Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings Jigz13's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2006 Audi s4, 2015 jeep rubicon hard rock edition

Should I change my pcv when I swap my manifold?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Swapping out my manifold next week for jhm, just wondering if I should change the pcv while Iím doing it. Car has 160 000 miles on it and am unsure if itís ever been done. Also anyone have the part numbers for oem.
    Last edited by Jigz13; 06-08-2018 at 08:19 AM.

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

It easy to do, might as well. I'd do your check valves while its off also. Easy jobs to do.

Senior Member Four Rings Terry.Reese's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2005 Audi Allroad 2.7 Biturbo V6

Quote Originally Posted by Jigz13 View Post
    Swapping out my manifold next week for jhm, just wondering if I should change the pcv while Iím doing it. Car has 160 000 miles on it and am unsure if itís ever been done. Also anyone have the part numbers for oem.
    Otto is exactly correct as well, here is a link to ECS's walk through, plus it has all the pertinent info on swapping the intake manifold as well.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7...jFKcG9qRzEwX2M
    Clarice

JHM intake spacers, DIY intake flapper mod, ported TB, heat wrap IM, 034 motor mounts, 15mm wheel spacers, CustomCAI, ZimbuTune, A8 D2 exhaust manifolds. soon to be VinnyS DP's, custom Catback straight pipe exhaust, magnaflow resonated xpipe. https://www.instagram.com/raudi.audi73/

Veteran Member Three Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2005 S4

PCV is 077103245B

Senior Member Four Rings VinnysS4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Doooo it. Don't go through the trouble and not replace it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    1997 VW GTI VR6 (sold), 2003 Audi RS6 (sold), 2010 Audi A4 2.0T (RIP Totaled on 11/2/2015 ) 2005.5 Audi S4

My build log
    http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...-s-s4-timeline

Texpoops "Correct, but a half inch difference isnít going to accelerate wear by much. Iím sure the front dips that much with a fatty in the front"

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Thanks for all the quick replies, I tried to search the forum but was under the gun as my brother had to order today in order to have it beginning of next week. Parts ordered and hopefully by the end of next week Iím rolling around with a little more hp.

Established Member Two Rings JS4Avant's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Yes definitely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Four Rings VinnysS4's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Best of luck. Let us know how it goes

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    1997 VW GTI VR6 (sold), 2003 Audi RS6 (sold), 2010 Audi A4 2.0T (RIP Totaled on 11/2/2015 ) 2005.5 Audi S4

My build log
    http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...-s-s4-timeline

Texpoops "Correct, but a half inch difference isnít going to accelerate wear by much. Iím sure the front dips that much with a fatty in the front"

Senior Member Three Rings roboto_1337's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2006 S4 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Jigz13 View Post
    Thanks for all the quick replies, I tried to search the forum but was under the gun as my brother had to order today in order to have it beginning of next week. Parts ordered and hopefully by the end of next week Iím rolling around with a little more hp.
    ... are you doing the checkvalves and valleypan gasket? they wear out and are a common oil leak spot....
    Piggy Pipes, Milltek non-res cat-back exhaust, JHM 93 Tune, JHM Short Throw Shifter, Updated RS4 upper and lower timing guides, Brembo 18Z w/RS4 SS lines, Hotchkiss RS4 Front Anti-sway bars, BC racing BR coilovers, EB-Works adjustable rear end links, 034 Motorsports spherical end links. 034 Motorsport Engine mounts, 034 Motorsports Silicon MAF hose, Hartmann 19" RS4 Reps +5mm 42DD front +10mm ECS rear.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Terry.Reese View Post
    Otto is exactly correct as well, here is a link to ECS's walk through, plus it has all the pertinent info on swapping the intake manifold as well.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7...jFKcG9qRzEwX2M
    I think so I ordered whatís in this kit and the pcv.

AZ Member #
    My Garage

My bro got everything put back together and flashing ecu either tonight or tomorrow. I told him to order everything suggested here but he only ordered the pcv as he didnít think I needed the other kit. The labour was free so it is what it is. I will let everyone know what I think of the little power boost when I get it back. Had milltek catless downpipes installed last month along with the jhm non resonated exhaust when I was doing my clutch and I can say I love that I can actually here the v8. As of now Iím burning roughly 1qt of oil every 900 miles. Will that increase with the added power?

https://imgur.com/a/PQ2lqJ0

AZ Member #
    My Garage

So got the car back today. Pcv diaphragm was tore so Iím glad I changed it. Nice little power bump too from IM and tune.