Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 63
  1. #1
    Senior Member Two Rings vdubtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 24 2014
    AZ Member #
    297248
    Location
    Rockwall, TX

    Looking to upgrade - opinions needed

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Have the itch to upgrade here lately. Have been checking out dealer sites to see what is out there and came across a very nice B8.5.

    2016 Daytona Gray with S-Line Competition Sport Package. Beautiful looking car from the pics. Only has 5500 on the odo.
    The dealer hasn't CPO'd it yet, but they likely will given the mileage on it.

    Need your opinion or input.

    Consider the B8.5?
    Or wait for a nice 2017-18 B9? Really liking the technology aspect of the virtual cockpit in the B9.

    I'm not in a hurry to get into a new one as my B8 has been an excellent vehicle. Just kicking tires so to speak.
    2018 S4 Prestige, Daytona Gray Pearl, Black Optic, S Sport, Napa Leather

    2012 A4 Premium Plus, Monsoon Gray, Quattro, Navi, Push Start. VCDS mods needle sweep, windows up/down with fob, no wink turns, fogs as cornering lights.

  2. #2
    Veteran Member Four Rings A4 Centaur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 05 2009
    AZ Member #
    43360
    My Garage
    Ducati Panigale 1199S (Red of course)
    Location
    Denver Colorado

    Save your money and get the B8.5

    The B9's will have teething issues and prices will come down as well.
    Black B8 A4 Avant S-Line Prestige Package, CPMB Engine, Tiptronic 8 speed, JHM K04-R, V1 & Beltronics, Eurocode HFC, APR FMIC, Alu Kreuz, Vogtland Coilovers, Stoptech 380mm BB Kit, H&R Swaybar, APR K04 Tune, Rev. "d" DV, R8 Coils, Folding Mirrors, S5 Rear Brakes, 034 Street Density Mounts, OEM Facelift LED Brake lights, Forgestar CF5, and more mods to come!

  3. #3
    Senior Member Four Rings JeriQo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 08 2015
    AZ Member #
    341165
    Location
    Seattle

    B9.

    youll be sitting on the same cockpit for another several years if you 8.5
    2012 BB A4 P+ S-line Exterior |FBSW RS Paddles/Pedals|CR-15|AFE Filter|ECS inlet|S4 Dual Exhaust|Ace Convex 19x8.5|ECS 10mm rear|Solowerks S1

  4. #4
    Established Member Three Rings Novarider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02 2017
    AZ Member #
    402048
    Location
    Knoxville TN

    What about a b8 s4? Some very nice ones popping up for sale right now for good prices.
    2011 A4 Avant Prestige S-Line

  5. #5
    Senior Member Four Rings Marko S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 03 2015
    AZ Member #
    318284
    Location
    Canada

    Personally would go b9. CPO and all issues should be covered. Maybe look into extended warranty of available/feasible.

    Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
    2011 Audi A4 Prem+
    HPA - ECS Tuning - aFe - Eurocode - Treadstone - GFB - Milltek - PTP - DEI - Spulen - KW - Moog - Ultra Racing - CR-15 - 034 Motorsports - Brembo - EBC - Podi - Fly Designs - Audio Frog - Dynamat - Kicker - deAuto - OEM

  6. #6
    Veteran Member Four Rings A4 Centaur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 05 2009
    AZ Member #
    43360
    My Garage
    Ducati Panigale 1199S (Red of course)
    Location
    Denver Colorado

    Though the B8.5 interior is the same, I am personally not fond of the interior yet on the B9's.

    Guess it will grow on you, but the cupholders and other features seem a bit more rushed to market.

    Hope you can figure it out, but those S4's are sweet!
    Black B8 A4 Avant S-Line Prestige Package, CPMB Engine, Tiptronic 8 speed, JHM K04-R, V1 & Beltronics, Eurocode HFC, APR FMIC, Alu Kreuz, Vogtland Coilovers, Stoptech 380mm BB Kit, H&R Swaybar, APR K04 Tune, Rev. "d" DV, R8 Coils, Folding Mirrors, S5 Rear Brakes, 034 Street Density Mounts, OEM Facelift LED Brake lights, Forgestar CF5, and more mods to come!

  7. #7
    Veteran Member Four Rings adamazing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 26 2014
    AZ Member #
    197242
    Location
    San Diego, CA

    I'd wait for the B9's to work through any early generation "issues".
    At this point, the interior of the B8/B8.5 is already a 10 year old design. How much longer do you want to lock yourself into that by getting an B8.5?



