Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Any advice on buying a car from dealer?

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Currently in the process of buying a car.

Is it true that if I sign a purchase agreement for a custom order car, the total price listed on the purchase agreement "could" change if Audi rebates are no longer available? Like if I sign today and in 3 months the rebate of $2K is gone, can the dealer up the price $2K even though we both signed the purchase agreement?

Is Audi Financial a rip off? I am being told their lowest rates as of now is 3.9%.

Is a $1,000 non-refundable deposit common? They modified a car during allocation.

I didn't sign the purchase agreement but the dealer rep modified a allocated car for the dealer, if i back out, am I liable for anything? I didn't sign the agreement and I didnt give a deposit.

I'm getting mixed opinions from reps would appreciate any helpful feedback.

Senior Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Hi Audiís, let me try to help and others can chime in if disagree.....
    Yes rebates are applied at date of inception of lease or signed purchase contract, not order..unfortunately.

Is Audi finance a rip off? Well thatís subjective. Shop around and see if you can do better. You are entitled to use whatever lender u like....

$1000 is not a lot for a higher end car. Usually itís nonrefundsble if you donít buy the car and they canít sell it. If they can sell it I would ask for deposit back, although they are not obligated.

Your not ďliableĒ for anything. You are not forced to purchase the car. Unless you put down a deposit.. see above

Hope that helps! What car u looking at ???

Quote Originally Posted by audis5101 View Post
    Currently in the process of buying a car.

Is it true that if I sign a purchase agreement for a custom order car, the total price listed on the purchase agreement "could" change if Audi rebates are no longer available? Like if I sign today and in 3 months the rebate of $2K is gone, can the dealer up the price $2K even though we both signed the purchase agreement?

Is Audi Financial a rip off? I am being told their lowest rates as of now is 3.9%.

Is a $1,000 non-refundable deposit common? They modified a car during allocation.

I didn't sign the purchase agreement but the dealer rep modified a allocated car for the dealer, if i back out, am I liable for anything? I didn't sign the agreement and I didnt give a deposit.

I'm getting mixed opinions from reps would appreciate any helpful feedback.
    2016 S7 Daytona gray, arras red interior
    RS7 performance steering wheel
    9500ci Passport with mid-city enginering module integrated into instrument display
    Resonator delete with x-pipe