Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Senior Member Four Rings namvar's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013, Q7 Prestige, Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo, Cabinet full of Adam's Polish Products

Question Best source of carbon fiber parts

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    just ordered a piece from OSIR as they were the only company which carried that particular part. There seems to be several suppliers of other parts with prices all over the map. Neidfaktor is the most expensive, osir is the next highest and ECS seems reasonable but they don't disclose who they source from.

I'd appreciate everyone's thoughts on high quality source of carbon fiber parts.

2015 RS5: Mythos Black, Tech, Dynamic steering, Black Optics packages, Folding side mirror upgrade, internal LED lights, Eventuri Intake, Akrapovič exhaust
    On order: Bilstein B16 RideControl
    2013 3.0T Prestige Q7: Sport pedals, LED interior lights

Veteran Member Four Rings Beast's Avatar
    AZ Member #

What parts specifically are you looking for?
    2015 Audi []RS5: Sepang Blue | Black Optics |
    AWE | VelocityAP | 1Sec | iND | Eventuri
    Past: 2012 Audi A5. Sline: P.Blk

IG @RS5z

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2013, Q7 Prestige, Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo, Cabinet full of Adam's Polish Products

side mirrors and spoiler. ECS has the spoiler listed at $400 while OSIR sells the part for $780

maybe the Valance next year?

2015 RS5: Mythos Black, Tech, Dynamic steering, Black Optics packages, Folding side mirror upgrade, internal LED lights, Eventuri Intake, Akrapovič exhaust

Veteran Member Four Rings JamesRS5's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Iíve used Carbon-Designz for several parts, they use OEM Audi parts and cover those in your choice of carbon cloth so expect OEM ++ prices. Delivery can be slow but if youíre not in a hurry and you want a perfect product then I can recommend them ... just make sure youíre sitting down when you check the prices.

https://carbon-designz.com/audi/a5-s5-rs5/8t.html

Remember youíre buying a genuine Audi part plus the work that goes into skinning it in carbon so for the rear spoiler, thatís a $870 part plus the work. Itís a lot of money but the fit and finish is OEM.
    Last edited by JamesRS5; 06-09-2018 at 11:16 PM.
    I accept a Stage II tuned S5 is quicker than an RS5
    Doug convinced me
    He's also the reason I don't come here much

Veteran Member Three Rings A6sport's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    C5 A6, D4 A8L, B8 A5, MK1 TT Roadster, Lexus RX 400h

My carbon parts, if not from Audi, are all from BKS tuning's carbon designz. Takes while to get the parts, but you won't be disappointed
    2012 A7 PP| S Exterior| RS Carbon Optics| Carbon spoiler| Carbon diffuser| Carbon mirrors/ carbon pods| V6T badges| Smoked tail, side markers| 21" High-Gloss Black Blade wheels| S sport exhaust| APR Stage II 93 dual pulleys| RS7 intake| S Sport Brembos Ft/RR| TAG B/O rings

Alcantara Exclusive Interior| Super sport seats| FB Steering wheel| S door sills| RS shifter| Audi sport puddle lights
    S Aluminum Pedals| RS floor mats| S start button| Piano Black inlays| RS Seat belts| Ambient lighting|

Established Member Three Rings PeteRock's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I have a ton of Carbon Fiber parts and a lot of them are from BKS Tuning/Carbon-Designz

As everyone else said the quality is hard to match but I waited 8-12 weeks for my orders and sometimes had to email Robert multiple times over weeks to place an order so be patient and prepared to spend!

I didnít order direct from his website because there are parts that I wanted that he didnít list so he will produce whatever you want.

Some of his prices are really high but some are actually reasonable considering the quality. I was also able to negotiate with him pretty easily.

I have also sourced some parts from Justin @ Kuhl Rennsport here on AZ and heís a solid guy that produces nice parts at a very reasonable price.

IMG_0559.JPGIMG_0235.JPG
    IMG_9952.JPGIMG_9715.JPGIMG_8572.JPGImage1528636472.071849.jpg

Pete

Senior Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

I think we can diagnose Pete with acute carbonitis, a highly contagious condition among auto enthusiasts.
    I have seen his car and the carbon parts are beautiful and of high quality.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JamesRS5 View Post
    Iíve used Carbon-Designz for several parts, they use OEM Audi parts and cover those in your choice of carbon cloth so expect OEM ++ prices. Delivery can be slow but if youíre not in a hurry and you want a perfect product then I can recommend them ... just make sure youíre sitting down when you check the prices.

https://carbon-designz.com/audi/a5-s5-rs5/8t.html

Remember youíre buying a genuine Audi part plus the work that goes into skinning it in carbon so for the rear spoiler, thatís a $870 part plus the work. Itís a lot of money but the fit and finish is OEM.
    Yup pretty much fell over. And the price doesn't include the 20% "tax". However, I learned a bit by looking them over. Thanks James

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by namvar View Post
    Yup pretty much fell over. And the price doesn't include the 20% "tax". However, I learned a bit by looking them over. Thanks James
    Go through the painstaking task of getting in touch with Robert through email and negotiate pricing....itís worth it if you are patient and want the quality

I know he recently jacked up his website pricing to actually reduce volume until he can handle the demand

If not go with Justin @ Kuhl Rennsport and you wonít be disappointed

Pete

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by PedroRS5 View Post
    I think we can diagnose Pete with acute carbonitis, a highly contagious condition among auto enthusiasts.
    I have seen his car and the carbon parts are beautiful and of high quality.
    Lol....thatís for sure! Thanks Pedro!