    2013 A4 Quattro Brushed Steel / APR E85 Stage 2 / AG F421 Copper + Smoke + Neo Chrome / Eurocode FMIC + HFC / AWE Quad + CF Valance
    build / instagram / flickr




  8. #8
    Established Member Three Rings Novarider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02 2017
    AZ Member #
    402048
    Location
    Knoxville TN

    You guys are acting like the b8 interior is barbaric
    2011 A4 Avant Prestige S-Line

  9. #9
    Veteran Member Four Rings adamazing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 26 2014
    AZ Member #
    197242
    Location
    San Diego, CA

    Quote Originally Posted by Novarider View Post
    You guys are acting like the b8 interior is barbaric
    It's not by any means - I love the B8 interior compared to many other brands out there, but lets not pretend it's cutting edge anymore. It's starting to show it's age. I mean, the MMI connectivity is still HSPA+ (and that's at best - if you have the "updated" radio modem).
    But the difference of tech in the B9 is gigantic compared to the B8, and that matters to some people (like myself).



    2013 A4 Quattro Brushed Steel / APR E85 Stage 2 / AG F421 Copper + Smoke + Neo Chrome / Eurocode FMIC + HFC / AWE Quad + CF Valance
    build / instagram / flickr




  10. #10
    Senior Member Two Rings vdubtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 24 2014
    AZ Member #
    297248
    Location
    Rockwall, TX

    Thanks for everyone's input, much appreciated.

    Yeah, I have thought of and looked at S4's as well. I am wanting to be sure mileage is on the low end so I keep as much of the manufacturer/CPO warranty in play as possible. Also haven't ruled out an A5, S5 or A6 if the price and mileage is right.

    I actually like the B8 interior so I wouldn't be at all concerned of being in one another 4 or so years. Only issue I have with B8 vs. B8.5 is the bluetooth capabilities for music streaming. I would gain the ability to have google maps vs. the now out dated maps for B8's.
    2018 S4 Prestige, Daytona Gray Pearl, Black Optic, S Sport, Napa Leather

    2012 A4 Premium Plus, Monsoon Gray, Quattro, Navi, Push Start. VCDS mods needle sweep, windows up/down with fob, no wink turns, fogs as cornering lights.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Four Rings JeriQo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 08 2015
    AZ Member #
    341165
    Location
    Seattle

    sooo.. whos gonna retrofit this on our 8s first?

    Last edited by JeriQo; 06-13-2018 at 10:39 AM.
    2012 BB A4 P+ S-line Exterior |FBSW RS Paddles/Pedals|CR-15|AFE Filter|ECS inlet|S4 Dual Exhaust|Ace Convex 19x8.5|ECS 10mm rear|Solowerks S1

  12. #12
    Veteran Member Four Rings bhvrdr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 21 2004
    AZ Member #
    2873
    Location
    South Florida

    Quote Originally Posted by Novarider View Post
    You guys are acting like the b8 interior is barbaric
    I like the interior design ang quality of materials its mostly the tech thats outdated imo.

    2010 Audi A4 Avant 6AT - Unitronic Tuned - Bone Stock Hardware
    13.665 at 97.71mph - 93 octane - +1250DA
    Gone:
    2013 Audi S5 DSG - Unitronic Stage 2++ ECU & TCU, 3.17pr, Revo Charge Cooler, CTS Turbo Intake, ST60 380mm BBK
    11.482 at 118.70mph - 97 octane - +465DA
    --------------------------
    2016 A6 -- 2015 S4 -- 2009 A4 -- 2004 S4 -- 2006 A4 -- 2003 A4 -- 2000 A4

  13. #13
    Veteran Member Four Rings LINDW4LL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 10 2011
    AZ Member #
    85071
    My Garage
    Stage 3 S4, E46 M3
    Location
    CLT/MKE

    Wait out the B9 if you're going to stick with an A4; it's a better car.

    It would be difficult for me to justify what's essentially a lateral move to a B8.5 A4. Moving into an S4, on the other hand, would be worthwhile (IMO).
    -Hayden


  14. #14
    Veteran Member Four Rings bhvrdr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 21 2004
    AZ Member #
    2873
    Location
    South Florida

    Quote Originally Posted by LINDW4LL View Post
    Wait out the B9 if you're going to stick with an A4; it's a better car.

