Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Veteran Member Four Rings Furly's Avatar
    AZ Member #

anyone install aeromotive fuel pump?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    i got the aeromotive fuel pump and machined a bracket to fit in the oem basket.
    anyone install one of these in thier b6? what is required to make it work properly? i saw a thread where people used this but the photobucket pics are all dead and some people reported they installed theirs differently than the instructions the OP wrote up.
    is it direct plug in? any fab work required or modifications besides the bracket? i know a high flow fuel filter is required, i am ordering one of those as well. thanks in advance!
    Audi Club Bay Area

AZ Member #

I have one installed with the aluminum bracket made by one of the forum members. I have been running it for a few years now with no issues. I soldered the pigtail that came with the pump to the bottom of the fuel tank cover where the factory connector was soldered. The original connector inside the tank doesn't work with the Aeromotive pump. Initially I drilled the return port of the factory fuel filter as was explained in a thread previously, but have since converted to a return fuel system.
    05 A4 1.8 TQM, Motoza, GTX2867, APR Exhaust manifold, Unitronic downpipe, ER Comp FMIC, JHM B7 RS4 Clutch, Forge 008, RS4 rear SB

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

here's how I had mine. soldered new wires into the stock housing so everything was plug/play. I converted to a non-returnless system at the same time using a B5 AWM rail and FPR, ran a new line back to the filter location to connect to factory line.

2007 RS4 Sprint/Ebony, Ti, 110k
    JHM/BC Racing/Milltek/oCarbon

RIP 2002 A4 2.0TQM Denim/Ebony, 243k
    FWD->AWD, Bische-tuned GT2871R

Veteran Member Four Rings Furly's Avatar
    AZ Member #

thanks guys! i'll also be converting to the b5 return system so i'll order the AEB fuel rail and other parts associated with the conversion. do you guys recommend any better higher flowing fuel filter for the return fueling setup?
    Audi Club Bay Area

Veteran Member Four Rings
    AZ Member #
    Items for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Furly View Post
    thanks guys! i'll also be converting to the b5 return system so i'll order the AEB fuel rail and other parts associated with the conversion. do you guys recommend any better higher flowing fuel filter for the return fueling setup?
    AWM rail (which I have still from my part out)
    2007 RS4 Sprint/Ebony, Ti, 110k
    JHM/BC Racing/Milltek/oCarbon

RIP 2002 A4 2.0TQM Denim/Ebony, 243k
    FWD->AWD, Bische-tuned GT2871R

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Nogaro 2000 S4 6-Speed, Ebony Pearl 2002 A4 5-Speed

Quote Originally Posted by Furly View Post
    I purchased a used rail from a b5 a4 when i was doing mine. I ended up going IE rail among other things but 20 plus shipping its yours, hopefully you didn't order it yet.
    You win some, you lose some...

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Nogaro 2000 S4 6-Speed, Ebony Pearl 2002 A4 5-Speed

As far as the fuel filter, I am using a b6 3.0 filter with no issues.
    You win some, you lose some...