Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Registered Member One Ring ComradeKurwa's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '98 Stagea Autech RS260, '99 4Runner, LSx 240sx

I NEED wheel options specifically for a C5 A6 2.7t sedan.

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Just paid $500 for a '04 A6 2.7t sedan as a fun "extra" daily because my cousin said I shouldn't pass up the engine version (he does 1/2 mile events, etc. with S4s) and this is my first german auto (coming from Nissans). I bought it with no wheels and I got some BC coilovers off Craigslist. I was looking at other threads but either it was Allroads, 4.2s, Avants, or the Images were not coming up due to thread age, etc. Any examples of 2.7t sedan's with aftermarket wheels, preferably without the need for spacers, and that aren't ridiculously expensive? Please post wheel size, offset, tire size, and hub bore with the pics please.
    Last edited by ComradeKurwa; 06-18-2018 at 11:15 PM.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

BUMP!

AZ Member #
    My Garage

BUMP!

Senior Member Two Rings Calif_Kid's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2001 A6 6 spd, 2000 Honda Civic hatch racecar

I've got a 2001 A6 2.7T with 6 speed, and I'm running OZ Super Leggera wheels with 235/40-18 tires, and I believe that they are 18x8 with offset ET32 (no spacers). They sit a little further out than I'd like, so I think that an offset of ET35 would be perfect with for an 18x8 or 18x8.5 wheel. No matter what wheels you get, you'll need to make sure that you have clearance to the brake calipers, and you'll have to be careful, as I believe that that clearance depends on if the brake pads are new or worn as the stock C5 A6 calipers slide, so the minimum clearance would be with new pads. Personally, I wouldn't go larger than an 18" wheel to keep the sidewalls reasonably tall with all of the potholes on the roads.

I used to have a very nice B5 S4 (2001.5), and it had Brembo 4 piston front brakes and 18x8.5 BBS CH wheels with an offset of ET35, and I ran 235/40-18 tires on the street, and 245/30-18 tires on the track, and the wheels fit perfectly and the clearance to the brake caliper was small (say 1-2mm?) but OK. I had to have the fender lips rolled as the lips would contact the tires when I first bought the car. Those wheels are way more expensive than what you're thinking about, but you should be able to find something fairly inexpensive that looks good and works well, but as far as cost is concerned, make sure to factor in the prices of the tires if you aren't sure about what wheel diameter to run.

If you haven't, then check out thread https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...nd-information that is located in the B5 S4 section, as it may have some info and pictures on A6 applications as well. - Jim