    It would be difficult for me to justify what's essentially a lateral move to a B8.5 A4. Moving into an S4, on the other hand, would be worthwhile (IMO).
    This. If you dont need an avant a cpo s4 is a no brainer. Tons more reliable and a much better driving experience

    Mike
    Last edited by bhvrdr; 06-13-2018 at 10:55 AM.

    2010 Audi A4 Avant 6AT - Unitronic Tuned - Bone Stock Hardware
    13.665 at 97.71mph - 93 octane - +1250DA
    Gone:
    2013 Audi S5 DSG - Unitronic Stage 2++ ECU & TCU, 3.17pr, Revo Charge Cooler, CTS Turbo Intake, ST60 380mm BBK
    11.482 at 118.70mph - 97 octane - +465DA
    --------------------------
    2016 A6 -- 2015 S4 -- 2009 A4 -- 2004 S4 -- 2006 A4 -- 2003 A4 -- 2000 A4

  15. #15
    Senior Member Two Rings vdubtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 24 2014
    AZ Member #
    297248
    Location
    Rockwall, TX

    Quote Originally Posted by LINDW4LL View Post
    Wait out the B9 if you're going to stick with an A4; it's a better car.

    It would be difficult for me to justify what's essentially a lateral move to a B8.5 A4. Moving into an S4, on the other hand, would be worthwhile (IMO).
    This is exactly what my wife just told me. She said why don't you get one that has the red S on it. LOL The S4 certainly checks all of my boxes for what I want.
    2018 S4 Prestige, Daytona Gray Pearl, Black Optic, S Sport, Napa Leather

    2012 A4 Premium Plus, Monsoon Gray, Quattro, Navi, Push Start. VCDS mods needle sweep, windows up/down with fob, no wink turns, fogs as cornering lights.

  16. #16
    Senior Member Four Rings JeriQo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 08 2015
    AZ Member #
    341165
    Location
    Seattle

    Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    This is exactly what my wife just told me. She said why don't you get one that has the red S on it. LOL The S4 certainly checks all of my boxes for what I want.
    this is why theres people who do fake badges lol!
    2012 BB A4 P+ S-line Exterior |FBSW RS Paddles/Pedals|CR-15|AFE Filter|ECS inlet|S4 Dual Exhaust|Ace Convex 19x8.5|ECS 10mm rear|Solowerks S1

  17. #17
    Established Member Three Rings Novarider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02 2017
    AZ Member #
    402048
    Location
    Knoxville TN

    Quote Originally Posted by JeriQo View Post
    sooo.. whos gonna retrofit this on our 8s first?

    While that's pretty neat I much prefer an actual gauge instead on an image on a screen.
    2011 A4 Avant Prestige S-Line

  18. #18
    Established Member Two Rings gt854t5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 09 2015
    AZ Member #
    364243
    My Garage
    B8 Avant Prestige; W211 E500 Designo
    Location
    East coast USA

    Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    This is exactly what my wife just told me. She said why don't you get one that has the red S on it. LOL The S4 certainly checks all of my boxes for what I want.
    I Personally would go for the B9 platform (which is very similar to the 8.5 except for the tech which is wayyy advanced than 8.5), but if u do stay with 8.5, have you seen the '15 S4 manual with BO package, diff, etc with 7yr/100k warranty?

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    '09 B8 Avant Prestige/Dark Beige/RS4 Grille/aFe filter/ECS Intake-hose/SS Lines & Slotted rotors/Red Coils/S5 split-spoke 19s/LED Interior kit/TTRS FBSW/B8.5 shifter/VAG-Com mods.....TBC

  19. #19
    Established Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 11 2016
    AZ Member #
    382931
    Location
    Massachusets

    Get a model 3

  20. #20
    Established Member Four Rings BeerBrent's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25 2017
    AZ Member #
    400057
    My Garage
    2010 A4 Avant
    Location
    Vancouver, WA

    Get a Lamborghini.
    I'm as cool as a cucumber in a bowl of hot sauce.

  21. #21
    Senior Member Two Rings vdubtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 24 2014
    AZ Member #
    297248
    Location
    Rockwall, TX

    Quote Originally Posted by BeerBrent View Post
    Get a Lamborghini.
    LOL. Have a few bucks you can spare me to get one?
    2018 S4 Prestige, Daytona Gray Pearl, Black Optic, S Sport, Napa Leather

    2012 A4 Premium Plus, Monsoon Gray, Quattro, Navi, Push Start. VCDS mods needle sweep, windows up/down with fob, no wink turns, fogs as cornering lights.

