Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Jun 26 2017
    AZ Member #
    401758
    Location
    Los Angeles

    Issues with Finishing touch!

    Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Just wanted to share my concerns regarding the "Finishing touch" offered with all new vehicles. I took delivery of my 18' S5 Sportback with magma red interior 4 days ago. During the negotiation process, the SA included audi care and the finishing touch as an added bonus for making the sale. I dropped off the vehicle yesterday morning and when I returned to pick it up in the evening, the interior was almost unrecognizable. It was wet, oily, and greasy in appearence, giving off an awful odor to match. Even other members of the service department seemed shocked that my service agent was expecting me to drive off in the vehicle. There is absolutely no reason that this should be an issue with a service often performed on R8s and the like. This is my 5th audi, and have never considered any of the packages offered during sale. I wont be making this mistake again.


    Please advise on how to proceed. I refused to pick up the car yesterday, and they mentioned they would try to "clean the leather up a bit"


    If anyone else has had this issue, please feel free to chime in.

  2. #2
    Audi Customer Experience Three Rings Audi USA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 24 2017
    AZ Member #
    396205
    Location
    Auburn Hills, MI

    Quote Originally Posted by Luis Rodriguez View Post
    Just wanted to share my concerns regarding the "Finishing touch" offered with all new vehicles. I took delivery of my 18' S5 Sportback with magma red interior 4 days ago. During the negotiation process, the SA included audi care and the finishing touch as an added bonus for making the sale. I dropped off the vehicle yesterday morning and when I returned to pick it up in the evening, the interior was almost unrecognizable. It was wet, oily, and greasy in appearence, giving off an awful odor to match. Even other members of the service department seemed shocked that my service agent was expecting me to drive off in the vehicle. There is absolutely no reason that this should be an issue with a service often performed on R8s and the like. This is my 5th audi, and have never considered any of the packages offered during sale. I wont be making this mistake again.


    Please advise on how to proceed. I refused to pick up the car yesterday, and they mentioned they would try to "clean the leather up a bit"


    If anyone else has had this issue, please feel free to chime in.
    Hello Luis,

    This is far from the experience that we would like you to have when you take delivery of a brand new Audi vehicle. If possible, can you private message me your contact information and VIN as well as the information on the dealer so I can open a review? Thank you.
    Vincenzo F.

    Audi Social Community Manager

  3. #3
    Active Member One Ring heisnuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25 2017
    AZ Member #
    400063
    Location
    Oregon

    Quote Originally Posted by Luis Rodriguez View Post
    Just wanted to share my concerns regarding the "Finishing touch" offered with all new vehicles. I took delivery of my 18' S5 Sportback with magma red interior 4 days ago. During the negotiation process, the SA included audi care and the finishing touch as an added bonus for making the sale. I dropped off the vehicle yesterday morning and when I returned to pick it up in the evening, the interior was almost unrecognizable. It was wet, oily, and greasy in appearence, giving off an awful odor to match. Even other members of the service department seemed shocked that my service agent was expecting me to drive off in the vehicle. There is absolutely no reason that this should be an issue with a service often performed on R8s and the like. This is my 5th audi, and have never considered any of the packages offered during sale. I wont be making this mistake again.


    Please advise on how to proceed. I refused to pick up the car yesterday, and they mentioned they would try to "clean the leather up a bit"


    If anyone else has had this issue, please feel free to chime in.
    This really sounds like something the dealer added to the car that has nothing to do with Audi. My guess they applied a "sealant" package to the interior/exterior of the car, which is very much like applying wax to the outside and a Scotch Guard type "protection" to the the interior. It looks like the dealer did a poor job on the installation, or the product they used (which is not from Audi) leaves that appearance after installation.

  4. #4
    Active Member One Ring
    Join Date
    Jun 26 2017
    AZ Member #
    401758
    Location
    Los Angeles

    Quote Originally Posted by heisnuts View Post
    This really sounds like something the dealer added to the car that has nothing to do with Audi. My guess they applied a "sealant" package to the interior/exterior of the car, which is very much like applying wax to the outside and a Scotch Guard type "protection" to the the interior. It looks like the dealer did a poor job on the installation, or the product they used (which is not from Audi) leaves that appearance after installation.
    You are correct! It was a dealer add on. According to finance, it is a proprietary sealant and the installation was far beyond poor. I am looking for assistance in resolving this issue as everyone at the dealership continues to give me the run around.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Audi USA View Post
    Hello Luis,

    This is far from the experience that we would like you to have when you take delivery of a brand new Audi vehicle. If possible, can you private message me your contact information and VIN as well as the information on the dealer so I can open a review? Thank you.
    Thank you for the response! PM is coming your way.

  5. #5
    Veteran Member Four Rings WinterRunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 11 2007
    AZ Member #
    21717
    My Garage
    09' DG R8 4.2 18' Q3 BO S+ 03' Forester XS 5spd.
    Location
    Suburbia

    The dealership should step up and correct this immediately. I wouldn't have left without some written fix in my hand.
    09' R8 Daytona/CF 4.2 V8
    ~Avior exhaust & black tips~LEDs~10mm MTM spacers~OEM euro mirrors~CF S-wheel~
    ~FeynLab ceramic~Xpel'd~35%Tints~Black rings/grille~3 pedals~No questions asked~

    Past:
    08' Daytona/Ti RS4 (dearly missed)
    05.5' Dolphin S4



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


    © 2001-2018 Audizine, Audizine.com, and Driverzines.com
    Audizine is an independently owned and operated automotive enthusiast community and news website.
    Audi and the Audi logo(s) are copyright/trademark Audi AG. Audizine is not endorsed by or affiliated with Audi AG.