Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Registered Member Four Rings agent47's Avatar
    AZ Member #

S6/7 Rotors/Pads options

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Just curious whats the consensus on rotors and pads for the S6/7 platform . Been looking but unable to find much options.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    2016 A6 3.0, Prestige, Driver Assistance, 20" B/O, Cold weather. Stock

Veteran Member Four Rings Dutch_A6's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Hyundai Tuscon

Check Adams rotors, you can get all sorts of styles and sizes.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    Black 2012 A7 Prestige

Zito ZF01 wheels
    EPL stage 1 tune
    Tinted marker lights
    RS7 Intake

Established Member Two Rings Snax's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I have akebono pads and stock rotors. Just about zero brake dust. Feel great to me but I don't drive hard either.

Veteran Member Four Rings wwhan's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Snax View Post
    I have akebono pads and stock rotors. Just about zero brake dust. Feel great to me but I don't drive hard either.
    Akebono does not have front pads for S6/S7
    2016 S6 Sport, EPL stg1 , Eurocode Sways

Veteran Member Four Rings wwhan's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Brakeworld: http://www.brakeworld.com/brakes/201.../s6/pads/brake

DISCITALIA (DISCITALIA DRILLED AND SLOTTED)
    2016 - Audi - S6 - With Iron Rotors Rear Rotor DIX1.1109.0208 $499.00 (pair)
    2016 - Audi - S6 - With Iron Rotors Front Rotor DIX1.1109.0221 $895.00 (pair)
    2016 S6 Sport, EPL stg1 , Eurocode Sways

Veteran Member Three Rings Alister's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi RS5

I recently had Disc Italia Hyper Ceramic pads fitted up to my S6 - OEM rotors/disks have about 5k kms on them.

I was over the noise and dust from the OEM pads and the early signs with the Disc Italia pads are promising (haven't heard any noise since, albeit I haven't driven very far on them yet).

Established Member Two Rings Snax's Avatar
    AZ Member #

@wwhan - I was under the impression I had the same brakes as the s6 being that I have a prestige with the sport package and 14" rotors. My apologies

Veteran Member Three Rings Alister's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Audi RS5

No, S6/S7 400mm front brakes are specific to this model and not shared with the A6/A7 range.

AZ Member #

Dang. So we have very limited options. I read about people stepping down to 380mm rotors for better options.

Senior Member Three Rings drdrewusaf's Avatar
    AZ Member #

There is this option from Racing Brake. It's what I plan on using to replace the OEM rotors when the time comes. True two piece, and directional-vaned cooling...neither of which are necessary on the road, unless you're headed downhill for miles.

https://www.racingbrake.com/RB-Front...aud-irk-05.htm

Drew
    2013 S6 Prestige Phantom Black, EPL Stage1 ECU/TCU, AWE Track Exhaust, BBS CH-R 20x9 et25, Hankook Ventus V12 Evo2 255/40/20, European taillights, VAGCOM lowered

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

After researching this I bought stock rotors via Audiusaparts ($497/pr) and Wearever Gold pads from Advance Auto ($29/fronts). Looking forward to a dust free life.

Veteran Member Four Rings zcd2.7t's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I also (finally) need new pads (Wearever Golds down to 3mm at the rear after 40K miles) and new rotors all around (OEM rotors lasted 75K miles). I haven't actually measured the front pads, but since I need new rears and the pads are so inexpensive I figure I'lll just have them all done. Indy shop quoted $1,010.00 all-in, installed, using OEM rotors in front and Zimmerman rear rotors. Sounds pretty good to me...

Any thoughts?
    2013 S6, Glacier White over Black.
    "If you have the means and don't buy this car, we cannot be friends." - R&T
    2015 Q5 TDi - Torque, baby!
    (Gone, never forgotten) 2011 S4 Prestige S-tronic wSTaSIS stuff

Senior Member Three Rings SubaruSTI8's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I have had the disk italia rotors and wearever pads and I am so happy. NO squeal at all and brake dust is almost non existent! I went to the track and even then I can still see my wheel color.
    2013 S6 | Cold Weather Package| EPL Stage 2 Tune | EPL TCU Tune | Milltek Non-Resonated Down Pipes | Milltek Non-Resonated Exhaust | Roc Euro Intake | BBS CI-R | APR Intercooler | RS Grille

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by zcd2.7t View Post
    I also (finally) need new pads (Wearever Golds down to 3mm at the rear after 40K miles) and new rotors all around (OEM rotors lasted 75K miles). I haven't actually measured the front pads, but since I need new rears and the pads are so inexpensive I figure I'lll just have them all done. Indy shop quoted $1,010.00 all-in, installed, using OEM rotors in front and Zimmerman rear rotors. Sounds pretty good to me...

Any thoughts?
    I found out yesterday that R1 concepts now offers 400mm rotors. Plain/cross drilled/slotted whatever. All 4 corners for less than $500, I am happy with that. I used their rotors+pads on my A6 and I was very happy.