  22. #22
    Active Member Two Rings
    Join Date
    Oct 06 2017
    AZ Member #
    407973
    Location
    Bethesda, MD

    Agreed.

    Also:
    1. I can't wait till car companies switch over to using OLED screens instead of LCDs. The backlighting of LCDs at night is horribly distracting.

    2. I'm also not sold on adding all this Virtual Cockpit to the gauges. It's just another screen that distracts people from what they should be focusing on, driving. I had a B9 A4 loaner last time my B8.5 was in the shop, and I hated all the extra crap on the screen.

    3. I'd rather they focus on adding all this mapping and reconfigurable gauges to a HUD rather than the instrument binnacle.

  23. #23
    Established Member Four Rings Spawne32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 20 2016
    AZ Member #
    386232
    Location
    NJ

    Quote Originally Posted by Novarider View Post
    You guys are acting like the b8 interior is barbaric
    If you want a car that comes with technology, yes the B8 is barbaric. My car with the symphony system (obviously not what a higher end would have) has no USB or AUX input, cannot take HCSD memory cards, and has no way of being updated software wise unless I pay the dealer a couple hundred to bump the firmware up. The telephone interface doesnt even like to display my contact names when I get a call yet it shows them clearly in the phonebook, when it decides to load the phone book.

  24. #24
    Senior Member Four Rings Marko S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 03 2015
    AZ Member #
    318284
    Location
    Canada

    Time for a 3g+ upgrade? ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spawne32 View Post
    If you want a car that comes with technology, yes the B8 is barbaric. My car with the symphony system (obviously not what a higher end would have) has no USB or AUX input, cannot take HCSD memory cards, and has no way of being updated software wise unless I pay the dealer a couple hundred to bump the firmware up. The telephone interface doesnt even like to display my contact names when I get a call yet it shows them clearly in the phonebook, when it decides to load the phone book.
    Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
    2011 Audi A4 Prem+
    HPA - ECS Tuning - aFe - Eurocode - Treadstone - GFB - Milltek - PTP - DEI - Spulen - KW - Moog - Ultra Racing - CR-15 - 034 Motorsports - Brembo - EBC - Podi - Fly Designs - Audio Frog - Dynamat - Kicker - deAuto - OEM

  25. #25
    Established Member Three Rings Novarider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02 2017
    AZ Member #
    402048
    Location
    Knoxville TN

    Quote Originally Posted by SaigonDesign View Post
    Agreed.

    Also:
    1. I can't wait till car companies switch over to using OLED screens instead of LCDs. The backlighting of LCDs at night is horribly distracting.

    2. I'm also not sold on adding all this Virtual Cockpit to the gauges. It's just another screen that distracts people from what they should be focusing on, driving. I had a B9 A4 loaner last time my B8.5 was in the shop, and I hated all the extra crap on the screen.

    3. I'd rather they focus on adding all this mapping and reconfigurable gauges to a HUD rather than the instrument binnacle.
    Couldn't agree more, especially with number 2 and 3. People are going to be looking down at that "cluster" scrolling, trying to read roads etc and not looking at the road.

    HUD had been around for a long time yet almost nobody uses it. All that info right in front of your eyes or at the very least at the base of the windshield. At least then when you are looking at it you can still see the road.
    2011 A4 Avant Prestige S-Line

  26. #26
    Established Member Three Rings Novarider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02 2017
    AZ Member #
    402048
    Location
    Knoxville TN

    Quote Originally Posted by Spawne32 View Post
    If you want a car that comes with technology, yes the B8 is barbaric. My car with the symphony system (obviously not what a higher end would have) has no USB or AUX input, cannot take HCSD memory cards, and has no way of being updated software wise unless I pay the dealer a couple hundred to bump the firmware up. The telephone interface doesnt even like to display my contact names when I get a call yet it shows them clearly in the phonebook, when it decides to load the phone book.
    I'll give you the phone part. I'll get in my car and press the recent calls button and sometimes it won't show up. Very frustrating. I have just started using voice command.
    2011 A4 Avant Prestige S-Line

  27. #27
    Veteran Member Four Rings
    Join Date
    Mar 26 2012
    AZ Member #
    90678
    Location
    Montreal

    Wait what's wrong with the current B9? Everyone saying it has issues but what are they?

