Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Veteran Member Four Rings AudiSportB5S4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2000 S4
    Items for Sale

Question Front Bumper Woes

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Guys,

Earlier this year I bought some new fender clips to hold my bumper on because I wanted to re-align it to the fender as it had gotten pretty out of whack over the years from trying to rip it off... Since replacing these clips, another forum member has graciously helped me twice now try to get everything back together, but over some bumps on my commute the bumper has been popping off the clips. Where is the best place to throw some screws to avoid this from happening? I have these quik-latches that this guy is going to die if I install, but I am moments away if this keeps happening :)

Thanks for any tips!
    Piggie Powered Stage 3 B5 S4 & 8V A3 | Videos

Senior Member Four Rings christianb5s4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

If you replaced the clips that the fender attaches to, the next place to look is what shape the actual 'hooks' on the bumper itself that attach to the clips look like. These also wear out and create a poor connection with the clip.
    Imola 2001 Stage 3 S4: 312K - 2.4sec FATs - Completely Refreshed/Built Motor - SRM K24s w/ Custom Turbosmart wastegates - Clutchmasters Stage 4 - Etspec - Cinesnow WG/Oil Lines - SRM V3 Intercoolers - AA built trans - 4:1 Diff - JHM Trio - 034 - H&R Coilovers - FCP - Bosch Motorsports - OZ Racing - SRM/SSAC exhaust - Tons of New OEM parts

Veteran Member Four Rings vavJETTAw36's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

yea not a whole lot you can do once the bumper side clips get worn out. I would say give the car side clips another go first. Get your gaps right and see how that goes. If all else fails, you can look into the quick disconnect latch system. works really well. Ill sell you my kit I never used.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2000 S4
    Items for Sale

^ Right, the clips on the bumper are attached to the frame of the bumper itself, right? It doesn't look like those can get replaced. That would make sense that those wear down too, I didn't think of that.

I already have the Qwik Latches, just never installed them... However, this is making me want to! I may just do it because I don't personally think it's a terrible look and the function of them is hard to beat.

Veteran Member Four Rings CELison's Avatar
    AZ Member #

The clips on the bumper are molded into the bumper aren't they? It's been a while.
    B5 S4- K24s, built bottom end, E85
    B8 S4- GIAC Stage 2, E85/93

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2000 S4
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by CELison View Post
    The clips on the bumper are molded into the bumper aren't they? It's been a while.
    Yeah, looks like that's the case. I am actually happy that the best bet considering I have them in my possession already may be going to Qwik latches. I might as well use them since I bought them. Just something about drilling through the bumper that sends chills down your spine, but at this point whatever!

Veteran Member Four Rings CELison's Avatar
    AZ Member #

For whatever reason the hoods always look crooked on these cars. The pass side looks high than the driver. Anyone else notice that?

Senior Member Two Rings Calif_Kid's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2001 A6 6 spd, 2000 Honda Civic hatch racecar
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by christianb5s4 View Post
    If you replaced the clips that the fender attaches to, the next place to look is what shape the actual 'hooks' on the bumper itself that attach to the clips look like. These also wear out and create a poor connection with the clip.
    Are these the things that are attached to the bumper cover? https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...ht/8d0807284a/ I've pulled my bumper off a few times, but never had to replace them. Anyway, I think that they're bolted to the bumper cover right? - Jim

Senior Member Four Rings cjt671's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    B5 S4, B6 A4

Quote Originally Posted by CELison View Post
    For whatever reason the hoods always look crooked on these cars. The pass side looks high than the driver. Anyone else notice that?
    You can adjust the hood height

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2000 S4 Black, 2001 Ram 1500 Off-Road

Try pulling the bumper further forward on the two allen bolts under the front grill guards, pulling it forward seems to help keep those clips tight. If it's pushed too far back, the bumper cover wants to bow out and push back forwards.