Audizine - An Automotive Enthusiast Community

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

anyone here deal with an O ring blowout issue? Clutch pedal is on floor.

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Hi everyone. Long time lurker, but I was wondering if anyone had advice or recommendations on this strange issue.

I started adding to an old thread in the b5 s4 forum https://www.audizine.com/forum/showt...stuck-to-floor

they recommended I come here and find a Facebook group or locals. Ive got an 01 s4 Avant, stage 1 with just an EPL chip and a modded clutch. The car will be completely fine and then the O ring pops and it loses all the hydraulic fluid from the slave and then the clutch sinks to the floor and then the car is undriveable.

A shop who I normally really like and has done great work in the past says that I need a new clutch and I dont know wether they are correct in their diagnosis or not. I have replaced the O ring on the slave 3 times now. I upgraded to the metal slave and a metal hydraulic line and it still keeps happening. The shop is saying that the clutch is too heavy and putting too much pressure on the O ring. The clutch is an rs4 clutch with a Dahlback flywheel. Its always been a bit stiff, but it was fine for 68K miles when I put it in at 101K.

Since all the shop is doing is making the car driveable until the O ring pops again this new O ring is basically just a band-aid for under 100 miles until this happens all over again. Does anyone have any experience with this issue? Help and advice appreciated. Just FYI Im about 1 mile east of downtown.

AZ Member #
    My Garage
    2000 S4 Stage 3, '11 A4 Avant Prestige, titanium, sport, '87 4kq 3B!

Never heard of your specific issue on B5 clutches before. Sucks. I don't know which shop you've taken it to but one place I can highly recommend for all things B5 S4 is Apikol in Arvada. (303) 731-3571 Good luck man.

Established Member Two Rings Clockwerks's Avatar
    AZ Member #
    My Garage
    05 6mt allroad, 16 Ducati Hyper, Wife's Honda Pilot, impending feeling of doom with 2 C5 audis

Call Hardey’s in Parker if your south. 303-840-7664. He’s brilliant with these cars
    05 allroad 6 speed, blue, color matched and bone stock so far...
    04 2.7 A6 6 speed with GT28RS Turbos, water/meth injection, 3" performance exhaust w/ RS6 tips, Koni FSDs, Eibachs, & H&R sway bars, 8 piston Brembos, RS6 18" whls, Drive train stab, RS6 body & alcantera interior, European RS6 pedals, R8 steering whl running a Kenwood 9980, Boost gauge, Blah, blah blah...

Established Member Two Rings
    AZ Member #

Im about a mile east of downtown but thanks for the parker and arvada advice. Anyone have any ideas of what to look at next? The shop who has the car seems to be the only ones who think its a clutch issue. I have no idea what to do anymore but would love a knowledgeable person to go over it with me. I would hate to sell the car, but this issue is over my head and the shop's quotes are nutso $$$.

Veteran Member Three Rings bluefox280's Avatar
    AZ Member #

Call Berg Performance or Bluewater Performance and see if you get a second / third opinion.
    Hate for a good car to be trashed over a item that should be easily determined.

- Erik
    PatternDraftImaging.com - "...Where Engineering Discipline and Photography Merge as One..."