Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2011 S5 Quartz Gray Cab

Text Color Change in MMI

I am on the hunt to see if anyone has ever changed the text colors in the mmi screens via vagcom? I really hate the orange text color they use and was curious if you knew anyone that has coded it out somehow. It would be awesome if it were white and red...one can dream? Anyway thanks for the help in advance.

Best,

Sid
    Keep Deep Sea Alive!
    Deep Sea Diver Veteran 🇺🇸
    Instagram S5_SID
    2011 S5 Cabriolet • Quartz Gray Metallic • 3.0T •B&O•Sport Seats• Peelers•Carbon Inlays•Mods to come...

Veteran Member Four Rings Gunnark100's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Forget.
    Retrofits: FL taillights / MMI 3G & 3G+(Street view incl.)/ Color Cluster & FL S5 Cluster/ BiXenon/ ADS Lite
    Other: ECU Tune/ VCDS Tweaks/ FL Gearknob/ Soundproofing/ Interior 6D Carbon Wrap/ Rieger Rep Front Bumper Valance/ Basic sound(8) upgrade to "ASS"(9+1) + B/O Sub(in sidepanel)/Tweeters + Activsub/ Efficiency Prog via Cluster & Gateway flash/ Sideskirts/ Window Tint/ Wsp Peeler reps/ License plate & Interior leds

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2011 S5 Quartz Gray Cab

Probably a no then?
    Keep Deep Sea Alive!
    Instagram S5_SID
    2011 S5 Cabriolet • Quartz Gray Metallic • 3.0T •B&O•Sport Seats• Peelers•Carbon Inlays•Mods to come...

Veteran Member Four Rings airjordan223's Avatar
    AZ Member #

YES THIS.

Someone please find a way. Everything else on the interior is red and white, and then they have orange for all the audio screens

2013 S4 | B&O | Sport Diff | Magma Red | DSG | LED Fogs
    2002 A4 3.0 Quattro | 17" BBS RK | ST Coilovers | LED DRLs | Hardwired V1 | Alpine 12" Type R | Pioneer 800W Amp | eDead 80 | Dice iPod Integration | Power Slot Rotors | Hawk HPS Pads SOLD

Senior Member Three Rings wangshuo1989's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I ran a bash script on my car to list all the file names and dump them into a file on my sd card. Unfortunately I didn't find any config related to this.. I guess those a just hard coded and gets compiled to the firmware. Maybe someone with more experience might know where to look for.
    2013 S5 Misano Red, DSG, B&O, Sport Diff, MMI+
    2018 XC90 Inscription, B&W sound, Convenience Pkg, Air suspension

Veteran Member Three Rings Dorny1's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2010 Audi A4

honestly if someone was able to pull these files, maybe a few of us with coding experience could modify the screens. Maybe add in what I've always wanted and many cars have which is a display of common gauges. I mean MMI should in theory be able to pull that info from the ECU from what I would assume.
    2010 Audi S4 GIAC Stage I, H&R Sport springs/Koni Yellows, USP Intake, AWE Track exhaust.
    (SOLD) 2001.5 Audi S4 Stage III

"I love my mullet exhaust...Quiet in the front, Loud in the back"

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2011 S5 Quartz Gray Cab

Quote Originally Posted by airjordan223 View Post
    YES THIS.

Someone please find a way. Everything else on the interior is red and white, and then they have orange for all the audio screens
    It honestly bugs me so much! If you just leave it on car then it will be red...but doesn’t fix the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorny1 View Post
    honestly if someone was able to pull these files, maybe a few of us with coding experience could modify the screens. Maybe add in what I've always wanted and many cars have which is a display of common gauges. I mean MMI should in theory be able to pull that info from the ECU from what I would assume.
    How would one go about pulling the files?

I would personally just use the p3 gauge, but gauges on mmi would be awesome. BMW already has the feature why can’t we ?
    Keep Deep Sea Alive!
    Instagram S5_SID

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '70 Cutlass, MDX, Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by S5_SID View Post
    How would one go about pulling the files?
    Not exactly sure what files you are referring to , but I believe anyone who has done the MMI version update has the files. I'm in the process of doing this with Phil right now.
    2011 S4 6MT Ibis White|Panda Nappa|Titanium|Carbon|NAV|Sport Diff|B&O|Unitronic|Team Dynamics|Nitto|G-Force|Simpson
    (Gone)2004 S4 6MT Silver|Black|Carbon|Bilstein|Hawk|Magnaflow|ECS
    (Gone)1998 A4 5MT Black|Black|Bilstein|A8/S4 Brakes|APR Exhaust|AWE DTS|Intrax Extreme|Flik|GIAC|Etc

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Same here

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

AZ Member #

Anyone here is real Linux hacker?
    Retrofits: FL taillights / MMI 3G & 3G+(Street view incl.)/ Color Cluster & FL S5 Cluster/ BiXenon/ ADS Lite
    Other: ECU Tune/ VCDS Tweaks/ FL Gearknob/ Soundproofing/ Interior 6D Carbon Wrap/ Rieger Rep Front Bumper Valance/ Basic sound(8) upgrade to "ASS"(9+1) + B/O Sub(in sidepanel)/Tweeters + Activsub/ Efficiency Prog via Cluster & Gateway flash/ Sideskirts/ Window Tint/ Wsp Peeler reps/ License plate & Interior leds

Senior Member Three Rings wangshuo1989's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnark100 View Post
    Anyone here is real Linux hacker?
    I'm very familiar with linux kernel and I've contributed many commits to upstream kernel. But I think cracking audi's MMI is very difficult because we don't have access to source code and they don't seem to use a config file for color (Which I consider bad practise), so I think the thing that can be done is very limited.
    2013 S5 Misano Red, DSG, B&O, Sport Diff, MMI+
    2018 XC90 Inscription, B&W sound, Convenience Pkg, Air suspension

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by wangshuo1989 View Post
    I'm very familiar with linux kernel and I've contributed many commits to upstream kernel. But I think cracking audi's MMI is very difficult because we don't have access to source code and they don't seem to use a config file for color (Which I consider bad practise), so I think the thing that can be done is very limited.

Yep, i gave one "Linux guy" files long time ago and no success...even if we could find a real source of text color, other story will be how to crack and change this and if test will fail:), nobody will waste such time, as you may spend week for this and 0 result.

Looks like some people like to have this:)