Veteran Member Four Rings zcd2.7t's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by agent47 View Post
    I found out yesterday that R1 concepts now offers 400mm rotors. Plain/cross drilled/slotted whatever. All 4 corners for less than $500, I am happy with that. I used their rotors+pads on my A6 and I was very happy...
    Hmmmm....I'm not seeing anything to fit the FRONT of my car:

https://www.r1concepts.com/detail_ca...otor+Silver+++

Rear rotors, yes, but not front...

Where are you seeing that?
    2013 S6, Glacier White over Black.
    "If you have the means and don't buy this car, we cannot be friends." - R&T
    2015 Q5 TDi - Torque, baby!
    (Gone, never forgotten) 2011 S4 Prestige S-tronic wSTaSIS stuff

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by zcd2.7t View Post
    Hmmmm....I'm not seeing anything to fit the FRONT of my car:

https://www.r1concepts.com/detail_ca...otor+Silver+++

Rear rotors, yes, but not front...

Where are you seeing that?
    Check ebay. They have those listed. They didn't update their website yet I guess. Clearly mentioned 400mm size and fitment for S6/7/8

Senior Member Two Rings goliath1's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    custom built softail

Quote Originally Posted by Alister View Post
    No, S6/S7 400mm front brakes are specific to this model and not shared with the A6/A7 range.
    i think ďAĒ models use 365mm rotor diameter
    2016 S6 Mythos Black Metallic, B&O Sound, Sport Package, Driver Assistance, Comfort Seating, Black Optics, Audi Exclusive Interior.

My wife said its golf or her, gosh I'll miss her!!

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Those Racing Brake rotors look beautiful.

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Any link on ebay for the r1? Dont find

My front are totally shot need asap 1k oem quote in canada:(

- - - Updated - - -

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by Mighted1987 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Check your pm

AZ Member #

I had new stock rotors installed at 28K miles with Disc Italia Ceramics up front and Akebono's in the rear. Still happy with the dust-free rims, but not happy that brake squeal from the front came back after a short while. Doesn't happen all the time, and the squeal is not as bad as it was with the stock OEM pads, but still irritating. I've put about 9K miles on the car since making the change.
    2014 S7 21" TSW Bathurst, APR Stage 1

Established Member Two Rings FourRings115's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Dang. So we have very limited options. I read about people stepping down to 380mm rotors for better options.

This is very topical for me as I just had my car in at my shop for a pre-track event tech inspection this morning. My front pads were crumbling and the rotors were scored. The pads and rotors were installed last year, and I have done 4-5 track days on those new brakes. I am going to be able to get one more day at Lime Rock next month on the rotors, but needed new OEM pads.
    I only use maybe 80% of braking while on the track to preserve my brakes. At $2200 for front brakes and rotors from Audi, I am now looking for an aftermarket option.
    My shop (Redline Speedworx) recommended Girodisc. It looks like from their website they only offer a 380mm option for the R8. Will have to see if that might work on my S6. They also recommended a street/track pad from Pagid which may squeal a bit more than stock, so I may do the whole brake job next spring before track days start up again after the winter time cold brake squeal season.
    If anyone who tracks somewhat regularly has done any brake upgrades, I would love the feedback. I will certainly give some feedback in the spring how my track brake upgrade goes.
    '16 S6
    '16 Subaru Forester (company car)
    '11 A8L 4.2 (sold)
    '07 A8L 4.2 (sold)
    '04 A6 2.7T (sold)

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by FourRings115 View Post
    This is very topical for me as I just had my car in at my shop for a pre-track event tech inspection this morning. My front pads were crumbling and the rotors were scored. The pads and rotors were installed last year, and I have done 4-5 track days on those new brakes. I am going to be able to get one more day at Lime Rock next month on the rotors, but needed new OEM pads.
    I only use maybe 80% of braking while on the track to preserve my brakes. At $2200 for front brakes and rotors from Audi, I am now looking for an aftermarket option.
    My shop (Redline Speedworx) recommended Girodisc. It looks like from their website they only offer a 380mm option for the R8. Will have to see if that might work on my S6. They also recommended a street/track pad from Pagid which may squeal a bit more than stock, so I may do the whole brake job next spring before track days start up again after the winter time cold brake squeal season.
    If anyone who tracks somewhat regularly has done any brake upgrades, I would love the feedback. I will certainly give some feedback in the spring how my track brake upgrade goes.
    You can buy oem rotors from various suppliers for less than $600 for the front pair. Girodisc has actually come out with a 400mm two piece rotor for us. Afaik that'll run you about $1500.

Established Member Two Rings FourRings115's Avatar
    AZ Member #

You can buy oem rotors from various suppliers for less than $600 for the front pair. Girodisc has actually come out with a 400mm two piece rotor for us. Afaik that'll run you about $1500.

Good to know. I will have my shop look into this with their supplier since it doesnít show on the Girodisc website.
    I donít mind spending more money on rotors and pads if I know they will provide at least the same or better better braking, and last longer than OEM. I also could care less about the dust issue or even occasional cold weather squealing that we already get with the OEM. These side effects are the price to pay for getting track-ready performance.
    '16 S6
    '16 Subaru Forester (company car)
    '11 A8L 4.2 (sold)
    '07 A8L 4.2 (sold)
    '04 A6 2.7T (sold)