extend my trial as I never got to enjoy it they said to sign up for the ďdiscount price ď to continue the service I donít want to scam the system but I would like to use the service for at least a month to see if itís something I will want to keep whatís your advice on audi connect ?

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

On my 18 S7 itís 3 megabit lol. Trash! With 1 bar my cellular is faster. The limited browsing is also trash. Itís 2018, i canít find a use for in car internet unless you have a massive screen like tesla. Most cellular hotspots are faster.

Senior Member Three Rings lv2000's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Current. 2018 s6 prestige Past-997 turbo/ Audi S7 /13 A6 /b8 s4 /b8.5 s4 /b6 s4
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by blinx9900 View Post
    On my 18 S7 itís 3 megabit lol. Trash! With 1 bar my cellular is faster. The limited browsing is also trash. Itís 2018, i canít find a use for in car internet unless you have a massive screen like tesla. Most cellular hotspots are faster.

My 2014 s7 and 15 rs7 was a joke on t mobile I thought the facelift was better my car is a 2018 and if itís like my prior c7 cars I rather just leave it and not waste money a month on a slow unstable system.

Veteran Member Four Rings rayray's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2017 Q7

Unless you have kids with wifi needing electronics or can not live without the Google Maps overlay, do not waste your money. The only reason I still have it connected in my '12 A6 is because it is an extra line on my AT&T account at no charge and there is no Prime/Plus to deal with...just the original Audi Connect without additional fees.
    2012 A6 3.0T Prestige | Phantom Black Pearl on Black | Innovation Pkg | 20" Sport Pkg
    2017 Q7 3.0T Prestige | Ink Blue Metallic on Nougat Brown | Driver Assistance Pkg | 21"RS Wheels | Towing Pkg

Senior Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2012 A6 3.0T Prestige + others
    Items for Sale

I use freedom pop, so itís free
    - Michael
    2012 A6 3.0T Prestige: GIAC S2 / Injen Intake / Deval rear diffuser / OEM muffler mod (Quad Tips + X-Pipe) / Eurocode drivetrain inserts / 034 Swaybar / Volk wheels / KW V1/ RS front grill / Carbon trunk spoiler / Carbon mirror / Stoptech rotors.

Muffler Tips for sale: http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...-tips-for-sale

Active Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

The Wi-Fi works great on my 2018, but it's hardly worth paying for AudiConnect. Mine is also about to expire, or maybe already expired. As mentioned, it's mostly crap. I used google maps to download destinations, but you have to have internet to recall them. And cannot download a custom map; just a destination. So no way I'd pay even 10 bucks to extend it. Sometimes the car has better reception than our iPhones, but with unlimited data it's not really necessary. As mentioned, you can just insert any data only SIM card and you could have Wi-Fi, and possibly google earth, but not be able to download destinations to the car, or store car's location, or any other AudiConnect such service... that I never used. Not missing much, brother. Oh, and I also couldn't use it for months because it was blocked (not even Audi knew how to fix it, but turns out you just turn the data module back on from the phone menu), and Audi didn't extend even one day, so doubt even more you'd be successful when it was operational on your car. Good luck.
    2018 S6 mythos black/black; S sport package, driver assistance package, 20" black optic package, carbon atlas, Audi rings, all-weather mats, 35/20% tint

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Audi connect is worthless crap.

There is nothing it does that's useful that you can't do with your smartphone other than I think it locks and unlocks your car. The price is way too expensive relative to the features is provides.
    2014 Audi RS7 Phantom Black
    (previous cars)
    2014 Jeep SRT
    2011 CTSV Coupe
    2011 300 SRT
    2006 Magnum SRT
    2004 Neon SRT