Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

AZ Member #

Blue Tooth Connection Issue with MMI

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    You guys have been so helpful in the past thought I would try another issue. Just got a new Alcatel Pop cell phone. My old Android was paired with both Audi's OK, but I cleared it to be safe and get a clean reset with the new one. Anyway, paired it with the hands free easily on my 2012 Q7 without an issue. Went smoothly. Now on the 2014 Q5 it balks. Yes, I have it set on visible and in pairing mode etc. When I try to mate them the Audi system finds and recognizes the phone - and shows the multi-number pairing pin to confirm. But that pin never shows up on the phone??? If I hit "no" as not visible, the process terminates. If I hit yes - agree with the pin - the process terminates. On the Q7 I see the pin right away. On the Q5 no pin is arriving at the phone despite Audi seeing it and recognizing it by serial number etc. Any ideas??? Help! Mike P.

AZ Member #

Thanks to TL44 for the private message. A complete reset of the phone to factory defaults and I tired again and it worked. MP