Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Veteran Member Four Rings Six Speed Turbo's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '16 Audi Q3, Tools, Car Parts

S3 vs 2 500hp Street Beasts

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    As the title states, the S3 is put up against a pair of street car pushing nearly 500 at the wheels. A B5 S4 and a N54 335i that are tricked out nicely. Please like, share, subscribe.

2016 S3 Prestige - Glacier White Metallic, APR Stage 3+, APR TCU upgrade, APR CAI, APR FMIC, APR Catchcan, APR Lowering Springs, P3 Guage

YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC88...LbgXXvRHPvW3Xw <---SUBSCRIBE

Established Member Three Rings S3DUDE's Avatar
    AZ Member #

You pulled 2 cars on each gear shift plus I bet none of them wanted to race you from a dead stop because we all know so damn good that you would kill them. That is the pitfall of the big turbos, the terrible turbo lag and re-spool time, just terrible. Any lack of power that you might have as disadvantage you gain it back with a good spool up and a fast shifting DSG transmission. Just hold the cup of Starbuck coffee while you laugh and watch them miss-shift and grind gears.

Do a video from a dead stop and make sure you point the camera backward because all you will see is the cars a few full bus lengths trying to catch up.Neither the bMW or the s4 would do well on an auto cross
    2018 RS3 Glacier White European delivery. Driven at 140mph /4000 rpm the within the first 25 miles after picking it up from the factory.

Veteran Member Four Rings will13k7's Avatar
    AZ Member #

damn, a stage-3 s3 is pretty sweet.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by S3DUDE View Post
    You pulled 2 cars on each gear shift plus I bet none of them wanted to race you from a dead stop because we all know so damn good that you would kill them. That is the pitfall of the big turbos, the terrible turbo lag and re-spool time, just terrible. Any lack of power that you might have as disadvantage you gain it back with a good spool up and a fast shifting DSG transmission. Just hold the cup of Starbuck coffee while you laugh and watch them miss-shift and grind gears.

Do a video from a dead stop and make sure you point the camera backward because all you will see is the cars a few full bus lengths trying to catch up.Neither the bMW or the s4 would do well on an auto cross
    We did a dig race but I thought I pressed the record button, but I didnít. Iíll see if my buddy has the video. Thanks for the comments man.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by will13k7 View Post
    damn, a stage-3 s3 is pretty sweet.
    Yes it is. Well worth the money. If youíre thinking about it .... do it.
    2016 S3 Prestige - Glacier White Metallic, APR Stage 3+, APR TCU upgrade, APR CAI, APR FMIC, APR Catchcan, APR Lowering Springs, P3 Guage

YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC88...LbgXXvRHPvW3Xw <---SUBSCRIBE

Established Member Three Rings S3DUDE's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Six Speed Turbo View Post
    We did a dig race but I thought I pressed the record button, but I didnít. Iíll see if my buddy has the video. Thanks for the comments man.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes it is. Well worth the money. If youíre thinking about it .... do it.
    So how was the beating from a dig in your own words?
    2018 RS3 Glacier White European delivery. Driven at 140mph /4000 rpm the within the first 25 miles after picking it up from the factory.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by S3DUDE View Post
    So how was the beating from a dig in your own words?
    BRUTAL. We started at an intersection, and before I crossed the other side I already had about 1.5 cars on him. The lead just got bigger from that point.

Established Member Two Rings stage3s4's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    01 Audi S4 Apr S3+ NOS, 00 RS4

What turbos is the b5 s4 running and who tuned the car?

That b5 s4 doesn't move like a 500whp car.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Doesn't make much sense on the N54 335i. If it really is 500 hp to the wheels those trap mid to upper 120's. I thought a previous post of yours had you trapping about 120? I'm sure your car is quick, but cars with upper 500 crank HP shouldn't have much trouble besting you from a roll. Good runs though, sounds like your car is performing nicely.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stage3s4 View Post
    What turbos is the b5 s4 running and who tuned the car?

That b5 s4 doesn't move like a 500whp car.
    The B5 S4 has twin TIAL 605s on the car. He is "granny shifting" because he has some tranny issues. You can see him pull back once he's in gears though.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by r26372 View Post
    Doesn't make much sense on the N54 335i. If it really is 500 hp to the wheels those trap mid to upper 120's. I thought a previous post of yours had you trapping about 120? I'm sure your car is quick, but cars with upper 500 crank HP shouldn't have much trouble besting you from a roll. Good runs though, sounds like your car is performing nicely.
    His car is a manual trans, which definitely play a part. Also he was messing with his tuning all night. Even from a 40 roll he was breaking the rears loose. Yes when I hit the track I was trapping 123mph, but the humidity and DA was though the roof that day. I'm confident I can get 125 on a better suited day.