Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '64 VW Type 3 Notch, '66 Type 3 Fastback, '77 Rabbit 2.0L 16v w/ITBs, '84 944, '99 323i

Avant Left Rear Storage Compartment

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hey all, my car was recently wrecked in the left rear quarter, and while it was at the body shop I sourced some really clean rear interior panels and had the body shop install them while they had it apart. Well yesterday I was cleaning out my car and I was going to put a spare quart of oil in my left rear storage cubby, so I opened the door to find a giant hole! What goes there? My original panel was one piece. My car is an '02 and the panel came from an '04 or '05, of that helps. Here's what I'm talking about.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

It's a storage compartment that you can put random stuff in except usually it has a back to it.. looks like this is the extended edition.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Audizine mobile app

Registered Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

more room for activities!

AZ Member #

I have a bracket there for satellite radio receiver. Mine's a 2005.
    2005 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro Avant / 6-speed / Ultrasport - Unicorn rescue operation in progress.
    WTB: Mint condition silver B6 passenger fender.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '64 VW Type 3 Notch, '66 Type 3 Fastback, '77 Rabbit 2.0L 16v w/ITBs, '84 944, '99 323i

OK, I guess this came from a car with satellite radio. My original panel didn't have a giant hole in it, and I never thought to take the door off when I bought all the rear interior out of a parts car (the rest of my hatch interior was pretty ratty). I wonder if they make a filler for non-satellite radio having cars?

Veteran Member Four Rings Turbavanttro's Avatar
    AZ Member #

The large black plastic piece/bracket for the SAT radio should be there even if your car didn't come with SAT. Maybe not for 02-03 Avants though, I'm not sure.

I have an 04 that was not originally equipped with SAT and I had the bracket there.
    2004 B6 Avant l Moro Blue Pearl l Sportec l EFR TS-7064 l United Motorsport Tuned l 460 awhp, 93 octane
    2014 P+ Allroad l Glacier White l Airlift 3H l BBS l Eurocode l OEM+ Goodness l CTS l IE l K04 l United Motorsport Tuned l
    Instagram: bluewings460
    So many Audis, so little time....

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Turbavanttro View Post
    The large black plastic piece/bracket for the SAT radio should be there even if your car didn't come with SAT. Maybe not for 02-03 Avants though, I'm not sure.

I have an 04 that was not originally equipped with SAT and I had the bracket there.
    Can you post a pic of what that looks like?

Senior Member Two Rings Lauri0112's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I have the cd based navigation there. Picture from audiworld.