I was going to post other pics of some of the more elaborate and one of a kind pieces but I decided to hold off....I have a sickness!

Pete

Veteran Member Four Rings s vier's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2015 RS5
    Items for Sale

I got my mirror cover from Neidfaktor and my steering wheel from Beast. Both are very high quality with the fit and finish. Seat backs were carbon dipped by a semi local guy. They turned out really well considering itís a fakery.
    2015 Suzuka RS5 Black Optics+Carbon Ceramics-Euro Recaro Bucket -Akrapovic -AWE DPs-Ecodes-Euro fold CF Neidfaktor mirrors-3M+Suntech(whole car)-CR15-Red START button-034 diff carrier inserts-BBS CH-R 10.5x20 et25

IG: GERMANBrew

Veteran Member Three Rings A6sport's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    C5 A6, D4 A8L, B8 A5, MK1 TT Roadster, Lexus RX 400h

PeteRock, what a great looking interior, as well as your other custom items that Robert doesn't list on the website. Bravo!
    2012 A7 PP| S Exterior| RS Carbon Optics| Carbon spoiler| Carbon diffuser| Carbon mirrors/ carbon pods| V6T badges| Smoked tail, side markers| 21" High-Gloss Black Blade wheels| S sport exhaust| APR Stage II 93 dual pulleys| RS7 intake| S Sport Brembos Ft/RR| TAG B/O rings

Alcantara Exclusive Interior| Super sport seats| FB Steering wheel| S door sills| RS shifter| Audi sport puddle lights
    S Aluminum Pedals| RS floor mats| S start button| Piano Black inlays| RS Seat belts| Ambient lighting|

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

On the S5 what carbon would you pick from carbon designs to match the OEM carbon?

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JJI View Post
    On the S5 what carbon would you pick from carbon designs to match the OEM carbon?
    they say 245. i also blew the weave pattern up and placed next to my interiorin lays to confirm

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by JJI View Post
    Carbon 245 is OEM for most Exterior Parts and some Interior Parts but a lot of Interiors are done in Carbon Atlas

Pete

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by A6sport View Post
    PeteRock, what a great looking interior, as well as your other custom items that Robert doesn't list on the website. Bravo!
    Thanks man!

Pete

AZ Member #
    My Garage

ECS parts are sourced from Taiwan. All the independent reviews I have read caution against parts from China and Taiwan; Quality and fitment issues.

So it is between 1sec and OSIR for me although I waiting to hear back from OSIR to see if they outsource also. @Beast has personal experience with 1sec but unfortunately they do not make the spoiler.

Designz is just way too expensive especially if you pile on the 20% "tax"

AZ Member #

ECS parts are sourced from Taiwan. All the independent reviews I have read caution against parts from China and Taiwan; Quality and fitment issues.

So it is between 1sec and OSIR for me although I waiting to hear back from OSIR to see if they outsource also. @Beast has personal experience with 1sec but unfortunately they do not make the spoiler.

Designz is just way too expensive especially if you pile on the 20% "tax"
    Agreed on the parts from China and Taiwan.

Justin@Kuhl Rennsport is another option. Heís in Canada and is a vendor on AZ. Very fair pricing, great quality and service.

Pete

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

S5 uses Carbon Atlas pattern on interior carbon, RS5 uses 245 2x2 Twill Weave pattern.

I hate Carbon-Designz - amazing quality for sure but terrible service and they never fixed/replaced the error they made despite over 20 emails (yes 20) to Robert as they shipped me Gloss finish when I'd ordered Matte. Initially he said he'd have UPS pick it up and then he stopped replying to emails.

I've used NVD in Thailand (interior parts), Beast here on AZ (exterior trim, steering wheel, shifter knob), MACarbon (extended shifter paddles), Carbon-Designz (a-pillars and airbag cap) and a couple others and they all look pretty good. Now am trying out Justin from Kuhl Rennsport and he's been excellent in terms of communication and am looking forward to getting my latest batch of products from him soon so I will report more when they arrive but so far am impressed with his service.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

I ordered the front lower lip from OSIR already. The side view mirrors will come from Beast, when I get a chance to order them.

Osirís Spoiler is finished CF all the way around. Waiting to hear back from ECS on spoiler.

No one carries all three except designz. So a bit worried about patterns not matching.
    Last edited by namvar; 06-12-2018 at 10:52 PM.

Established Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #

I ordered the front lower lip from OSI already. The side view mirrors will come from Beast, when I get a chance to order them.

Osirís Spoiler is finished CF all the way around. Waiting to hear back from ECS on spoiler.

No one carries all three except designz. So a bit worried about patterns not matching.
    Don't stress the match - as long as you told all of them you have an RS5 and need the 245 2x2 Twill, it all comes out the exact same - pattern-wise, you can't tell any of my parts apart at all even though they came from 5 different places - it's pretty remarkable how standardized the patterns are across various manufacturers...

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AsherAudi View Post
    Don't stress the match - as long as you told all of them you have an RS5 and need the 245 2x2 Twill, it all comes out the exact same - pattern-wise, you can't tell any of my parts apart at all even though they came from 5 different places - it's pretty remarkable how standardized the patterns are across various manufacturers...
    Thanks.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

update:

ECS spoiler is only finished on top. OSIR has finished carbon fiber all the way around. Explains the price difference. I will see the quality of the products from OSIR in about a week or so when I am expected to receive the front lower lip.