Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

LF BPG 2.0 tfsi engine for 2006 a4 Quattro 6MT

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Looking for an engine for my 2006, preferably under 150k km. Located in Alberta, Canada. GTA area may also work

May have a handle on a crashed GTI 2.0 tfsi up here, does anyone know what engine codes will fit directly into the A4? So far all I know is BPG AND BPY

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Established Member Three Rings funkypterodacty's Avatar
    AZ Member #

BWT will also work

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by funkypterodacty View Post
    BWT will also work
    Thanks for the info

Senior Member Four Rings james12lucy's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    North America's only B7 Chump Car. 2006 2.0T A4, fully gutted, custom Loose Stones Racing Roll Cage,

Just make sure it isn't a tiptronic engine. The crankshafts are different than the manual and auto cranks.

You'll also want to swap all of the accessories, including sensors. I have a built BPG from a GTI in my endurance car. I swapped everything, including oil pickup and pan because they won't clear the crossmember. The mounts will need to be swapped as well as the majority of the coolant piping. In all honesty, get it to a bare long block and start adding your parts back. It's likely easiest that way.

I hope this helps.
    B7 Avant, 6MT, Quattro - Brilliant Black: JHM 93 Octane Stage 2 tune, APR HPFP, S3 Injectors, JHM Test Pipe, Stasis Catback, R8 coils, 034 TIP, Custom CIA, 18" VMR 710, Podi Digital Boost Gauge, RS4 rear sway bar, RS4 grill, Eurojet Billet VC, 42DD catch can, Ohlins SL Coilovers w/ Hyperco springs, OEM Bi-Xenon retrofit, GFB DV+, Brembo 18z.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by james12lucy View Post
    Just make sure it isn't a tiptronic engine. The crankshafts are different than the manual and auto cranks.

You'll also want to swap all of the accessories, including sensors. I have a built BPG from a GTI in my endurance car. I swapped everything, including oil pickup and pan because they won't clear the crossmember. The mounts will need to be swapped as well as the majority of the coolant piping. In all honesty, get it to a bare long block and start adding your parts back. It's likely easiest that way.

I hope this helps.
    I thought that the auto and manual cranks were different, thanks for clarifying that it's actually only the tiptronic that are different. I found a local a4 motor from a manual with 95k km for $2500 Canadian, that's the best I've found so far. I might take that and rebuild mine for my Corrado.