  28. #28
    Senior Member Four Rings Marko S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 03 2015
    AZ Member #
    318284
    Location
    Canada

    Quote Originally Posted by Novarider View Post
    Couldn't agree more, especially with number 2 and 3. People are going to be looking down at that "cluster" scrolling, trying to read roads etc and not looking at the road.

    HUD had been around for a long time yet almost nobody uses it. All that info right in front of your eyes or at the very least at the base of the windshield. At least then when you are looking at it you can still see the road.
    I'm still not really convinced on HUD. Have you ever driven a car with it? To me it seems like the info is kind of pointless/gimmicky if it's only showing speed. I dont think they can really put GPS on the windshield because it's too detailed. Not sure though.

    Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
    2011 Audi A4 Prem+
    HPA - ECS Tuning - aFe - Eurocode - Treadstone - GFB - Milltek - PTP - DEI - Spulen - KW - Moog - Ultra Racing - CR-15 - 034 Motorsports - Brembo - EBC - Podi - Fly Designs - Audio Frog - Dynamat - Kicker - deAuto - OEM

  29. #29
    Established Member Two Rings NYDCB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 22 2016
    AZ Member #
    379053
    Location
    Washington, DC

    Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    Thanks for everyone's input, much appreciated.

    Yeah, I have thought of and looked at S4's as well. I am wanting to be sure mileage is on the low end so I keep as much of the manufacturer/CPO warranty in play as possible. Also haven't ruled out an A5, S5 or A6 if the price and mileage is right.

    I actually like the B8 interior so I wouldn't be at all concerned of being in one another 4 or so years. Only issue I have with B8 vs. B8.5 is the bluetooth capabilities for music streaming. I would gain the ability to have google maps vs. the now out dated maps for B8's.
    An adapter solves that quite easily though (BT)...

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Audizine mobile app

  30. #30
    Registered Member Four Rings AUDIMAN33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 11 2014
    AZ Member #
    138724
    My Garage
    2014 Audi A4, Porsche Cayenne S, Mercedes Benz S430 4matic
    Location
    New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Marko S View Post
    I'm still not really convinced on HUD. Have you ever driven a car with it? To me it seems like the info is kind of pointless/gimmicky if it's only showing speed. I dont think they can really put GPS on the windshield because it's too detailed. Not sure though.

    Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
    The HUD I find is distracting, I've driven 750 with it a few times and I am always looking for a switch to shut it off.

  31. #31
    Registered Member Four Rings AUDIMAN33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 11 2014
    AZ Member #
    138724
    My Garage
    2014 Audi A4, Porsche Cayenne S, Mercedes Benz S430 4matic
    Location
    New York

    The B9 has that horrible Ipad Nav. I rather have the B8.5 for that reason alone. But then again the New A6 has amazing tech maybe wait for that?

  32. #32
    Registered Member Four Rings AUDIMAN33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 11 2014
    AZ Member #
    138724
    My Garage
    2014 Audi A4, Porsche Cayenne S, Mercedes Benz S430 4matic
    Location
    New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Marko S View Post
    Personally would go b9. CPO and all issues should be covered. Maybe look into extended warranty of available/feasible.

    Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
    Just want to add to this, Audi's CPO is a joke if you look at the Experience section.

  33. #33
    Senior Member Two Rings vdubtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 24 2014
    AZ Member #
    297248
    Location
    Rockwall, TX

    Quote Originally Posted by NYDCB View Post
    An adapter solves that quite easily though (BT)...

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Audizine mobile app
    Yeah, I have the Tune2Air BT adapter for music streaming. It is spotty when it works at best. Then when at home, seems the BT adapter won't release it's hold on the connection.
    2018 S4 Prestige, Daytona Gray Pearl, Black Optic, S Sport, Napa Leather

    2012 A4 Premium Plus, Monsoon Gray, Quattro, Navi, Push Start. VCDS mods needle sweep, windows up/down with fob, no wink turns, fogs as cornering lights.

