Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

My S5 Sportback finally arrived....well sort of.

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Back in Feruary of this year I ordered a Premium Plus S5 Sportback with an Audi Exclusive color in Sepang Blue. I called the dealership every month asking the status and every time they told me a different answer. One person said the expected build date would be June and another person said July. To sum it up the car wouldn't show up at the dealer until maybe September-October at the latest. I was bummed would be and understatement because they (audi reps) told me 6 months.

Then last week I called my Audi sales rep and he said we have a car similar to your ordered specs but it's in Ara Blue in the Prestige package with ventilated seats. I remembered back in February when I ordered my car I was torn between Sepang and the Ara but leaning towards Sepang for the darker look. When the rep showed the car online I was almost immediately hooked but balked at the price. It was 4000 dollars more than what I ordered. The MSRP on the car was almost 72,000. I told him to come down to my original ordered price of 64,000. He got back to me the next day and said we would meet at 65,000; long story short I got the car that next day and couldn't be more happy.

I"m still learning the MMI and the tech but I think I'll get used to it over time. There is so much technology in this car it blow my mind. The heads up display looks like something from a Jet fighter. I'm coming from an original owner of a 2001 Acura CL type S which I got straight from college almost 18 yrs ago.

Eric

167A9672 by Eric, on Flickr

167A9670 by Eric, on Flickr

167A9683 by Eric, on Flickr

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Very nice, love the color!

Registered Member Four Rings GSS5's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    Cayenne%20X5

Congrats! Must feel like quite the upgrade from a 2001 Acura
    ig: gs.autogram

'16 S5 3.0T S tronic / Glacier White / Black

'14 S5 3.0T 6MT / Glacier White / Black

'10 S5 4.2 6MT / Brilliant Black / Black

Established Member Three Rings snocat17's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2016 S5 Cab, 2008 GMC Hennessey HPE 450 Sierra

New favorite color! Looks awesome with the red calipers and squares. Nice choice!
    -Joe
    2016 S5 Cabriolet Prestige Glacier White Metallic w/ brown comfort seats and piano wire black wood trim. RED Brake calipers holding EBC RedStuff pads, VCDS cable

Active Member One Ring
    AZ Member #

Congrats, very nice! How are the ventilated seats? Is there a noticeable difference in the quality of the Milano leather vs. the Nappa?

Stage 2 Banner Advertiser Four Rings Mops@Nemesis's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    '18 S4, '16 SQ5

Beautiful car!!

Quote Originally Posted by ctemmons View Post
    Congrats, very nice! How are the ventilated seats? Is there a noticeable difference in the quality of the Milano leather vs. the Nappa?
    Good Q. I'm curious too.
    034Motorsport | Advan | AG | Akrapovič | AWE | BBS | BC Forged | Brembo | Capristo | Deval | Forgeline | H&R | KW | Milltek | OZ | Sparco | Stoptech | TSW | Volk | Vorsteiner | Work | and many more

Established Member Two Rings Hey_T_S5's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Nice ride, great color choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Audizine

Senior Member Three Rings shoe3k's Avatar
    AZ Member #

This car looks really good in Sepang. Congrats on the purchase.
    2017 S6 Prestige | Moonlight Blue Metallic | Sport Pkg | Cold Weather Pkg | Driver Assistance Pkg |
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Previous: '15 S4 | '15 STI | '12 GLI Autobahn | '08 Passat | '04 R32 | '05 GTI 1.8t |