Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Veteran Member Three Rings MerlinS3's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 S3 Audi Exclusive

Question on BBKs

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    So Im looking to upgrade the brakes on the S3 and Id like to do a rear BBK to match the fronts.

So far Ive only found Ceica (Taiwan) and PB brakes(Britain) to offer a rear set up.
    I havent heard or found much info on either company nor anyone with an MQB running these systems.

Has anyone done a custom rear setup and kept the OEM caliper for the E brake and added a 4/6 pot Brembo/stoptech etc caliper and brackets?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 S3 Prem+ | Black Optics | S Sport Seats | LED Lighting | Tech Pack | B&O |Mag Ride | Audi Exclusive Color |
    H&R Super Sport Springs | Spulen Turbo Muffler Delete | CTS Turbo Intake | FortyFour Wheel Studs and Lugs | E.D. Carbon Trunk Fin | Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps | RS Quattro Grille | E.D. PURE Carbon Front Lip | Zito ZF01 Flow Forged | ORT Coilovers | Hyperco Springs | @MerlinS3

Senior Member Four Rings zcspec's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Need VAG-COM work, IM me

If you have some extra funds laying around, you could go the full HPA front/rear BBK setup. I dealt with HPA a few years back running a custom K04 on my allroad. Marcel who owns the company, is extremely knowledgeable and builds amazing stuff.

http://www.hpamotorsports.com/hpa-products/brakes

The other option....run a set of TT-RS front calipers with custom RacingBrake rotors. Combine that with custom brackets which will allow you to run S6 rear 365mm rotors. I currently run this setup (minus the RacingBrake front rotors, using stock 370mm TT-RS rotors) and have PLENTY of stopping power with very little, if any brake fade on the track.
    Youtube: The Audi S3 Fanatic

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

Would be easier and cheaper just to go as large as you can up front as that is a majority of your stopping power.

I did st40 with 355mm up front and matching S3 310mm rotors in the back and track quite a bit. Don't feel like I need more stopping power.

Pads, fluid also are the significant factor as well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Veteran Member Four Rings littleredwagen's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2017 Ara Blue S3

Quote Originally Posted by mroberte View Post
    Would be easier and cheaper just to go as large as you can up front as that is a majority of your stopping power.

I did st40 with 355mm up front and matching S3 310mm rotors in the back and track quite a bit. Don't feel like I need more stopping power.

Pads, fluid also are the significant factor as well.

This you don't need lots of that in the rear you just need enough to prevent the back of the car passing you in a turn
    -Matt
    2017 S3 Ara Blue
    Past:
    2011 S4 Prestige 6mt Black
    2001.5 S4 EPL Stage 3 Yellow
    2005 S4 Avant 6spd Red

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 S3 Audi Exclusive

Thanks for the info guys,

Looking into the HPA kit, also trying to find out more info on the Ceika stuff for a full front and rear system.

Have the option to get a new Brembo GTS 6 pot 380MM kit and rear rotors/pads/ lines upgrade for a decent price
    2016 S3 Prem+ | Black Optics | S Sport Seats | LED Lighting | Tech Pack | B&O |Mag Ride | Audi Exclusive Color |
    H&R Super Sport Springs | Spulen Turbo Muffler Delete | CTS Turbo Intake | FortyFour Wheel Studs and Lugs | E.D. Carbon Trunk Fin | Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps | RS Quattro Grille | E.D. PURE Carbon Front Lip | Zito ZF01 Flow Forged | ORT Coilovers | Hyperco Springs | @MerlinS3

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb View Post
    Thanks for the info guys,

Looking into the HPA kit, also trying to find out more info on the Ceika stuff for a full front and rear system.

Have the option to get a new Brembo GTS 6 pot 380MM kit and rear rotors/pads/ lines upgrade for a decent price
    Are you tracking the car? Why so much braking if not on the track? Aesthetics?

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 S3 Audi Exclusive

Quote Originally Posted by mroberte View Post
    Are you tracking the car? Why so much braking if not on the track? Aesthetics?

I dont track it normally, but I drive the car very hard.
    Its a 50/50 aesthetics and performance. I've always felt the factory rear brakes were terrible and look horrible when upgrading the fronts. All my past vehicles I have had front and rear BBK's on when I upgraded

AZ Member #

Can't see that well, but this is what I have with my 20's. Track is 18's which is the smallest you can go with the 355's.

Honestly, doing the rears will cost more than worth mainly because of the limitations of the electronic parking brake.

The front I'd do large as possible as there are premade kits, just "running hard" still isn't enough to really need the cost of the rears or the huge brakes your looking at.

If doing custom calipers, also keep in mind proportion power and if that needs to be altered as the stock is still looking for the smaller brakes.

Guess the better thing is are you really looking for stopping power or just aesthetics. If the later, 355F and 310R will be more than efficient.

Veteran Member Three Rings Spinnetti's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Going for style or performance? If for performance, just run some real race pads and save a bunch of money.
    2015 S3: Uni Stage 2 ECU/TCU / Most of the 034 chassis and suspension catalog / APR Intake, Turbo inlet and Downpipe / ECS resonator delete / Neuspeed turbo muffler delete & discharge piping / 18x8.5 ET35 255/40
    2008 R8 V8 Manual: Uni 93 ECU tune / Avior Exhaust / 15mm Spacers / R8 Puddle lights / Custom mats
    1991 LS400: Literally every part replaced or modified in some way (24hrs of Lemons car)