  34. #34
    Senior Member Two Rings vdubtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 24 2014
    AZ Member #
    297248
    Location
    Rockwall, TX

    Quote Originally Posted by AUDIMAN33 View Post
    Just want to add to this, Audi's CPO is a joke if you look at the Experience section.
    Curious why you think that? My experience with the CPO aspect(only used for service once) was very easy to do. Didn't even pay a deductible.
    2018 S4 Prestige, Daytona Gray Pearl, Black Optic, S Sport, Napa Leather

    2012 A4 Premium Plus, Monsoon Gray, Quattro, Navi, Push Start. VCDS mods needle sweep, windows up/down with fob, no wink turns, fogs as cornering lights.

  35. #35
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    May 12 2018
    AZ Member #
    418658
    Location
    Manchester, New Hampshire

    Quote Originally Posted by BeerBrent View Post
    Get a Lamborghini.
    To that end have you considered an RS3? Itís a bit smaller but the engine is kind of half the huracanís V10 while being approximately the price of a new S5.

    I test drove a B9 S4 and couldnít stand the fake noise and steering. The B8.5 S4 felt great but didnít have the awesome features like the virtual cockpit. I ended up with an RS3 so thatís why I recommended it. Itís not for everyone but if you can get one itís a joy to drive.


    Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

  36. #36
    Established Member Four Rings Spawne32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 20 2016
    AZ Member #
    386232
    Location
    NJ

    Quote Originally Posted by Marko S View Post
    Time for a 3g+ upgrade? ;)

    Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
    rather just upgrade the car lol

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by AUDIMAN33 View Post
    The HUD I find is distracting, I've driven 750 with it a few times and I am always looking for a switch to shut it off.
    I loved the HUD on my old car, wish the B8 had it.

  37. #37
    Veteran Member Four Rings JBAeroEngineer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 19 2012
    AZ Member #
    100756
    Location
    Capitol Area

    Quote Originally Posted by vdubtx View Post
    Curious why you think that? My experience with the CPO aspect(only used for service once) was very easy to do. Didn't even pay a deductible.
    I had no issues with CPO as well. Used it on mechanical claims 4-5 times, $85 deductible.

  38. #38
    Veteran Member Four Rings hyperunion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 03 2012
    AZ Member #
    99842
    My Garage
    07 Xterra 4X4 , 02 20V Passat variant.
    Location
    Lehigh Valley, PA

    Quote Originally Posted by AUDIMAN33 View Post
    The B9 has that horrible Ipad Nav. I rather have the B8.5 for that reason alone. But then again the New A6 has amazing tech maybe wait for that?
    Agreed!!. Also b8.5 have metal intake, 5 injector, e85 capability,.. yeah the new gen3 motor has a bigger turbo and technically more power with tunes.. but the zfhp8 transmission is just better then the new day in the b9...

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    B8.5 A4 Premium +, ZF8, APR Stg II+ E85, APR HFC Downpipe, APR Carbon Intake, APR Intercooler, APR T.M. Delete, AWE Quad Exaust, ECS turbo inlet hose, H&R coilovers , H&R F&R Sway Bars, Q5 4 Piston Brembo upgrade, ECS Slotted rotors and stainless lines, OZ Ultraleggeras, Piaa, 3M Crystalline, Xpel Ultimate. IG: "Veritech1"

    RIP: B6 A4 Sport, AWE GIAC rSK04, Bilstein PSS9, OZ SL.

  39. #39
    Veteran Member Four Rings b6onboost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 10 2007
    AZ Member #
    14767
    Location
    VA

    I like it too (obviously), but the design itself is getting dated as well.

    Just little stuff like how recessed the Nav is, how small it is compared to newer models, wasted dash space (e.g. the MMI flap for SD cards and CDs), etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by bhvrdr View Post
    I like the interior design ang quality of materials its mostly the tech thats outdated imo.

  40. #40
    Senior Member Two Rings vdubtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 24 2014
    AZ Member #
    297248
    Location
    Rockwall, TX

    Can anyone see any difference between these 2 S4's aside from color and price?? Seems same options to me. Both certified as well.
    Wondering why the silver one in Houston is 6k less than the gray one in DFW area?

    Daytona Gray 2015 S4

    Florett Silver 2015 S4

    I'm certainly not opposed to taking a quick road trip to save $6k.
    2018 S4 Prestige, Daytona Gray Pearl, Black Optic, S Sport, Napa Leather

    2012 A4 Premium Plus, Monsoon Gray, Quattro, Navi, Push Start. VCDS mods needle sweep, windows up/down with fob, no wink turns, fogs as cornering lights.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2018 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.