Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran Member Four Rings JamesRS5's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Drone = resonance I believe? With the Capristo and valves forced open in individual mode, there is definitely a resonance inside the cabin at low revs, a resonance that is completely removed with valves closed.
    Cruising at 70mph in individual mode with the valves open, there is an increase in volume of the exhaust, a volume increase that is completely removed with the valves closed.
    I accept a Stage II tuned S5 is quicker than an RS5
    Doug convinced me
    He's also the reason I don't come here much

Established Member Two Rings tma5091's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by altobeast View Post
    Hi All,

In my pursuit of a proper exhaust, I'd like to know everybody's opinion on exhaust tones, especially with the introduction of a few new offerings from Velocity and JHM.

I'm looking for something exotic, loud enough, valved. With this being a 2-4k investment, I would love to get a thread going over the different tones, as it is very hard to pick out over video and I would rather talk to owner's directly.

Options are:

Akrapovic
    Armytryix
    Capristo Res
    Capristo Non-Res
    JHM
    VelocityAP
    Gthaus
    Milltek

New Adds: Remus

What are you favorites, and kind of rate them 1-10 on loudness, exotic tone, Muscle tone, etc.

Thanks! And if there is a thread like this, I couldn't find one. Since we are not just bolting on a 300 dollar muffler like my old V8's it would be helpful to me and many other people on the fence.
    If you live in So Cal you can hear mine in person, then you will know

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Veteran Member Four Rings chrissurfr's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I ended up getting the AWE track kit with stock downpipes, but I removed the center muffler. It's pretty mental...and the downpipes make sure I have no drone :)
    2017 Cement Grey TRD Pro 4runner
    2014 Suzuka Grey RS5 >:)
    • Lots of black satin wrapped stuff
    • AWE Track Exhaust with center muffler straight piped
    • H&R Street Coilovers
    • BBS CH R - Titanium finish
    • eCode headlights
    • funky floormats
    • Eventuri intake
    • Carbon fiber seat trim
    • Carbon fiber dash trim

Active Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 Dodge Ram Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by Delasangre4231 View Post
    I have some emails back from Kline Innovations.

I would be completely in on a group buy for this. I love the design of Kline. The sound seems amazing on YouTube videos. I actually like the sound of Armytryx, but I have heard some negative things about their design and power loss. I am in the process of getting quote for these as well.
    2013 RS5 Black All Stock

Veteran Member Three Rings Delasangre4231's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by tapcon View Post
    I would be completely in on a group buy for this. I love the design of Kline. The sound seems amazing on YouTube videos. I actually like the sound of Armytryx, but I have heard some negative things about their design and power loss. I am in the process of getting quote for these as well.
    Definitely, funding for me is still about a year out but I'd for sure be interested in this!
    2013 RS5 Phantom Black Pearl - Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, ECS Brake lines with Motul RBF600, ECS X-Pipe, Leyo Motorsports paddle extensions

2003 A4 Avant, 6MT, 3.0 V6 SOLD
    B6 S4 front brakes, JHM stainless brake lines, Straight Pipe - http://youtu.be/7zsiB7rT1fo

Senior Member Three Rings AbeViator's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Kline is fantastic but pricey and hard to obtain due to their lack of production. AWE sounds good but has no valves which is a deal breaker for me in a HOA regulated neighborhood, but if thatís not an issue, their exhaust for the RS5 is a great bang for the buck. Imo Armytrix sounds mental but there are threads showing power loss issues and quality of their material in their components. That left me with Akrapovic and Capristo which are both pricey, but proven brands. Akra is awesome but too quiet for my taste, so I ended up with Capristo because of its exotic sound. I have that paired with AWE downpipes, and I have a deep rumbling sound down low with that signature Capristo scream up top. Anyways, thatís just my thought process of elimination. No matter what, youíll love hearing that V8 roar!
    RS5 SB | Alu-Optic | Sport Exhaust | 20" Rotors | Driver Pkg w/ Side Assist | Nappa | MMI Nav+ | B&O
    CARBON OPTICS | AWE DP | H&R | 1SECARBON | 034 | ECS | EVENTURI | CAPRISTO | ARMASPEED

AZ Member #

Kline is half the cost of Capristo and sounds better in my opinion, if that means I have to wait a month for them to build it and another month for international shipping that's fine by me
    2013 RS5 Phantom Black Pearl - Michelin Pilot Sport 4S, ECS Brake lines with Motul RBF600, ECS X-Pipe, Leyo Motorsports paddle extensions

B6 S4 front brakes, JHM stainless brake lines, Straight Pipe - http://youtu.be/7zsiB7rT1fo

Established Member Two Rings tma5091's Avatar
    AZ Member #

I would definitely consider Kline if I didn't already have an Armytrix. I am totally satisfied with the Armytrix and have no issues with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

AZ Member #

Finally made a little video of my ECS X-pipe. Sorry I am using and old crappy point and shoot.

https://youtu.be/aLhfK036PWU

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2006 Chevy Express 2500 with a Duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Delasangre4231 View Post
    I have some emails back from Kline Innovations.

I would love to hear this when you get it put on.

AZ Member #

Quote Originally Posted by KMANinTX View Post
    I would love to hear this when you get it put on.
    Me too ;) Its going to be next summer at least, I just dropped 2k on wheels and winter tires. Got a lot of recovering to do financially.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12